Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should Cadburys remain British, does it matter?

From their own website
Green & Black's Privacy Notice

Green & Black’s online shop is operated by Hemingways Marketing Services Limited on behalf of Mondelez International

At Mondelēz International, we value your trust when sharing your personal data with us and recognise that you may be concerned about the information provided to us and about how we handle that information. This Privacy Notice sets out (in full transparency and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- "GDPR"), the basis on which we process your Personal Data ("Personal Data") when you access our Sites or contact us.

Danny, Easter is not far away and for many people it is nothing to do with religion and all about chocolate eggs. So, just a quick reminder to people about the source of thier eggs.
In case they don't want to buy chocolate sourced via child labour and companies that don't give a toss about their work force there are plenty of alternatives available.

Danny, Easter is not far away and for many people it is nothing to do with religion and all about chocolate eggs. So, just a quick reminder to people about the source of thier eggs.
In case they don't want to buy chocolate sourced via child labour and companies that don't give a toss about their work force there are plenty of alternatives available.
OK, Green & Blacks no good. I knew that, though. What’s new?

While we’re on the subject of chocolate...and posters who disappeared...what ever happened to the chap who was heavily promoting Brixton’s Chocolate Museum a few years ago? Did anyone ever visit?

While we’re on the subject of chocolate...and posters who disappeared...what ever happened to the chap who was heavily promoting Brixton’s Chocolate Museum a few years ago? Did anyone ever visit?
I hadn't heard of it before. Just had a look at the website. They don't seem to be particularly fussed about diversity. Makes me think: nah; I can't be bothered with you, either. I mean, I wouldn't have been especially interested anyway, but that's really rubbish.

I'm in the market for some eggs, whose should I go for?
There are sooo many British chocolate places and many will make aggs. Not eggs I know but British, very local and a worthwhile charity?

Meant to say that it's always the same with these multinationals for all their Ethical Trading Initiatives they all operate through local subsidiaries in faraway places and the local subsidiaries subcontract the work again so there is no possibility of bringing a halt to child labour or promoting safe ways of working.It will never change.😞

after three months i gave up waiting for a response like this. you're more tenacious than i thought.
Still on the look out for new British chocolate ( and British produce gererally ) to try, especially with Easter coming up and I will need to get an egg or two delivered.
I have not tried chocolate from every British chocolatier but I am working on it. Simply search British Chocolatier and loads of
manufacturers will appear ..... Best of British-Made Chocolate Brands | Best UK Confectionery

calling izz & Serene ;)

Still on the look out for new British chocolate ( and British produce gererally ) to try, especially with Easter coming up and I will need to get an egg or two delivered.
I have not tried chocolate from every British chocolatier but I am working on it. Simply search British Chocolatier and loads of
manufacturers will appear ..... Best of British-Made Chocolate Brands | Best UK Confectionery

calling izz & Serene ;)
Well ! I can heartily recommend Front Page - Popachoc but they are not cheap, superb quality though. I've invested in a Moser Roth egg from Aldi for Easter and damn the fact it's forrin :D

ALICE-salted-caramel-chocolate-salami-chocolate-sustainable-chocolate-popachoc-somerset.jpg

Chocolate salami - hmmm must try

Well ! I can heartily recommend Front Page - Popachoc but they are not cheap, superb quality though. I've invested in a Moser Roth egg from Aldi for Easter and damn the fact it's forrin :D
£25 for an advent calendar in February? :eek:

I knew I'd moved into a posh neighbourhood when I went into the local co-op for the first time to see a young child wandering round with advent calendar.
"Mummy can I have this kitkat advent calendar?" (£3.50)
"Oh no darling get the Lindor one, the chocolate is so much nicer" (£9)

£25 for an advent calendar in February? :eek:

I knew I'd moved into a posh neighbourhood when I went into the local co-op for the first time to see a young child wandering round with advent calendar.
"Mummy can I have this kitkat advent calendar?" (£3.50)
"Oh no darling get the Lindor one, the chocolate is so much nicer" (£9)
Quite right for wrong reasons - NEVER touch Nestles.

Back
Top Bottom