Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shayler - talk in Brixton - Wed. 2nd Nov.

bristol_citizen said:
www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/
"In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Most users ever online was 15"

Look at that "truth movement" roll!

I wonder how many people went to Shayler's tinfoil fest last night....

I voted Green last General Election, for the first time. This was in Peckham -- Mr Ingrams lost his deposit :(

I'm sure Matt and TeeJay (and perhaps Shane too, if he sees this) are capable of understanding that if any Green candidates where I am start getting involved in drivelsome lunacy about '9/11' they will almost certainly lose my vote

And that of almost all sane and rational, non paraniac Green sympathisers, anywhere where this tosh gets spouted.

Resist the embrace of conspirabollocks-laden spooks ...

editor said:
I wonder how many people went to Shayler's tinfoil fest last night....
I just spoke to Shane and he said 30-plus people or so, which is about right for the Vida Walsh centre which IIRC has a maximum capacity of about 40 or so. I asked what the talk was like and he just said "very interesting".

WoW - I understand what you are saying, I don't like 9-11 conspiracy theories either. At the end of the day however, I will vote based on the policies contained in a manifesto (plus what I think about the candidate's integrity and ability to pursue these policies). I don't really see any chance that GP manifestos will contain any polcies related to 9-11 conspiracies.

It is unlikely I will ever be faced with a perfect match for all my beliefs. It is more usual to have to choose the "least worst option" - the one which is closest to what I believe rather than something I agree with 100%. The only way this could be different is if you stood as a candidate yourself and also happened to be in 100% agreement with the party (if any) that you were standing for.

TeeJay said:
I just spoke to Shane and he said 30-plus people or so, which is about right for the Vida Walsh centre which IIRC has a maximum capacity of about 40 or so.
So the big guest star revealing big secrets followed by a film unveiling the biggest conspiracy the world has ever known couldn't even fill the place?

editor said:
if you knew anything about football and Cardiff City's away reputation, you'd know that the police tend to turn out in force, and with the (perceived) increased danger of trouble, arriving fans are far more likely to searched as they enter the ground and in the surrounding area.

I hate doing this, but re Cardiff the Editor has a point--see the hatchet job done on the Soul Crew involving Jason Gwynne/Darren Wells transmitted 12/5/02 referenced NFB 6 p.18 for example...

editor said:
So the big guest star revealing big secrets followed by a film unveiling the biggest conspiracy the world has ever known couldn't even fill the place?
I get the impression that the turn-out was 'reasonable'.

I try and separate out my dislike/distaste for 9-11 "truth" from:

1. Supporting a friend who has organised a free public talk.
2. Assessing if the turn out at an event was ok or not.

Just like I don't usually like every record a DJ plays at a club night, don't like every view expressed on a forum, don't approve of all the behaviour of all my friends, don't find every joke told by a stand-up funny - I don't always agree with everything that Green Party or other 'liberal/left/progressive' people come out with or do.

However, rather than sneering at them and slagging them off I try and set out why I disagree and engage in some kind of debate and argument.

If they get support for what they say or do - or if they get lots of votes in an election (for example Respect in Bethnal Green) I am prepare to congratulate them and acknowledge the fact rather than be sour about it.

I know that you are sick of 9-11 threads here on u75 - so am I, and I supported banning them. But this came after a long debate on these boards. There are many people amongst the general public who have never seen this debate, have never heard the arguments on each side and aren't at the same stage of being pissed off with the whole 'debate'. Long-term posters here have had the 'priviledge' of having been through all this, and you didn't ban the threads before this had been extensively played out.

So I would argue that you allowed a long period of debate and arguement which was useful as it showed up a lot of the claims as rubbish: allowing this debate was a good thing.

But many people haven't engaged in this debate and don't read these boards. I'd argue that allowing and tolerating the 'debate' - even if only to oppose it and debunk it - is still a "good thing" (although not obviously on u75).

TeeJay said:
But many people haven't engaged in this debate and don't read these boards. I'd argue that allowing and tolerating the 'debate' - even if only to oppose it and debunk it - is still a "good thing" (although not obviously on u75).
Trouble was, there was no-one booked to argue against the massed conspiraloonery line up, so it just appeared like a Green Party-endorsed Feast Of Tinfoil Tosh.

Larry O'Hara said:
I hate doing this, but re Cardiff the Editor has a point--see the hatchet job done on the Soul Crew involving Jason Gwynne/Darren Wells transmitted 12/5/02 referenced NFB 6 p.18 for example...
Why do you "hate" backing up a fact of mine?

:confused:

Larry O'Hara said:
Foreknowledge by elements of the US security apparatus re 9/11 I can certainly envisage--but its a long way from that to saying they organised 9/11 themselves.

Michael Meacher's most recent 9/11 related interview

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2005/110805jonesinlondon.htm

Now Michael Meacher is very careful not to talk of conspiracies, but he does raise v valid questions and on the back of this he has demanded a further investigation.

It is this call for full disclosure and a further independent investigation that unites 9/11 truth campaigners including the US and Icelandic green party. Now who can disagree with such a demand?

sparticus said:
It is this call for full disclosure and a further independent investigation that unites 9/11 truth campaigners including the US and Icelandic green party. Now who can disagree with such a demand?
With the full might of the Icelandic green party behind it, who indeed?

sparticus said:
It is this call for full disclosure and a further independent investigation that unites 9/11 truth campaigners including the US and Icelandic green party.
I for one am not "united" with people who think that the planes that hit the WTC were remote controlled (or any other James Bond theory). Neither am I "united" with people dabbling in anti-semitism.
Sorry about that.

TeeJay said:
At the end of the day however, I will vote based on the policies contained in a manifesto (plus what I think about the candidate's integrity and ability to pursue these policies). I don't really see any chance that GP manifestos will contain any polcies related to 9-11 conspiracies.

So Bristol Green Party Candidate says verbatim (my italics):

1. The government's assertion that the so-called hijackers operated without being detected by official surveillance is UNTENABLE, and evidence is strong that the alleged hijackers acted in coordination with a faction within the government itself. The hijackers were therefore in all probability expendable double-agents or, more bluntly, patsies.

2. The government's assertion that the four supposedly hijacked airliners were taken over and piloted by the four accused hijackers identified by the FBI, IS AT OR BEYOND THE LIMITS OF PHYSICAL AND TECHNICAL REALITY. The planes were in all probability guided to their targets by some form of remote access or remote control.

3. The government's assertion that the failures of air defense were caused by the fog of war is LAME AND ABSURD. Air defense was in all probability sabotaged by moles operating inside the governmet.

4. The government's assertion that a Boeing 757-200 hit the Pentagon is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Some other type of flying object, possibly a cruise missile, must therefore be considered.

5. The government's assertion that the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center collapsed as a result of the impact of aircraft and the subsequent fire is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. The fall of the towers cannot be explained without the hypothesis of controlled demolition of some form, possibly including unconventional methods employing new physical principles.

6. The government's assertion that World Trade Center 7 collapsed at 5:20pm EDT on September 11 purely as a result of fire is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. The collapse of WTC 7 is coherent with controlled demolition of the conventional type.

7. The government's assertion that United Flight 93 crashed because of actions by the hijackers or because of a struggle in the cockpit is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, given the pattern in which the wreckage was distributed. All evidence points towards the hypothesis that United 93 was shot own by US military aircraft.

8. The government's refusal to investigate insider trading in American Airlines and United Airlines put options, the wholesale seizure and destruction of evidence, the systematic intimidation of witnesses by the FBI, and a series of other incidents point unmistakably to an attempted COVER UP on the part of the entire US government and establishment.

But I should ignore all this and "vote based on the policies contained in a manifesto" instead?

The guy's a fucking fruitloop and a surefire vote loser!

I wouldn't vote for any cunt spouting that kind of shit, nor any party seen to be supporting it.

Back
Top Bottom