Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

The MP5 - the 9mm semi-automatic carbine that caused such excitement when it first fell into police hands in the early 1980's - is on its way out.

Not powerful enough - when it came out the idea was to use low powered ammunition that wouldn't ricochet off everything for days on end killing civpop who were unlucky enough to be around, however the world moves on, and the 9mm is crap at penetrating body armour and cars. Most Police forces use military rifles these days - the German G36 rifle being quite popular...

The MP5 - the 9mm semi-automatic carbine that caused such excitement when it first fell into police hands in the early 1980's - is on its way out.

Not powerful enough - when it came out the idea was to use low powered ammunition that wouldn't ricochet off everything for days on end killing civpop who were unlucky enough to be around, however the world moves on, and the 9mm is crap at penetrating body armour and cars. Most Police forces use military rifles these days - the German G36 rifle being quite popular...

Home Office police forces use a semi-automatic variant of it, though.

Well, she quite obviously pulled it out of her arse. And this idiot was an MP!

a crap one who was never in her constituency and bailed triggering a bye-election so she could move to americaland where right wing bile with an english posh accent gets treated as sage wisdom

If it's not black powder it's for pussies. I'd even be for the police being armed if they were obliged to carry muskets. And possibly dress like Sharpe's Chosen Men. Only not as well, obviously, because they're police and don't deserve it.

which they are now trying to replace as allegedly doesnt do so well in extended gun battles.
even though the uk polices last extended gun battle was 1911:hmm:.
Sussex police has silenced submachine guns the snubby mp5k that can be worn in a shoulder holster for covert wear if you want to look like somebody carrying a sub machine gun in a shoulder holster:rolleyes::).

Copper who showed us the armoury wasn't actually sure why they had half the kit best bets either HK did them a really good deal;) the sales woman had a really short skirt on.:D
or the home office gave them a large grant told them to go by HK kit and hk filled the shopping basket:D.

The relaxed posture, the sand and water butt suggest less a machine gun but rather some 1930s seaside tea-making machine. I swear there's a large picnic hamper just out of view.

you can make tea with a vickers gun as its water cooled I imagine its fairly foul being flavored with asbestos and gun oil but as one veteran said to somebody who thought that was a myth you werent in the tenches were you?

you can make tea with a vickers gun as its water cooled I imagine its fairly foul being flavored with asbestos and gun oil but as one veteran said to somebody who thought that was a myth you werent in the tenches were you?

Probably better than the stuff that comes out of those machines at service stations.
My dad was in the army in kenya (just after the war) and he says they had to make tea with hot water from the truck radiator.

Back
Top Bottom