Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

People are trolling Trip Advisor now.

Becky Griffiths
Becky Griffiths
Great place for an eye test. Staff weren't around for some reason but we just let ourselves in. Don't think there are any petrol stations near by though so make sure you drive in your magic car.

Jack William
Jack William
So happy they're taking visitors during lockdown

Martyn Taylor
Martyn Taylor
Can't recommend this town enough. Could barely see when I left home (Islington) but once here it was like I had been to Specsavers. I don't regret the trip one bit.

Harry Barrett
Harry Barrett
The ideal alternative to Specsavers. Be sure to stop here before a long journey to ensure you're eyes still work properly.

Jacob Shaw
Jacob Shaw
Went here expecting an on-site opticians but was disappointed as there was nothing . Still a lovely place with a nice river nearby perfect for a picnic.

Daniel Sanders
Daniel Sanders
If you want to see if your eyesight is good enough to drive, take a trip here. It's garaunteed to accurately evaluate your eyesight!

Dan Hall
Dan Hall
Great eye testing facilities

Kyria Wild
Kyria Wild
Need an eye test? Drive here

Emily Shepherd
Emily Shepherd
Great opticians!

Nathan Fitzpatrick
Nathan Fitzpatrick
I've always said to my family, if you want to test your eyesight, drive to Barnard Castle!

Esther Scoburgh
Esther Scoburgh
worth the drive there to test out my eyesight. Thanks for the recommendation Dom.

M Wild
M Wild
During my allotted time for exercise I bumped in to a familiar face from the government. I was incredulous that he seemed to be breaking the very rules he had set out for us so I said to him, "You can dance, you can lie, having the drive of your life, head up North, walk the Tees, you've broken your quarantine."

Andrew
Andrew
Eventually found the place thanks to my sat nav, but I couldn't actually see the structure. My wife had to drive us back home to London. Only one comfort brake on the way back, and managed to shake hands with the toilet attendant.

TryingToBeRational
TryingToBeRational
Recently drove up there for an eye test, fantastic experience.

veryvickers
veryvickers
Very nice. Historic, picturesque and worth the trip. Really made me see things clearly...
Opened my eyes!

well at least I'm getting some nice pictures of an empty garden via the Guardian feed of this event. Better than talking heads on the BBC.

Got about 5mins in and gave up - someone is blaring a siren in the background which is a welcome distraction to the boring yarn Cummings in bleating on but - it’s all a bit surreal really with him sitting in the garden :confused:

Becky Griffiths
Becky Griffiths
Great place for an eye test. Staff weren't around for some reason but we just let ourselves in. Don't think there are any petrol stations near by though so make sure you drive in your magic car.

Jack William
Jack William
So happy they're taking visitors during lockdown

Martyn Taylor
Martyn Taylor
Can't recommend this town enough. Could barely see when I left home (Islington) but once here it was like I had been to Specsavers. I don't regret the trip one bit.

Harry Barrett
Harry Barrett
The ideal alternative to Specsavers. Be sure to stop here before a long journey to ensure you're eyes still work properly.

Jacob Shaw
Jacob Shaw
Went here expecting an on-site opticians but was disappointed as there was nothing . Still a lovely place with a nice river nearby perfect for a picnic.

Daniel Sanders
Daniel Sanders
If you want to see if your eyesight is good enough to drive, take a trip here. It's garaunteed to accurately evaluate your eyesight!

Dan Hall
Dan Hall
Great eye testing facilities

Kyria Wild
Kyria Wild
Need an eye test? Drive here

Emily Shepherd
Emily Shepherd
Great opticians!

Nathan Fitzpatrick
Nathan Fitzpatrick
I've always said to my family, if you want to test your eyesight, drive to Barnard Castle!

Esther Scoburgh
Esther Scoburgh
worth the drive there to test out my eyesight. Thanks for the recommendation Dom.

M Wild
M Wild
During my allotted time for exercise I bumped in to a familiar face from the government. I was incredulous that he seemed to be breaking the very rules he had set out for us so I said to him, "You can dance, you can lie, having the drive of your life, head up North, walk the Tees, you've broken your quarantine."

Andrew
Andrew
Eventually found the place thanks to my sat nav, but I couldn't actually see the structure. My wife had to drive us back home to London. Only one comfort brake on the way back, and managed to shake hands with the toilet attendant.

TryingToBeRational
TryingToBeRational
Recently drove up there for an eye test, fantastic experience.

veryvickers
veryvickers
Very nice. Historic, picturesque and worth the trip. Really made me see things clearly...
Opened my eyes!

Aye, I've been hitting refresh on that page all day - it just keeps on giving :D

I really don't think there are that many.
I do hope not but there are a few on Facebook who are still running with either the
"He was looking after his child"
"It's the media hounding the Tories"
or, my favourite
"It's revenge for Brexit"
I've engaged with a couple but then thought it's just not worth it. If traveling 60 miles with your child in your car to test your eyesight isn't going to convince them then nothing will!

I do hope not but there are a few on Facebook who are still running with either the
"He was looking after his child"
"It's the media hounding the Tories"
or, my favourite
"It's revenge for Brexit"
I've engaged with a couple but then thought it's just not worth it. If traveling 60 miles with your child in your car to test your eyesight isn't going to convince you then nothing will!
Thing is he can never take that back and nor can the idiots in cabinet who have supported it. In a way him stumbling on for a bit longer as a diminished figure of ridicule may not be so bad.

In one sense, he has already; he's survived.
But all the time he remains a visible part of Johnson's regime he depresses their polling.
The leadership & Westminster numbers have been falling anyway, but the forthcoming ones will show the damage he's causing by his continuing presence.
They've only got four years to get over this and conceivably Cummings may have outlasted his use by then.

In one sense, he has already; he's survived.
But all the time he remains a visible part of Johnson's regime he depresses their polling.
The leadership & Westminster numbers have been falling anyway, but the forthcoming ones will show the damage he's causing by his continuing presence.
Let's see what tomorrow brings. His Prince Andrew moment has only just happened.

So this is how they are framing it on 'reasonable middle England conservative land'. I reckon now he has done just enough that he and Johnson get to fight another day, mores the pity.

The bottom line is that most of his foes want him out so that Boris Johnson can be weakened, the Conservatives damaged, the Government’s electoral chances set back and EU transition extended.
They shouldn’t succeed, but they could do. For if those poll numbers don’t move, we think that Cummings may walk. We have few illusions here about British politics. Or human nature.

Back
Top Bottom