Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Teachers - "British values" and all that

No, they raise kids that are so spoiled because of the adult to child ratio that they can't dress themselves till they're teenagers and are unwilling to have more than one child when they grow up because they're worked like dogs and hate it.

I have worked in Chinese schools btw.

The generation that lived through the 60s are tough as old boots but the young people are spoiled rotten.
Really? That’s fascinating

K8NLTdY.jpg

rnqLsH6.jpg

odXvwLA.jpg

Eton, Harrow and Fettes.
Where did you get these pictures Sas? the rightmost kid in the top one looks familiar though I can't put my finger on it, Is he in the Govt now or something?

Oh I don’t disagree. Although I do wonder if it helps give kids a sense of identity and pride. Turning up every day in joggers and t shirts, where’s the self worth? It’s a competitive world out there and they need to be ready for it.

Where's the self worth in doing a bunch of arbitrary stuff because you'll get in trouble if you don't? What is there in that to be proud of?

Where's the self worth in doing a bunch of arbitrary stuff because you'll get in trouble if you don't? What is there in that to be proud of?
Do you really have no grasp? Have you never been on a sports team, or cadets, or felt proud in your county, or been part of a club or movement with a sense of identity?

Do you really have no grasp? Have you never been on a sports team, or cadets, or felt proud in your county, or been part of a club or movement with a sense of identity?

I know that isn't aimed at me, but reading it made me think - no I really never have.

Not me.

All the clubs I have been in didn't require a uniform.

Actually I did get a headband from my kendo club but that was more equipment than anything else and a lot of people wore personal ones.

How long have you done kendo? When I studied in Japan there was a kendo club at my university but I'm too much of a wimp to try it. The judo tutor at the university had trained people for the Olympics. Kowakubo Sensei.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pgd
Y’know what, in 10, 20 years time it’ll be absolutely irrelevant what uniform our kids wear anyway. Because China will be the new superpower, with their discipline and work ethic and strategic governance and infrastructure projects. With countries like India and Brazil, where there’s enough young people who are hungry for it, close behind. Globalisation is happening, and increasingly the competition is international. I bet they don’t gaf in China or India arguing about whether it’s against a child’s rights to wear uniform.

Axl Rose has called it out. Chinese democracy is on the way.

Y’know what, in 10, 20 years time it’ll be absolutely irrelevant what uniform our kids wear anyway. Because China will be the new superpower, with their discipline and work ethic and strategic governance and infrastructure projects. With countries like India and Brazil, where there’s enough young people who are hungry for it, close behind. Globalisation is happening, and increasingly the competition is international. I bet they don’t gaf in China or India arguing about whether it’s against a child’s rights to wear uniform.

What you call 'discipline and work ethic' I call authoritarianism.

Ok but what is in the lesson plan about Long Term Relationships? Just curious. What do you say about them?
I've had a look now. My learning objectives are

. Describe the options available to people who wish to make a long term commitment
. Explain how a long term relationship can become legally binding
. Recognise the unacceptability of forced marriage and identify support for someone who may be at risk

The third one is probably the most relevant to my class and the lesson deals with the difference between 'arranged' and 'forced'.

All in fifteen minutes.

. Describe the options available to people who wish to make a long term commitment
. Recognise the unacceptability of forced marriage and identify support for someone who may be at risk

The third one is probably the most relevant to my class and the lesson deals with the difference between 'arranged' and 'forced'.

All in fifteen minutes.

What age is that? I have to do human trafficking with year 7s. Resources and lesson plans are provided for us but they're a fucking joke and I refuse to use them.

All in fifteen minutes.
I get an hour, so with a decent group I can really get some discussion going, no matter the subject.

Amazing how intelligent, committed, hard working, talented and personable my students are, considering they came through state school.

What age is that? I have to do human trafficking with year 7s. Resources and lesson plans are provided for us but they're a fucking joke and I refuse to use them.
Y10. Currently my least favourite year group as they are sullen and uncommunicative. I would have great discussions with my Year 8s once they'd calmed down.

Y10. Currently my least favourite year group as they are sullen and uncommunicative. I would have great discussions with my Year 8s once they'd calmed down.

Yeah I'm not a fan of year 10's. I had a year 10 class for an interview lesson recently and they just death-stared me out of the room :(

What's the issue with year 10s?
I don't think it's universal because they're very different from the Y10s at my last placement. But they're old enough to behave and so express their dissatisfaction in quieter and nastier ways than the younger kids. Lots of whispering and sniggering.

Personally I would have done primary school if there'd been bursaries for that and am much happier with years 7-9. They're more fun and come out with lots of ideas that older kids wouldnt for fear of looking silly in front of their peers.

My mate Tim who is a primary school teacher in London said his daughter is a stroppy teenager and she isn't even a teenager yet. They're growing up fast.

Back
Top Bottom