Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sebia V.S. Ghana

The refereeing has been good.. but I think the noise levels has effected a couple of decisions like the earlier Ghanaian yellow card....
They should compensate that possibly in how they carry the cards over to future games?

I would rate 2006 vintage Appiah above Essien.

Perhaps, but it ain't 2006 no more, Essien's absence may have more of a psychological effect. However, it isn't always bad when a big name is missing at the World Cup; Pele 1962, Greaves 1966, Cruyff 1978, Blanc 1998 (for the final).

Perhaps, but it ain't 2006 no more, Essien's absence may have more of a psychological effect. However, it isn't always bad when a big name is missing at the World Cup; Pele 1962, Greaves 1966, Cruyff 1978, Blanc 1998 (for the final).

Very true.

I would rate 2006 vintage Appiah above Essien.

Yeah, but Essien plays for Chelsea so the I only ever watch the top Premier League teams squad have actually heard of him. As opposed to Appiah, Asamoah Gyan, Ayew, and a host of other brilliant Ghanaian players of recent years.

Of course they miss Essien, but far less that the Ivory Coast will miss Drogba, and probably less than England will miss Ferdinand.

I was disappointed with Ghana in this match, I think they can play better than that. I've seen the defence look more solid, and the midfield look more creative. I got the impression there were spells during the game when Gyan looked more worried about when the next body check was coming than about attempting to create or score. I though Prince Boateng had an excellent game as an individual, but I'm not sure he's really integrated into the team as yet.

I still rate them as the most likely outsiders to make it to the last 4.

Loved the way the Serbian player tried to appeal one of the most obvious - and stupidest - handballs I've seen for a long while. What was he thinking?

He's a Serbian. Their footballers have a developing reputation to protect. As the only international team anywhere near as cynical as the Uruguayans.

Back
Top Bottom