Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shameless, fawning, Alexandra O Cortez fan thread

Stop covering your surrender to corporate democrat capitalism by playing the feminist card. It's not only transparent, it's getting fucking tedious. Pelosi is 100% a clin to nian triangulator and a corporate shill. Always has been, always will be. She miht be OK on one or two issues here and there, but that sholuldn't obscure the bigger picture, that she, schumer and similar democrats are the problem, not the solution.
Ditto - for all that any sane person will prefer him to Trump - unky Joe.

Don't think she posts here anymore...

Stop covering your surrender to corporate democrat capitalism by playing the feminist card. It's not only transparent, it's getting fucking tedious. Pelosi is 100% a clin to nian triangulator and a corporate shill. Always has been, always will be. She miht be OK on one or two issues here and there, but that sholuldn't obscure the bigger picture, that she, schumer and similar democrats are the problem, not the solution.
Ditto - for all that any sane person will prefer him to Trump - unky Joe.

Pelosi is the person for whom playing fucking stupid political games is more important than keeping Americans from going hungry and losing their homes. She's utter fucking scum.

In a truly shocking* turn of events NBC completely misrepresents AOC

* sarcasm meter off the scale

1597820595422.png

Followed by:

1597820673503.png

1597820696499.png

NBC's original Tweet (and the screenshot of it they posted after deleting it!) completely misrepresenting AOC. I wonder why...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I get that it's a somewhat confusing procedure/tradition, but what I don't quite get is that she said "I second the nomination", so how did people not put together that she wasn't going rogue anarchist, someone else had already 'nominated' Biden* Sanders and maybe done just the scantest of research? :facepalm:

* :facepalm: :oops:

Last edited:
tbf, this is an individual broadcaster's clusterfuck, not a governmental one, and most people anorak-y enough to watch the convention will also understand the procedural protocols.
Ain't no biggie

tbf, this is an individual broadcaster's clusterfuck, not a governmental one, and most people anorak-y enough to watch the convention will also understand the procedural protocols.
Ain't no biggie
There certainly seemed to be a lot of criticism of her on Twitter (I know, I know...), and I think there's an argument that more non-anoraky people are watching/paying attention this year, for various reasons, and they're the ones getting all het up.

There certainly seemed to be a lot of criticism of her on Twitter (I know, I know...), and I think there's an argument that more non-anoraky people are watching/paying attention this year, for various reasons, and they're the ones getting all het up.
That would make sense. Probably some minor damage limitation needed, though it shouldn't be hard to explain the protocol thing to them.

Have you read the last few posts? And are you just lying?

Oh, I’ve just read her tweet explaining the confusion.

Nonetheless she has guts to take on NBC.

Edit: we all know she doesn’t want Biden as the candidate - she’s a Bernie Bro.

Oh, I’ve just read her tweet explaining the confusion.

Nonetheless she has guts to take on NBC.

Edit: we all know she doesn’t want Biden as the candidate - she’s a Bernie Bro.

In guessing most or a significant portion of these boards would have preferred Sanders as the Democratic choice.

Does this make them Bernie Bro? Are Bernie Sanders and AOC those far left extremists you say Biden is a Trojan horse for?

Fair play for AOC for nominating BS instead of incoherent Biden then standing up to NBC 👏👏👏
Fuck me, you're getting even thicker, with the passage of time.
let me explain this to you, in necesarily simplistic terms.
She. Ddidn't. Have. The. Fucking. Choice.
Under the rfules of the convention - and the constitution of the Democratic Party, all primary candidates who amass a sufficient number ofdelegates in the primary season have to be formally nominated, by a delegate, in person, at the convention. And this is the case even if one of those candidates had wrapped up the party's nomination way before the convention, as indeed was the case here.
Someone of national prominence, who wasn't themselves a nominee, had to make that nominating speech - and AOC was the obvious choice.
She has before and since publicly endorsed Biden.
Sheesh... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
Fuck me, you're getting even thicker, with the passage of time.
let me explain this to you, in necesarily simplistic terma.
She. Ddidn't. Have. The. Fucking. Choice.
Under the rfules of the convention - and the constitution of the Democratic Party, all primary candidates who amass a sufficient number ofdelegates in the primary season have to be formally nominated, by a delegate, in person, at the convention. And this is the case even if one of those candidates had wrapped up the party's nomination way before the convention, as indeed was the case here.
Someone of national prominence, who wasn't themselves a nominee, had to make that nominating speech - and AOC was the obvious choice.
She has before and since publicly endorsed Biden.
Sheesh... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
He's obviously on the wind up. You're encouraging him and making yourself look thick by giving him the attention. I could be a lot blunter if you'd like.

He's obviously on the wind up. You're encouraging him and making yourself look thick by giving him the attention. I could be a lot blunter if you'd like.
Tes, you're right. I was right to put him on ignore, and daft to rise to the bait. I'll stick to ignore from now on.

trouble is that gives him what he wants, too. Someone who didn't know the background might just accept the lie that AOC refused to back biden. Assuming they believe a single thing marty1 says of course.

Shame that he's only here to shit over the site. Lots of little shits goes to make up one large shit.

Back
Top Bottom