Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

Farage chipping in now - from the Guardian Live feed -

Nigel Farage has appeared twice on US television already, today arguing that the London attacks prove Donald Trump is right on hardline immigration and anti-Muslim policy.

“It seems to me our political leaders really ought to start saying sorry,” the former Ukip leader told Tucker Carlson on Fox News on Thursday morning.

And Katie Hopkins (bless her) -

He wasn’t the only hardline conservative to appear in the US media. the Daily Mail columnist Katie Hopkins also turned up on Carlson’s Fox show, echoing Farage’s xenophobic rhetoric.

"We’re a country that spends so much time tiptoeing around the cultures that refuse to join us and not enough time defending the culture they’ve chosen to join, but because I say those things I am widely hated for those views. People are cowed, people are afraid and people are not united."

Farage is right, all people from Kent should be pushed in to the sea. Starting with Farage. In fact, you can end once he's been done.

Nice response. State something. Get corrected. Insist you're right. Get proved you're wrong. Call the person a pedant. :rolleyes:
I thought it was perfectly adequate. To the hitherto uneducated Joe public (me) who doesn't know a great deal about guns in general, they look like machine guns and indeed a variant of them actually is. I now know they actually are not for which I am grateful but I fail to see why you think an apology is required for what was in effect a genuine mistake.

Last edited:
the Police always seem to be packing much whizzier looking bang-bangs and robo-gear to wander around Heathrow with than squaddies get given to patrol the meanest bits of Iraq-Afghanistan...is it cos they've got a better union...

part of the reason why the police look like they have covered themselves in glue and rolled around in the latest gear:D
is deliberate so they look as intimidating as fuck and people dont even try to shoot it outwith them.
That or they are total gear whores who never have to walk more than a mile and have nobody in the chain of command who knows enough to call them on their idiocy:D

I have just seen two carloads of armed OB pull a car over right outside my flat. Machine guns and all. Maybe something to do with this?

London attack: Police activity understood to be in Wales - BBC News

helicopter around too
There were some goings-on in Pembrokeshire, with police sealing off a road (and the Cleddau Bridge) in one direction. No idea what it was about, though...

ETA: and no mention whatsoever of it in the local traffic reports :hmm: *watches out for black helicopters*

Last edited:
BBC reporting that the police have named the assailant as Khalid Masood, a 52 year old man born in Kent, living in the West Midlands. Had previous convictions for criminal damage, possession of a knife. No previous terrorist convictions.

Big liberal sighs of relief all round.

Back
Top Bottom