Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ghana versus USA (knockout)

Estados Unidos deserved to lose.

I was watching it on the mexivision channel. Sounded like the commentators were pulling for the US. The US were sloppy starters.

Wonderful game. Two teams that wanted to play football, even if they couldn't always manage it. Two teams full of players who would rather play than writhe around on the ground looking for an Oscar nomination. A referee who let the game happen rather than trying to be the centre of attention. Fun fun fun. And the perfect result.

Wonderful game. Two teams that wanted to play football, even if they couldn't always manage it. Two teams full of players who would rather play than writhe around on the ground looking for an Oscar nomination. A referee who let the game happen rather than trying to be the centre of attention. Fun fun fun. And the perfect result.
this

Thought Ghana were clearly inferior - always prefer the better teams to go through - hate underdogs. Pure fodder for Uruguay - who will, in turn be fodder for whoever they play.

yes, lots of fair play in this one - kudos to both teams

This. Respect to both teams.

Thought Ghana were clearly inferior - always prefer the better teams to go through - hate underdogs. Pure fodder for Uruguay - who will, in turn be fodder for whoever they play.

nah, it was an equal game.

possesion was 50/50 towards the end of full time too

I think uruguay are looking one of the better teams tbh.

Yeah right,lets only have teams like Italy and France in the finals eh?

If ghana are clearly inferior, how come they managed to put two past the USA? I agree I thought they were fairly shit in their group stage and that Serbia should have gone through instead of them but they seem to have seriosuly picked up their game in this one.

Disappointed that the usa didn't make it through. They're the more interesting team from my pov but probably good for an african world cup that ghana make it through, albeit playing in a dull european style.

As an aside, surely its no coincidence that the one African side to go through is the one that doesnt have its "best player" dominating the team? Granted Essien is not exactly Eto'o or Drogba, but the teamwork on display is far higher than anything Ivory Coast, Cameroon or SA produced.

oh come on, uruguay didn't concede a goal until today. and one of the teams they were playing won the world cup twelve years ago and got to the final four years ago. admittedly they were shit but they were what you would have considered "one of the better teams" :D

Back
Top Bottom