2 for elevenses
2 with dinner
2 after dinner
2 in the afternoon
2 at teatime
2 after tea
2 mid evening
2 with supper/before bed

That used to be me. I used a 3/4 pint mug as well. I was finally convinced that all the caffeine was not helping my anxiety problems and have reduced to 2 or 3 normal sized mugs, and only in the morning.

British values blah blah blah waffle filler bollocks nonsense crap rubbish junk idiocracy stupidity foolishness mendacity lies falsehoods stupidocracy.

I'd decided there was no such thing about four seconds after first seeing this, especially as it was on a display featuring a picture of Churchill, who openly disdained at least two of them and arguably had little interest in the others
That’s hilarious. I’ll see if I can find a pic of our display. No Churchill in sight.

I was talking to my bloke about this, and he said maybe there is something particularly (if not exclusively) British about the values. They certainly wouldn’t be the ones chosen in America (where he lives) or Kenya (where he’s from). It made me think.

What dogs?
In my post, which you quoted, I mention three of the things in the picture. One of which was a dog.

I asked if it was a dog calling itself a democracy as a joke, because I was a bit confused by what you did mean. What in my post had inspired you to “And to think they had the fucking gall to call themselves a democracy.”

Because this disgusting 'British values' rubbish forced on poor old teachers came from the Former Regime. Which was a democracy in the sense that the Pope is a Protestant.

I was talking to my bloke about this, and he said maybe there is something particularly (if not exclusively) British about the values. They certainly wouldn’t be the ones chosen in America (where he lives) or Kenya (where he’s from). It made me think.
Yeah, the thing is they're not exclusive, but have been chosen as though they are. And not by any old person in the street like me, you, your fella or any teacher on the street. Which is good for provoking discussion in the class with my 16-19 students when we talk about if there ARE any values exclusive to Britain and what they might choose for their own.

Because this disgusting 'British values' rubbish forced on poor old teachers came from the Former Regime. Which was a democracy in the sense that the Pope is a Protestant.
Hmm. It came from Gove, I believe. And was quite literally the least terrible thing he did to education.
I hate Gove for his time at DfE more than any living human. I wish him pain. But he was democratically elected by his constituents. He was appointed in a coalition government- which is something PR-supporting electoral reformers consider an inevitable good when FPTP is abolished… Not sure how it’s undemocratic, by my understanding of the term.

Hmm. It came from Gove, I believe. And was quite literally the least terrible thing he did to education.
I hate Gove for his time at DfE more than any living human. I wish him pain. But he was democratically elected by his constituents. He was appointed in a coalition government- which is something PR-supporting electoral reformers consider an inevitable good when FPTP is abolished… Not sure how it’s undemocratic, by my understanding of the term.

Agree with apart from "democratically elected by his constituents". Poor abused and bullied people in this country never got a look in. It's over. Goodbye to all that.

I find it highly amusing that Labour are advocating PR now, they weren't interested back in the day when they could win elections.

Back
Top Bottom