Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

Point is they didn't save the lives of those who died. Which is what I wrote.
And which is an utterly incoherent position unless you're going to argue for complete pacifism.

There will always be the possibility of civilian deaths when using violence (either by governments or non-government groups). To argue that there is an equivalence between those that seek to maximise those deaths and those that seek to reduce/minimise them is just crap.

And which is an utterly incoherent position unless you're going to argue for complete pacifism.

There will always be the possibility of civilian deaths when using violence (either by governments or non-government groups). To argue that there is an equivalence between those that seek to maximise those deaths and those that seek to reduce/minimise them is just crap.

And that's not even taking into account aims. It's like saying that there's a moral equivalence between the ANC planting bombs in apartheid South Africa and Timothy McVeigh.

Hmmm... maximise and minimise argument being used given some of the IRA targets?

Also, you clearly haven't read or have chosen to skim my posts because if you hadn't you;d have read this....

Which also presents a existential/theoretical dilemma for me...come the 'revolution' when urban routinely will use the idea of putting others up against the wall for x, y or z reason... who will be pulling the 'trigger'? I have certainly met or come across a few that left me imagining I could/would.

Who gets to decide who is innocent is my point? I wonder if and where our boundaries differ.

Inappropriate Language
Judging by your posts any attempt you make at extended writing will just be a longer streak of turgid shit dressed up to in fancy words to hide it's absence of substance.

With such an opinion you simply reinforce and make clear your suitability to issue books. This is likely to remain your fundamental relationship to books. A window licker - nothing more.

;):D

Hmmm... maximise and minimise argument being used given some of the IRA targets?

Also, you clearly haven't read or have chosen to skim my posts because if you hadn't you;d have read this....

Who gets to decide who is innocent is my point? I wonder if and where our boundaries differ.

In the context of war it's non combatants.

With such an opinion you simply reinforce and make clear your suitability to issue books. This is likely to remain your fundamental relationship to books. A window licker - nothing more.

;):D
Yeh. But it's not my relationship to books, it's only what you think my relationship to books is. You couldn't cut it as a window licker or even a boot licker

We all decide. But we have to make a decision. To pretend that all killings are equally bad is nonsense.

In the context of war it's non combatants.

Enniskillen? For example? I'm using this example given you did the nonsense thing of comparing to the IRA.:confused:

How are we even having this conversation?

ETA:
I don't think it's useful to compare the people killed in this way, it feels like we are moving towards terms like 'collateral damage'. Writing some killings of non-combatants off as justified or expected.

For me the focus needs to be on the reason behind these attacks and as such yes, compare away as to whether or not this one or that one has a legitimate gripe or is engaged in 'war'.

What isn't on IMO is to create a hierarchy of which group/individual was/is somehow better by inferring it is better to have been killed by X group. That's nonsense.

I'm not interested in continuing this conversation further either. I am happy to disagree. Sorry to everyone else for the derail.

Last edited:
TELEMMGLPICT000124182562-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpeg

What the fuck was he supposed to do? Wave a machete around? Dreadful journalism.

Sadness in his eyes.

The ira had a goal and leadership.

Assorted sucide attackers have no leadership and goals are a bit vauge outside killing infidels

Complete shit and utter moron his colleague bragged on social media that they were brought over to Ireland to film a piece for the rebel. And he has ties to Tommy Robinson.

Apparently they didn't cop on that letting us tie both the American Fundamentalist Anti Abortion lobby to the British Far right, and youth defence, might not be a combination that would go down well in Ireland.

Anway wayyy too much of a tangent.
Clongowes or Belvedere?

The ira had a goal and leadership.

Assorted sucide attackers have no leadership and goals are a bit vauge outside killing infidels
I see a very definite connection. Foreign occupiers. Land to be liberated. A war of terror to be taken to the lands of the occupiers, not kept isolated within the occupied territories themselves, although plenty of it there, most of it there.

To understand the existence, and attraction, of ISIS, one has to look at the sorry sequence of events since the invasion of Iraq.

I see a very definite connection. Foreign occupiers. Land to be liberated. A war of terror to be taken to the lands of the occupiers, not kept isolated within the occupied territories themselves, although plenty of it there, most of it there.

To understand the existence, and attraction, of ISIS, one has to look at the sorry sequence of events since the invasion of Iraq.
Yeh. If you ignore centuries of Irish rebellions and Irish constitutionalism

If you ignore the land war, the economic war, the tan war and so on

If you ignore the political and historical context, yeh there's a very definite connection

I am not sure how true that is, though whether IS would have come about without the invasion and corralling of them all in the US-led prison system is another matter. Takfiri groups are invariably forces of reaction, not of revolution or liberation.

Back
Top Bottom