Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shrinkflation watch

Standard (sold singly) Mars bar weighs 53g. Big “sharing” bag Doritos 173g (170g net).

Someone check these in a few years time?

Has anyone got a tube of Pringles they can weigh? That feels like one they might shrink surreptitiously.
there is definitely two different sizes of Pringles tube now. a smaller one that is more like the old price, while the larger aka normal one has edged up and up. sometimes you can't even see at first glance due to shelf placement that one is smaller so you think it's a bargain... cheeky fuckers.

Then there's all the skimpflation going on where corporate manufacturers whittle away that the quality, expensive ingredients in a product and pad out with cheap shite. You're not alone in thinking Colman's mustard was stronger and less salty when you were a kid; it's proper shite now. Also noticed my Aldi "Bramwell's" 'Real' Mayo now, suddenly has less egg yolk in it...probably the same amount of egg, but not the yolk.

Radox shower gel is now in a standing bottle - but only 125ml compared to the 150ml for the hanging bottle.

[not sure if there's been a price reduction to match, but I doubt it, I tend to get some of our supplies form the cheap / pound shops - used to be two for a pound]

Radox shower gel is now in a standing bottle - but only 125ml compared to the 150ml for the hanging bottle.

[not sure if there's been a price reduction to match, but I doubt it, I tend to get some of our supplies form the cheap / pound shops - used to be two for a pound]
I have noticed often recently they don't have the right coloured lid as well. also 'New formula!' - which probably means an ingredient got too expensive/hard to get.

Then there's all the skimpflation going on where corporate manufacturers whittle away that the quality, expensive ingredients in a product and pad out with cheap shite. You're not alone in thinking Colman's mustard was stronger and less salty when you were a kid; it's proper shite now. Also noticed my Aldi "Bramwell's" 'Real' Mayo now, suddenly has less egg yolk in it...probably the same amount of egg, but not the yolk.

My dad used to cut out and keep the ingredients lists from the packaging of his favourite items, it was quite revealing over the years.

Noticed at Morrisons that lurpack has come down in price from a fiver to £3.75 but that's for a new 400g pack that's otherwise identical to the old 500g.

I very nearly fell for it, but put it back when I clocked it.

Noticed at Morrisons that lurpack has come down in price from a fiver to £3.75 but that's for a new 400g pack that's otherwise identical to the old 500g.

I very nearly fell for it, but put it back when I clocked it.

I ended up buying a massive tub or Lurpack in the Iceland section of The Range for like £6 the other day. Its ridic but felt about as much 'value' for money as you can get with Lurpack nowadays.

Annoying as cakes and bakes often require >200g of butter and if you don't notice when you're buying could end up short.
This just happened to me :mad: Usually use cheap own brand butter for baking but they only sell Anchor (or a locally produced one that's too salty for baking) in the village shop.

I ended up buying a massive tub or Lurpack in the Iceland section of The Range for like £6 the other day. Its ridic but felt about as much 'value' for money as you can get with Lurpack nowadays.
Add that to butter in tubs already having a high water content plus vegetable oils they add to make it more "spreadable". On average spreadable butter contains about 30% less butter than non-spreadable.

This is the sort of thing worth standing as a loon candidate at a by-election for, isn’t it? Barry Dogscoffer, Stop Fucking Making Our Chocolate Bars Smaller Party, 17 votes.

I mean fuck these cunts. Fuck the man. And make crème eggs with proper chocolate again too.

Brand-name painkillers are a fucking swindle in any case. All you're paying extra for is fancy packaging. Why bother when you can buy own-brand medicines of the same dosage for a couple of quid?
Don't forget all the pushy advertising campaigns that have to be paid for - both the salary of fancy executives & developers {who do the actual work for a pittance} plus the costs of prime time advertising and the people who "sell" those slots.

Back
Top Bottom