Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

• Total voters
zxspectrum seen doing home improvements yesterday...

BA_0906-04_P.jpg

christ, you're being an idiot on this - the proposal has nothing to do with hunting, or bringing laws into line, its a call-out device to trap the SNP - and catch Labour with its head in its arse - into forcing the government into bringing forward the EVEL bill. the SNP - and Labour - have obliged. and now, oh look, the government is bringing forward the EVEL bill in its place, and with the 59 Scottish MP's out of the picture, the government will have a majority, not just for the fudge of using dogs to flush foxes, but to repeal the original bill entirely.

clap. clap. clap.

no, thats not quite the case.

there is, in the tory parliamentary party, overwhelming support for some form of EVEL. however, there is within that a minority view that the govt should be both careful how its framed and seek a cross party - including the SNP - solution to EVEL. this minority groups view, which has adherents at the top end of the tory government, derives a great deal of its power/influence from the previous, but longstanding SNP position whereby the SNP did not vote in E/W matters that are devolved in Scotland.

now that position - a very principled view in my opinion - has been cast aside the minority, though powerful one, arguing for a much more considered concensus policy which takes into account the SG's concerns on a number of 'crossover' issues, has lost a great deal of its influence. the EVEL bill that goes through will therefore be a harsher, more black-and-white act which the SNP will like less than the one that might othewise have been achieved.

for nothing.

In a bid to get this thread back on topic, Cameron is now going to postpone the vote after the SNP announcing its voting intention :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33520547
Why the flying fuck did the SNP announce their voting intention on the Hunting Bill? Why didn't they keep silent and then vote the bill down? Grandstanding much? They just walked into that fucking big hole that the vermin had prepared for them.

Why the flying fuck did the SNP announce their voting intention on the Hunting Bill? Why didn't they keep silent and then vote the bill down? Grandstanding much? They just walked into that fucking big hole that the vermin had prepared for them.
What difference would it have made? If they had kept silent and voted the tories would still call for EVEL

EVEL; the SNP have still not voted on English only laws...

Probably needed a winky face or something. I've heard 'plants have feelings too' so many times as a real argument that I can't tell when people are joking anymore. :/

Truth is though, that while they are highly unlikely to have emotions, we know from bio-feedback experiments that they experience a version of "shock" when picked. What we DON'T know is what the hell that means beyond "plants react to being harvested".

A fine pair of handmade leather shoes has yet to be bettered.

I agree, but part of what makes those shoes so great to wear, is that they're hand-made, and the shoe-maker/cordwainer has moulded to leather to lasts of your feet, rather than solely because leather has such fantastic qualities.

I agree, but part of what makes those shoes so great to wear, is that they're hand-made, and the shoe-maker/cordwainer has moulded to leather to lasts of your feet, rather than solely because leather has such fantastic qualities.
Nah, I've yet to see a leather substitute that looks as good, is as hard wearing, still looks good years and years later or even smells as good :D

Truth is though, that while they are highly unlikely to have emotions, we know from bio-feedback experiments that they experience a version of "shock" when picked. What we DON'T know is what the hell that means beyond "plants react to being harvested".

And tomatoes scream when tossed in to boiling water.

Or is that lobsters?

Dont give a fuck. Fox hunting ppl are perverts though. Need watching IMO.

Of course they're perverts!

Ritual clothing. Check!
Ritual behaviour. Check!
Sense of sexual excitement from wearing ritual clothing and engaging in ritual behaviour. Check!

You could survive on cabbage, artichokes, beans, and tofu.

You choose not to, yet you condemn those who kill the animals that you eat.

wank.gif

If you did choose to survive on those specific foodstuffs, you'd probably stink of flatulence, and be accompanied everywhere by a farty miasma. :)

Are you saying that the SNP have achieved their objective of postponing the bill without having had to vote on an EVEL issue? Otherwise I'm not sure that I understand your post.

EVEL is/was going to happen anyway. What the SNP achieved yesterday is stopping Cameron changing the English foxhunting law for now without actually voting on an English law, which stops Cameron from having so much authority to come in ultra hard on the issue.

Plus it gave the tory scum a bloody nose and a timely reminder that they can't just do what the fuck they like, which is a GOOD THING.

EVEL is/was going to happen anyway. What the SNP achieved yesterday is stopping Cameron changing the English foxhunting law for now without actually voting on an English law, which stops Cameron from having so much authority to come in ultra hard on the issue.

Plus it gave the tory scum a bloody nose and a timely reminder that they can't just do what the fuck they like, which is a GOOD THING.

I follow you. :)

No, for the same reason we don't decriminalise dog fighting or bear baiting or whatever other bloodthirsty activities our ancestors participated in.
Yes, provided those in favour are dosed in 'eau de fox' and have the dogs set on them before the vote takes place. ;)

From what I can deduce about your cooking skills you eat to survive.

I eat for mostly pleasure, rarely do I eat exclusively for survival.
'rarely'? That I doubt.

You might also eat for pleasure, but I doubt you eat for survival any less than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom