Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russia vs Croatia (QF) - 19:00 - 07/07/2018

Boring? Cracking game this.

Could go either way still... Russian fans must be helping a bit!

We started the world cup in Croatia & watched 2 Croatian games there so got a soft spot for them.

On the other hand I convinced the wife to cash in her bet for Croatia to win the cup after their performance against Denmark, so wouldn't mind if they were kicked out sharpish (she made 73p, if they win she'd have made £70)

Strange. I would still only make them third fav at this moment, behind France and Belgium.
With France and Belgium playing each other that lengthens their odds. England's odds of getting to the final are better than Belgium's (apparently), and therefore so are chances of winning.

On the ITV/BBC things, seems confirmed it's ITV :( I could have sworn Lineker said earlier in the tournament that BBC would have both England games if they got that far.

Yeah, with the odds, and ITV having the England semi, it’s almost like I know what I’m talking about isn’t it?

The one thing I won't miss when the World Cup is over is the football related adverts. They fucking do my head in. :facepalm:

With France and Belgium playing each other that lengthens their odds. England's odds of getting to the final are better than Belgium's (apparently), and therefore so are chances of winning.
I've been thinking about the logic of exactly that. England's odds on getting to the final might be better, but they then play France or Belgium in that final. France or Belgium *only* play England or Russia/Croatia. For Belgium to be longer odds than England, you'd have to reckon that Belgium's chances of beating England/Croatia/Russia in the final are not as big as England's chances of beating Croatia/Russia in the semis. And that assumes Belgium/England would have an equal chance against France. Maybe, but I would put it a little the other way.

I've been thinking about the logic of exactly that. England's odds on getting to the final might be better, but they then play France or Belgium in that final. France or Belgium *only* play England or Russia/Croatia. For Belgium to be longer odds than England, you'd have to reckon that Belgium's chances of beating England/Croatia/Russia in the final are not as big as England's chances of beating Croatia/Russia in the semis. And that assumes Belgium/England would have an equal chance against France. Maybe, but I would put it a little the other way.
Oh, I don't fucking know...

Back
Top Bottom