Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

Wow, that was a weird few pages!

Orang Utan made a joke about the church, not the people that follow it, I found it funny. Aladdin came back with a reasonable response as why they felt it was attack on them, sadly OU doubled down at first, but has since apologised for any offence, which is also reasonable.

So, perhaps we could all bring the thread back on topic, as in discussing what a cunt Brand is, and call an end to to this massive derail?

* yeah, I know that suggestion is probably a waste of time, this being urban.

Orang Utan made a joke about the church, not the people that follow it, I found it funny. Aladdin came back with a reasonable response as why they felt it was attack on them, sadly OU doubled down at first, but has since apologised for any offence, which is also reasonable.

So, perhaps we could all bring the thread back on topic, as in discussing what a cunt Brand is, and call an end to to this massive derail?

Heretic! :mad:

What the fuck is going on with this place lately?

When exactly did it become frowned upon to lampoon the Catholic church for its it's history of protecting abusers?

The poster defending Brand gets and easier ride than someone ripping the piss out of Brand and and organisation that has a history of protecting perpetrators of sexual abuse.

Seriously what the actual fuck?

Some posters need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Cool, so as long as she's in Newport, or Bridgend or up the valleys, God's down with doing the dirty
Dunno. If you're in Cape Town, yes. But I think if you're in Pontypool or somewhere God would just say he can't help it if Newport feels a long way to you, and he'll wither your genitals anyway. I think you need quite a big distance to be totally free of sin.

Enough theology,, though.

Last edited:
What the fuck is going on with this place lately?

When exactly did it become frowned upon to lampoon the Catholic church for its it's history of protecting abusers?

The poster defending Brand gets and easier ride than someone ripping the piss out of Brand and and organisation that has a history of protecting perpetrators of sexual abuse.

Seriously what the actual fuck?

Some posters need to have a long hard look at themselves.
Dunno really because, as far as I can tell, not one single person has done that. :confused:

think we all need a group hug

place is full of tension atm

bandwidthz has been off for an while mind.. post pictures of cats and a fight every other page not what it used to be :/

Dunno. If you're in Cape Town, yes. But I think if you're in Pontypool or somewhere God would just say he can't help it if Newport feels a long way to you, and he'll wither your genitals anyway. I think you need quite a big distance to be totally free of sin.
He can be so petty sometimes

hmm does brand not have 2 female kids with the new wife

going to be a shite show as they reach their teenage years and friends start appearing

predator who think god has given him absolution

*shudders

The target of the joke was clearly the Catholic church and those who are part of it as well as Brand.

There is still no evidence that Brand has joined the Catholic church, so your sneering comment just comes across as standard anti-Catholic bigotry

It's ironic that you refer to having to explain to a grown up; once again you demonstrate zero self awareness.

Illiteracy. He clearly was not having a pop at those who believe in Christianity let alone members of the Catholic Church. Fuck sake.

Feels like he's done a Jonathan Aikten. Giving his reputation a relaunch by finding God. Brand was good when he was doing housing activism. That was Hackney. Wouldn't vouch for him otherwise though!

It's mad really how much and often humans argue about religion. God, if there is one, must be pissing himself/her/themselves.
Or crying.
Either or.
It's mind boggling when you think about it.

The very concept of beings in the clouds who we must worship and endure... where is the class war against these privileged sky toffs?

Back
Top Bottom