Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tareena Shakil - convicted of membership of Islamic State

Does anyone know what will happen to her inside? Is it just a case of locking her up, and letting her out again after three years if she hasn't blotted her copybook?

Does anyone know what will happen to her inside? Is it just a case of locking her up, and letting her out again after three years if she hasn't blotted her copybook?

ViolentPanda might be able to shed some light.

AFAIK she should be put on some de-radicalization programme, in reality the money won't be available so she'll just rot for a few years and come out bitter and angry. Go UK.

Just heard her father in a brief "exclusive" interview on LBC, outside the court I think, angrily claiming she was set-up by MI5 and 6 because she would not co-operate with them. He basically claimed that this was because she had nothing to offer them. He also claimed that 80% of witnesses failed to turn up at court, and that an appeal will surely follow.

The judge's summing up makes no sense to me.

Sentencing her at Birmingham Crown Court, Mr Justice Inman said she showed no remorse and knew that her son would ultimately be used as an IS fighter.

But she came back. She brought her son back.

That comment only makes sense if she had been caught in Syria and brought back against her will. She wasn't.

That comment only makes sense if she had been caught in Syria and brought back against her will. She wasn't.
This makes a bit more sense:
The Recorder of Birmingham added: “You were well aware that the future which you had subjected your son to was very likely to be indoctrination and thereafter life as a terrorist fighter.”
British woman who joined Isis is jailed for six years
As you say: but she brought him back. More from her father, who was instrumental in bringing her home, here: Tareena Shakil's father says her joining Isis was a 'mistake'

"Most alarmingly you took your toddler son to Syria knowing how he would be used - his future would be as an IS fighter.
"You embraced your role in providing fighters of the future. You allowed him to be photographed next to an AK47."

The pictures were used to promote further recruitment as propaganda, she herself went as a female to be able to produce a new generation for their long Islamist struggle. She aided them, but for a short time.

Just heard her father in a brief "exclusive" interview on LBC, outside the court I think, angrily claiming she was set-up by MI5 and 6 because she would not co-operate with them. He basically claimed that this was because she had nothing to offer them. He also claimed that 80% of witnesses failed to turn up at court, and that an appeal will surely follow.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes and spooks play rough come to the attention of spooks and you are in the shit unless your a spook officer your an asset and assets are disposable:(.
A failure to cooperate when your bang to rights they are going to nail you on general principles.

"Most alarmingly you took your toddler son to Syria knowing how he would be used - his future would be as an IS fighter.
"You embraced your role in providing fighters of the future. You allowed him to be photographed next to an AK47."

The pictures were used to promote further recruitment as propaganda, she herself went as a female to be able to produce a new generation for their long Islamist struggle. She aided them, but for a short time.
Yes, then she changed her mind. I don't see any acknowledgement of that here.

Would have got longer. But if you commit a burglary and then give up the burglary game you are still a burglar in the eyes of the law.

Clearly the judge was looking for more remorse too.

if a bloke walks into a bank in a ski mask, pulls out a shotgun and fires one barrel in to the ceiling, screams at the cashier that unless she gives him the money he's going to blow her fucking head off, and while she crying her eyes out and trying stuff £50 notes into a bag he says 'actually, don't bother, prison sounds a bit shit', do you think the bloke would, or should, get recognition for changing their mind?

she's very obviously an intelligent woman, not only did she manage to get into ISland without being pinged, but she got out again when many do not - she knew enough about IS to know what they are, and she went anyway. the house she lived in while there was stolen from someone, someone who IS either murdered or intimidated, the food she ate while their was stolen from someone, someone IS either murdered or intimidated, she took part in their propaganda and forced her son to do the same, and she actively encouraged people to join IS in order to make their oppression of the poor fuckers who have the misfortune to live under their yoke more complete, and even worse.

she deserves nothing, she is just as much a part of IS as the cunts who decapitate peple with kitchen knives or burn others alive in cages.

ViolentPanda might be able to shed some light.

It's not a straightforward case of her doing time,and then "she's paid her debt to society". Blair-era legal changes mean that once she's done her time (if given any) she'll be put on a short leash, probably with communications restrictions and surveillance, until the intelligence people are satisfied she's not active.

AFAIK she should be put on some de-radicalization programme, in reality the money won't be available so she'll just rot for a few years and come out bitter and angry. Go UK.

More likely is they'll make at least one attempt to "turn" her. As someone who's had a lot of publicity, ISIS wouldn't let her near any prime intelligence, but even an asset just repeating chatter, is an asset that helps firm up that chatter.

From what I've read, she came back because conditions out there were shit (she couldn't hack being bombed and living without running water) not because she had some ideological change of mind.

She took her child to eventually fight and probably die for ISIS.

Fuck her.

Last edited:
she deserves nothing, she is just as much a part of IS as the cunts who decapitate peple with kitchen knives or burn others alive in cages.
The sentence for membership of the IRA is usually along the same lines - four years or so. But that's for people caught as current, active members. She had left. She effectively resigned membership - IS doesn't, afaik, have formal membership processes like the IRA, so she informally joined then informally left.

The sentence for membership of the IRA is usually along the same lines - four years or so. But that's for people caught as current, active members. She had left. She effectively resigned membership - IS doesn't, afaik, have formal membership processes like the IRA, so she informally joined then informally left.

An informal member of IS recently:

_88001575_tareena_shakil.jpg

From what I've read, she came back because conditions out there were shit (she couldn't hack being bombed and living without running water) not because she had some ideological change of mind.
Not what is reported here.

In the witness box she gave an extraordinary account of her time in Raqqa and claimed she managed to escape after becoming disillusioned and frightened, running across the border with her young son.

What's your source?

An informal member of IS recently:
I wasn't meaning to lessen it by saying that, merely being accurate - she left voluntarily. I can't find equivalents for former members of the IRA who left without directly committing any terrorist offence. I'm guessing the reason I can't find them is that they are not prosecuted.

I wasn't meaning to lessen it by saying that, merely being accurate - she left voluntarily. I can't find equivalents for former members of the IRA who left without directly committing any terrorist offence. I'm guessing the reason I can't find them is that they are not prosecuted.

I would guess that is because they co-operated with the British State, had they not I would imagine they could expect to be nutted pretty quickly.

She left but had taken part in properganda for is and was dishonest about why and how she came back

Unless your under 18 when you run off to syria theres no excuse so dont deserve to be called a victim idiot maybe

It's not a straightforward case of her doing time,and then "she's paid her debt to society". Blair-era legal changes mean that once she's done her time (if given any) she'll be put on a short leash, probably with communications restrictions and surveillance, until the intelligence people are satisfied she's not active.

More likely is they'll make at least one attempt to "turn" her. As someone who's had a lot of publicity, ISIS wouldn't let her near any prime intelligence, but even an asset just repeating chatter, is an asset that helps firm up that chatter.

i doubt it will take much to turn her, ditching IS because it was too uncomfortable is not the mark of one ideologicaly commited to them - she'll blab to get those few home comforts, and she'll probably nurse a greivance against IS for, as she'll see it, letting her down. nothing like someone nursing a greivance...

i also doubt that anyone within the IS-fanclub will trust a word she says - she is very, very alone in the world.

I think IS dish out cards....

Jailing her sends out a reallygood message to any others out there who have realised they have made a big mistake and want out.
Come back and be jailed.
Surely tagging and curtailment of freedom of movement would have been more sensible?
Being jailed for doing something stupid?

Back
Top Bottom