Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Alt-Right

There is nothing wrong with my characterisation. I just went back to check I wasn't misremembering...there at least 8 other posters on the thread liking his posts and/or the ones vouching for him. Those likes are solidarity likes and support of his position. I can notice that and post about it if I want.

The only post on the thread, that I can think of that was defending CR was LiamO post number 1253.

That post has been liked by
Bingo, bimble and Casually Red himself.

Critical replies to that post have been made by the following posters
Redsquirrel, Athos, copliker, you and myself

The following posters have liked posts critical of post 1253, but have not posted themselves
Plumdaff, copliker, fizzie bear, crossthebreeze, teqniq, BigTom, Maomao, pocketscience, Sue, danny la rouge and JimW.

As there are other tangential discussion going on such as Coplikers old post about an apparent friend of CRs being shot, I think the above gives the clearest picture of who is or is not defending CR in general.

Not only are the second and third groups much larger, but they included many of the posters I would see as part of the 'left wing' of Urban, while the first has none.

The above list of names may not be 100%, I'm rushed and on my phone.

The only post on the thread, that I can think of that was defending CR was LiamO post number 1253.
I wasn't just referring to people liking that one post, I was also referring to people liking CR's posts as well. Also when I wrote 'truly of the left' it's obvious that I was paraphrasing Liamo saying CR all he belongs to are 'essentially of the left'. It's also obvious that i'm not referring to anyone who has challenged him or LO. It doesn't matter how many of us challenge them. I am allowed to notice and post about those that don't and support them.

Stop wasting my time on this weird misreading and nitpicking.

List.jpg

"Cosmopolitan" is a particularly poor choice of term of abuse under the circumstances.

Comedy is about people doing things badly. CR's (sadly mostly deleted) meltdown and failed attempt to invite a ban from editor reminded me of Lt.Ito in Letters From Iwo Jima.

lt ito.jpg

Chronology of activity by nazis and co in Friedrichshain, from the murder of Silvio Meier in 1992 until April this year. Often long gaps between updates but it gets there eventually. Very old format and all in forrin but translation extensions work ok.

Antifa Friedrichshain // Chronik Rechter Aktivitäten in Friedrichshain

BFC Dynamo gets mentioned explicitly a few times. The incident I mentioned earlier occurred in september 2006, 3 months after the bar was opened (9.06.2006) by Mario Hoffmann who runs the clothing brand Brachial which is popular with the neo-nazi scene. Profiled here. For the NSU completists, a connection is also mentioned there.

'Alt' is German for old so Alt-Right still sort of works for this. If nothing else, this is something that tourists could at least do with being aware of.

fao anyone sad enough to try to decipher the drunken fascist's ramblings above
1: editor hasn't a clue who I am and doesn't give a fuck and why would he
2: Proletarian Democracy was a one joke thing in 2012 done by about 20 posters, most of whom have given up on this place

Last edited:
Talking about "weird readings", who has been asking anyone to do this? Who? Certainly not the people who have called out Casually Red. So it must be some other group of people. If anyone.

I am clearly referring to those vouching for him and/or liking his posts. Those that give him the a squeeze even though they know of his racist/homphobic/sexist posting history. :confused: I didn't expect you to join in this willfully misreading me game as well actually Danny.

I am clearly referring to those vouching for him and/or liking his posts. Those that give him the a squeeze even though they know of his racist/homphobic/sexist posting history. :confused: I didn't expect you to join in this willfully misreading me game as well actually Danny.
That wasn't clear to me. (I also don't know what giving someone the a squeeze means).

Can you clear up why you think anyone vouching for CR, or liking Liam's posts doing so, is representative of "the left"?

If lots of people are misreading you, then maybe it's not because they're doing so wilfully, but rather that you've not made yourself clear.

Letting someone off the hook.

I explained that in the post you quoted above. I was paraphrasing LO's description of CR.
OK, so you mean the very small number of people liking Liam or CR's posts? I don't think they should be doing so. I don't think they represent the left, though.

Letting someone off the hook.

I explained that in the post you quoted above. I was paraphrasing LO's description of CR.

You seem to be engaging in a bit of revisionism. The original post implied that there's a need for liberal identity politics because those on the traditional left (i.e. whose focus is class analysis) unfairly challenged a woman of colour for calling out white supremacists whilst turning a blind eye to CR's antics. But both of those things are untrue. People challenged a tweet which, on the face of it, blamed all white women (not just supremicists), on the basis that it was inaccurate, racist and counter-productive. And some of the most vociferous critics of CR have come from class based leftists.

And the idea that any of the left critics of identity politics here are expecting people off colour to put up with racism is utter buillshit.

Last edited:
I wasn't just referring to people liking that one post, I was also referring to people liking CR's posts as well. Also when I wrote 'truly of the left' it's obvious that I was paraphrasing Liamo saying CR all he belongs to are 'essentially of the left'. It's also obvious that i'm not referring to anyone who has challenged him or LO. It doesn't matter how many of us challenge them. I am allowed to notice and post about those that don't and support them.

Stop wasting my time on this weird misreading and nitpicking.
As I said there are several tangential discussions going on. I don't think you can take someone liking a post complaining about copliker's post about CR's mate, as in any way an endorsement of CR, or as meaning that he should be tolerated. I don't think not wanting to put up with CR and thinking that copliker's post was out of order are incompatible positions. People like posts for all sorts of reasons, short of full agreement with the poster. If all these posters were so keen to defend CR, why are they not liking the one post explicitly doing that? Why are they not speaking up?

OK, so you mean the very small number of people liking Liam or CR's posts? I don't think they should be doing so. I don't think they represent the left, though.

I get the feeling that by having a lot of these posters on ignore, I've missed quite a good bun fight.

Back
Top Bottom