Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Alt-Right

It would be really interesting to find out who actually paid for all this:

It's an Aljazeera article and Aljazeera is owned by the Qatari regime. Mark Owen Jones who wrote the article works for the Qatari franchise of North-Western University, so Qatar paid for the article defending Qatar.

It's an Aljazeera article and Aljazeera is owned by the Qatari regime. Mark Owen Jones who wrote the article works for the Qatari franchise of North-Western University, so Qatar paid for the article defending Qatar.
No shit Sherlock. I am perfectly well aware of who Marc Owen Jones is, who he works for and is paid by. I am talking about the 'shadowy social media operation'; the subject of the piece.

No shit Sherlock. I am perfectly well aware of who Marc Owen Jones is, who he works for and is paid by. I am talking about the 'shadowy social media operation'; the subject of the piece.
I was talking about the Qatari media operation, which seems reasonable as this article is about how the Qatari Royals reputation has been besmirched. The Qaari Royal family are rich and brutal dictators, so I don't have time for their apologists regardless of what other arguments they drag in to defend them.

As to "shadowy ", it's an antisemitic trope, so why use it.

Last edited:
I was talking about the Qatari media operation, which seems reasonable as this article is about how the Qatari Royals reputation has been besmirched. The Qaari Royal family are rich and brutal dictators, so I don't have time for their apologists regardless of what other arguments they drag in to defend them.

As to "shadowy ", it's an antisemitic trope, so why use it.

It was not in the least bit obvious that you were talking about the Qatari media operation, at least to me. As for his use of 'shadowy' being an antisemitic trope. I tried searching using both Google and DuckDuckGo and can find no evidence of this.

It was not in the least bit obvious that you were talking about the Qatari media operation, at least to me. As for his use of 'shadowy' being an antisemitic trope. I tried searching using both Google and DuckDuckGo and can find no evidence of this.

Which bit wasn't obvious?

Which bit wasn't obvious?
Jeez :facepalm: in the cold light of day, I have worded that all wrong for which I apologise. What I actually mean is that rather than wondering as did I who actually paid for the social media campaign as you put it 'besmirching' them you have drawn from the piece that it is purely a piece defending the Qatari regime who we can both agree are not nice people. Nevertheless, according to the article it was a very large operation. It must have cost a lot of money and again according to the article they have gone to some trouble to cover their tracks, paying for the operation using Vietnamese dong, using a Vietnamese front company. It would be nice to know who paid for it, not that we are ever likely to know.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom