Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

And maybe about photographers and editors. How many non muslims walked past without it being documented?

Probably plenty but this one was picked up for obvious reasons, the photographer actually signed a statement which provided context which surprisingly enough wasn't 'woman in hijab actually happy/not bothered about terrorist attack carnage two steps behind her'.

Probably plenty but this one was picked up for obvious reasons, the photographer actually signed a statement which provided context which surprisingly enough wasn't 'woman in hijab actually happy/not bothered about terrorist attack carnage two steps behind her'.

A statement. When a picture is worth 1,000 words. Too little, too late. As if they didn't know the purpose to which that image would be put (and, thereby, its market value).

Are you seriously suggesting we should even consider negotiating with ISIS or organisations like it?
No, just the idea that it is impossible for people to negotiate with them when they have negotiated with other groups in the past. I hold their self proclaimed objection to negotiation with the same seriousness as statements by various governments that they do not negotiate with terrorists.

A statement. When a picture is worth 1,000 words. Too little, too late. As if they didn't know the purpose to which that image would be put (and, thereby, its market value).

Sounds like you are making a huge and inaccurate assumption to me

Do you believe that all "Not in my name" campaigns are politically wrong? And should therefore be avoided?

That the idea coming from one group, expecting another to participate or show some kind of not in my name activity is a construct of the right and not a natural reaction?

I understand your point about collective responsibility talk and agree now. I don't think it is a construct of the right but more a natural reaction as I have seen it manifest itself in very unpoliticized people I know. I think we also need to examine our own reaction/emotion on seeing the photo of the women on the bridge. Why did we feel that it was heartwarming?

Home - Not In My Name

. I think we also need to examine our own reaction/emotion on seeing the photo of the women on the bridge. Why did we feel that it was heartwarming?

I didn't think it was heartwarming at all - quite the opposite. It smacks of bullying, they've been forced into being there because they're told otherwise it's their fault. It's nothing to do with them. This whole 'you must condemn xxx otherwise you support it' attitude can fuck off, along with the similar attitude that everyone on telly must wear a poppy from the start of October. Mob rule can cunt off.

I didn't think it was heartwarming at all - quite the opposite. It smacks of bullying, they've been forced into being there because they're told otherwise it's their fault. It's nothing to do with them. This whole 'you must condemn xxx otherwise you support it' attitude can fuck off, along with the similar attitude that everyone on telly must wear a poppy from the start of October. Mob rule can cunt off.

Is that what they said when you asked them?

Back
Top Bottom