Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thatcher is dead

Everyone at work seems to like her. At least she had balls.... and some crap about aspiration.

aye, despite the initial rush of shameful glee, it's hard to be too celebratory as we have to deal with her legacy

Beeb saying she spent most of her final days at the Ritz, she'll have died wealthy and comfortable, having helped leave a neo lib legacy that dominates global politics to a greater or lesser degree....if I was her family , I'd be celebrating a life well lived.

A public outpouring of disgust at her memory / legacy might help mitigate that , but not sure if it will happen.

I've picked a gravestone for her

led-disco-dancefloor.jpg

The coverage looks pretty bad on the internet:

"In the 1960s, while the British feminist movement was burning its bras, Margaret Thatcher was challenging the gender barrier within the Conservative Party. She led the party in opposition and in 1979 became Britain’s first female prime minister. She inherited an economy in chaos that made the country the ‘Sick Man of Europe.’ Her first job was to turn that around." :rolleyes:

Bloody hell, we've spent the last couple of weeks at work worrying about Mandela and then the big one happens when we're not expecting it!

Back
Top Bottom