Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shayler - talk in Brixton - Wed. 2nd Nov.

editor said:
Having you call me am "armchair supporter" really is taking the fucking piss.

I was at Brighton two weeks ago and it cost me 23 fucking quid to get into the shittiest ground in the league.

How about you? When was the last time you saw your football team?

And, once again, if you knew anything about football and Cardiff City's away reputation, you'd know that the police tend to turn out in force, and with the (perceived) increased danger of trouble, arriving fans are far more likely to searched as they enter the ground and in the surrounding area.
brixton's not really the surrounding area, is it though? when was the last time you weren't searched for weapons when the cops stopped you?

Pickman's model said:
brixton's not really the surrounding area, is it though? when was the last time you weren't searched for weapons when the cops stopped you?
What's the "surrounding area" and "weapons" got to do with anything? I've been to loads of games and protests in the Met area.

Or are you saying that it's only the cops matching that criteria who can't stop themelves talking about "wacky backy" whenever they stop and search someone?

Oh, and when was the last time you saw your team play?

editor said:
What's the "surrounding area" and "weapons" got to do with anything?

Or are you saying that it's only the cops matching that criteria who can't stop themelves talking about "wacky backy" whenever they stop someone?
a police officer searching you for a knife is unlikely to ask if you've any "wacky backy" on you - whereas a police officer searching you for drugs, on a fishing expedition, may well ask that question. anyway, if you look likely to be a vicious football hooligan, they're unlikely to think that you're instead a pacific toker.

Pickman's model said:
a police officer searching you for a knife is unlikely to ask if you've any "wacky backy" on you - whereas a police officer searching you for drugs, on a fishing expedition, may well ask that question. anyway, if you look likely to be a vicious football hooligan, they're unlikely to think that you're instead a pacific toker.
This is embarrassing. You think people don't smoke spliffs on the terraces and that police don't look for drugs when you're going in a ground?!

You sound out of touch. When was the last time you saw your team play, btw?

it seems the simplest explaination is that cops searching editor have never mentioned or been noticed to mention the term waccybaccy, but the ones who have searched pickmans have. i see no reasons to doubt what pickman claims his experience is, despite personally never having heard them refer to waccy baccy whenever ive been searched.

edit to add: but what would i know, i aint been to a game in ages.

editor said:
This is embarrassing. You think people don't smoke spliffs on the terraces and that police don't look for drugs when you're going in a ground?!

You sound out of touch. When was the last time you saw your team play, btw?
when was the last time you weren't searched for weapons when the cops stopped you?

you're strong on diversions and weak on answering questions, as usual. let me make it simpler - when was the last time you were searched for drugs? and, as you seem to come into contact with the cops when you got to the football, when was the last time you were searched when you went to a match, and what was the reason given for the search?

oh - and if it's going to hasten your answering the questions, the last time i went to the football was in july. as i've said on previous occasions, i - and many other people - can't go to see arsenal as often as i'd like because the tickets are not easily available, especially when one's on the dole and the prices are prohibitive.

Pickman's model said:
you're strong on diversions and weak on answering questions, as usual.
This coming from the hypocrite who's still to answer the simple question: "when was the last time you saw your team play" - despite being asked three times!!!

The last time I was searched was the last time I went to see Cardiff. Twice. The officer didn't mention "wacky backy", funnily enough.

editor said:
This coming from the hypocrite who's still to answer the simple question: "when was the last time you saw your team play" - despite being asked three times!!!

The last time I was searched was the last time I went to football. Twice. The officer didn't mention "wacky backy", funnily enough.
if you'll insist on adding questions into your posts after i've replied to them, you've only yourself to blame if i don't answer them.

and what reason did the constable give for searching you?

neilh said:
it seems the simplest explaination is that cops searching editor have never mentioned or been noticed to mention the term waccybaccy, but the ones who have searched pickmans have. i see no reasons to doubt what pickman claims his experience is, despite personally never having heard them refer to waccy baccy whenever ive been searched.
Do you believe that it's a phrase only used by coppers, as Pickmans asserts?

editor said:
er...

let's not let the facts get in the way of a good argument, eh? i actually said that previously i'd only heard the phrase used by police officers.

Pickman's model said:
if you'll insist on adding questions into your posts after i've replied to them, you've only yourself to blame if i don't answer them.

and what reason did the constable give for searching you?
FFS: Read my fucking link and educate yourself.

THEY DONT HAVE TO GIVE A REASON AT FOOTBALL MATCHES

Now, for the fifth time, when was the last time you saw your team, Arsenal play?

Pickman's model said:
let's not let the facts get in the way of a good argument, eh? i actually said that previously i'd only heard the phrase used by police officers.
Amounts to the same thing.

editor said:

Now, for the fifth time, when was the last time you saw your team, Arsenal play?
last night.

editor said:

where does it say on your link that the police don't have to give a reason?

Pickman's model said:
no, it doesn't.
So, this "armchair supporter" is still waiting for you to tell me about the last Arsenal game you attended. When was it again?

...and back on topic.. did anyone go to the Shayler meeting last night?

Pickman's model said:
where does it say on your amazing link that the police don't have to give a reason?
<bangs head against pixels> FFS: if you knew anything about football, you'd know that it is a condition of entry that you may be searched. They even have it at some rugby grounds:
Any person who enters the Ground is liable to be searched by a police officer or servant or agent of the RFU and the RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person who declines to be searched.
http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.Tickets_Detail/StoryTypeId/14/StoryId/6023

editor said:
So, this "armchair supporter" is stil waiting for you to tell me about the last Arsenal game you attended. When was it again?

oh! the last game i attended? that'd be the last home game of 2001/02 - although i can't immediately recall the opposition.

editor said:
<bangs head against pixels> FFS: if you knew anything about football, you'd know that it is a condition of entry that you may be searched. They even have it at some rugby grounds:
:confused:

i've never been searched going to the football, be it at underhill, craven cottage, selhurst park, white hart lane, highbury, wembley, kingstonian or brisbane road.

Pickman's model said:
i've never been searched going to the football, be it at underhill, craven cottage, selhurst park, white hart lane, highbury, wembley, kingstonian or brisbane road.
Look on the bright side: think of all the chats about "wacky backy" you've avoided.

:rolleyes:

I've been searched at just about every game I've attended.

editor said:

Why didn't you? It's your town. You're a journo as you often tell me. Why didn't you go? At a footy game?

fela fan said:
Why didn't you? It's your town. You're a journo as you often tell me. Why didn't you go?
Err, how about because I have zero interest in hanging out with a load of conspiraloons trotting out the same barking shite that's already been laughed off these boards.

And, as it happened, I was busy enjoying a splendid meal in a local restaurant instead.

Oh, and journalists aren't obliged to attend every shite event that occurs within a mile radius of their homes you know.

editor said:
reread #387, and you'll se who i've personally heard using it. obviously i think folk who aren't cops use it, but please point me to where pickmans asserts this, as this seems to me to be a ridiculous twisting of his words that you're using here, or a falsity as he doesn't seem to have asserted this at all (unless it was in PM's or something).

neilh said:
reread #387, and you'll se who i've personally heard using it. obviously i think folk who aren't cops use it, but please point me to where pickmans asserts this, as this seems to me to be a ridiculous twisting of his words that you're using here, or a falsity as he doesn't seem to have asserted this at all (unless it was in PM's or something).
He claimed that he'd "only heard police officers refer to marijuana as wacky backy" adding, "i've never previously heard a non-cop use the phrase. did you pick it up from a friendly constable?"

So he'd never heard anyone other than cops use the phrase.

editor said:
He claimed that he'd "only heard police officers refer to marijuana as wacky backy" adding, "i've never previously heard a non-cop use the phrase. did you pick it up from a friendly constable?"

So he'd never heard anyone other than cops use the phrase.
yes, i can work that out, but i'm not arguing with the fact that he says he's never heard a non-cop using it, which seems quite obvious; it's the bit you refer to in post #399 i can't find, where he asserts that it's only coppers that use this phrase; unless of course post 399 is a falsity its self, refering to a nonexistent event.

neilh said:
yes, i can work that out, but i'm not arguing with the fact that he says he's never heard a non-cop using it, which seems quite obvious; it's the bit you refer to in post #399 i can't find, where he asserts that it's only coppers that use this phrase; unless of course post 399 is a falsity its self, refering to a nonexistent event.
I was drawing that conclusion from his assertion that:
(a) he's only heard police officers use the phrase and
(b) he's never heard a non-cop use the phrase

Can't see quite what it's got to do with you, mind.

Back
Top Bottom