Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

Problem is islamic militarisms goals are impossible for anyone to deliver or negociate with a peace deal with israel is at least possible in theory though highly unlikely at the moment.

I seriously recommend Curtis' Secret Affairs on this subject, absolutely essential reading for understanding British foreign policy and also the contemporary Middle-East.
Good book. Plenty of stuff you won't see in Downton does partition.

s-e074cb3a21d5d8d0cc817b47369e36f3bd4e46cd.jpg

And that was ISIS was it?

Mind you, that person who stood against Corbyn last year suggested we do just that.

You can't negotiate with people who behead even other muslims who don't conform to their exact views.

This rubbish should have been nipped in the bud. If it had been they wouldnt have been able to take control of the lands now being liberated at a terrible human cost.

Because if they hate other muslims so much imagine what they must feel about people who aren't muslim at all. You can't make peace with people that want to kill you because they hate you. Any policy that isn't aimed at pushing them back will enable them to do more harm.
Yeh cos that's always worked before :facepalm:

It was fairly competant when we left but the iraqi pm gutted it of anyome who wasnt a million% loyal to him which rather wrecked.

Saddams army was the gold standard for military incompetence when you lose an armoured division to light infantry i.e.you have tanks they dont in a desert which is perfect tank country something is seriously wong.

You can't negotiate with people who behead even other muslims who don't conform to their excact views.

Yes you can. The UK not only deals with but actively supports the regime in Saudi Arabia, a regime that carries out ISIS style atrocities on a daily basis. The question should be not whether we can or can't deal with ISIS and like minded groups but whether we should and my answer to that is a resounding no. And even if you wanted to negotiate with such an organisation, you can't for the simple reason that ISIS themselves have stated numerous times that they do not negotiate as a matter of principle. For them, that principle is both a political and religious absolute that they cannot compromise on for if they did they would lose their raison d'etre.

Yes you can. The UK not only deals with but actively supports the regime in Saudi Arabia, a regime that carries out ISIS style atrocities on a daily basis. The question should be not whether we can or can't deal with ISIS and like minded groups but whether we should and my answer to that is a resounding no. And even if you wanted to negotiate with such an organisation, you can't for the simple reason that ISIS themselves have stated numerous times that they do not negotiate as a matter of principle. For them, that principle is both a political and religious absolute that they cannot compromise on for if they did they would lose their raison d'etre.

Their reason for not negotiating is exactly the attitude I was describing as the reason they couldnt be negotiated with.

True but as I said, even if they offered to negotiate I would oppose such a move as they are beyond the pale, both politically and morally. I would oppose dealing with them as I would oppose us dealing with the Third Reich.

True but as I said, even if they offered to negotiate I would oppose such a move as they are beyond the
pale, both politically and morally. I would oppose dealing with them as I would oppose us dealing with the Third Reich.

Precisley.

True but as I said, even if they offered to negotiate I would oppose such a move as they are beyond the pale, both politically and morally. I would oppose dealing with them as I would oppose us dealing with the Third Reich.

And yet throughout modern history states - including this one -have done just that. They've dealt with groups that were both politically and morally beyond the pale, including the Third Reich.

Back
Top Bottom