Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

Should the fox hunting ban be lifted?

• Total voters
Wankers

ffs.

Sadly, not the only victim recently - I believe I'm right in saying that so far this season, several 'hound packs have "rioted" onto various pets, sheep and deer, as well as on foxes seeking shelter in gardens during so-called "trail" hunts.
Despite the best intervention of sabs, in a number of cases.

Somehow I can't see this working, it fails at the very first hurdle.
Someone doesn't choose to be black or gay whereas clearly foxhunting is a choice where you can change your mind whenever you feel like it.
Whilst I think this attempt is doomed to failure, I can't see an outright enforced ban happening either though. I don't think most people care that much about it either way.

Well, I never.

They tried this argument under the Human Rights Act and the European Convention of Human Rights back in the 2000s. It was unanymously dismissed in every English and Scottish court (including the then House of Lords) and the European Court of Human Rights.

This hunt man from Tynedale sprayed a hunt monitor in the face with citronella.

"Judy and another volunteer were monitoring Tynedale Hunt. Judy was on a public footpath [alone as our other volunteer was in a different position] and filming when a fox ran past her, with the hounds in cry a few minutes behind. Judy covered the fox scent with citronella and then rated the hounds back when they appeared. The terrier man, who was masked at the time, rode over to her, on his quad, accompanied by 4 other masked men. He jumped from his quad angrily and acted aggressively and threateningly. He snatched her bottle of citronella and spayed her in the face with it. Bearing in mind this was a lone middle-aged woman who did not act in any way aggressive or confrontational, surrounded by masked men.”

He was found guilty of assault with battery and fined £1,500.

In the last few weeks alone, Protect the Wild has reported on these convictions:

Hunt terrierman guilty of assault after spraying monitor in face with citronella - Protect the Wild

Last edited:
This hunt man from Tyneside sprayed a hunt monitor in the face with citronella.

"Judy and another volunteer were monitoring Tynedale Hunt. Judy was on a public footpath [alone as our other volunteer was in a different position] and filming when a fox ran past her, with the hounds in cry a few minutes behind. Judy covered the fox scent with citronella and then rated the hounds back when they appeared. The terrier man, who was masked at the time, rode over to her, on his quad, accompanied by 4 other masked men. He jumped from his quad angrily and acted aggressively and threateningly. He snatched her bottle of citronella and spayed her in the face with it. Bearing in mind this was a lone middle-aged woman who did not act in any way aggressive or confrontational, surrounded by masked men.”

He was found guilty of assault with battery and fined £1,500.

Hunt terrierman guilty of assault after spraying monitor in face with citronella - Protect the Wild
Tynedale are one of the mobs that terrorise wildlife / pets not far from where I live.
They & their terriermen have a bad reputation !

It seems that the MOD will not be issuing trail-hunting smokescreen licences for 2024/5 ...

If that link doesn't work. I can summarise that the HSA asked -under FOI - how many licences the MOD had issued ...
there were eleven licences requested and zero were granted.

Might have "something" to do with the change in Political control from Ben Wallace to John Healey.

It seems that the MOD will not be issuing trail-hunting smokescreen licences for 2024/5 ...

If that link doesn't work. I can summarise that the HSA asked -under FOI - how many licences the MOD had issued ...
there were eleven licences requested and zero were granted.

Might have "something" to do with the change in Political control from Ben Wallace to John Healey.

Trail hunting banned on MoD land
Trail hunting banned on National Trust land
Trail hunting banned in Scotland
Labour Manifesto commitment to ban trail hunting in England and Wales.

The walls are closing in on these fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom