Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

An interesting and yet not unpredictable development. Perhaps Mr Brand's recent turn towards Christianity has been motivated by his identifying himself with Christ, a humble and decent man with long hair and a beard who sought to do good, who attracted a large number of followers, but who was persecuted by the Establishment, vilified because he was a threat to the established order, scorned and condemned merely for telling the Truth (or in Brand's case, for the alleged sexual abuse of a number of women... that's where the analogy falls down, 'mate')

That means that if you’ve already had a bath then, later in the day, you only need to wash your feet. Because your body’s still clean but your feet will have got grimy.

John 13:2 [Jesus] rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. (...)

John 13.12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

Priests have been following Jesus' example ever since. Possibly this is what attracts Brand to Christianity.

I think you'll find that, in the Bible, the foot is the most common euphemism for the penis. Ragal the word they used.

“It shall be when he lies down, that you shall notice the place where he lies, and you shall go and uncover his feet and lie down; then he will tell you what you shall do.”

That, yes, 'regel' (foot) but also 'yad' (hand), 'yarek' (thigh), and a few other euphemisms.

Leviticus ch.15 which is all about dealing with STDs uses 'basar' (meat/flesh), for both male and female genitals. How delightful.

Actually now I think about it, I seem to recall once reading that in Genesis, Adam's 'rib' isn't actually a rib at all and that the story of Eve being formed from Adam's rib is actually an attempt at explaining why human males don't have a
baculum bone
(in fact that wiki article mentions it too)

'Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh' indeed.

Last edited:
Russell Brand whistleblower: Channel 4 investigation a ‘whitewash’ - Sunday Times (archived)

Several people who reported Brand's behaviour to C4 very unsatisfied with the conduct of the channel's internal investigation. One example:

Alice, who was in a relationship with Brand when she was 16 in 2006, went on to work at Channel 4. She alleged as part of The Sunday Times, The Times and Dispatches investigation that Brand’s behaviour had been discussed in a commissioning meeting in 2014. The Channel 4 report claimed “no evidence was found to substantiate” this claim. “No one involved in this investigation bothered to contact me, even just to ask who was in this meeting or about my allegation,” Alice said. “How can they possibly claim this is a ‘comprehensive and far-reaching’ investigation when they didn’t even speak to one of the main voices in their programme? This shows just how little has changed since 2014. The investigation was never intended to uncover anything. It’s insulting.”

You have no idea what real life is like then if you think you can be attached to a group of friends and have a consensus on what will be discussed down the pub, and in what way.

We can’t all be like you , Mr. Vanguard , and forge ourselves a role as a bastion of the left. Some of us grew-up in shitholes where - to use just one example - you’d get a kicking down the boozer for wearing a scarf in the winter.

His feet don’t touch the ground and haven’t for years

Father Cosplay, of the Nordic Nazi Old Catholic Church, is asking us to pray for Russell as he is due to be baptised and demonic forces are enticing him to sin again. Let's hope he keeps reading the Holy Bookie-wookie

teh hand movements and the crouches/sits that he does just screams sex case.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom