Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

I guess he doesn't have much choice in some ways; it's either admit you did something terrible, deny it and say the women are lying, or come up with some conspiracy that it's really just to shut you and your 'challenging the mainstream narratives' voice up.

Agree, I think this is the only way he can play it at this point.

Agree, I think this is the only way he can play it at this point.
Frankly after what he's written and presented to the public in his books he's on a very sticky wicket. The master criminal always makes one fatal error and brand has not only laid out some of his dubious past in his books but also broadcast what he's done. His hubris will undoubtedly be followed by nemesis

wtf is the greyzone? I don’t want to watch the video

Presents itself as an investigative journalist site, mostly done by one person (Max Blumenthal) and gives plenty of airtime to 'stories' sympathetic to the Russian and Syrian States (among others) and various conspiracy narratives. It's on the left in the same way that Galloway is/was, and in the same ecosystem as some of Brand's stuff around Ukraine.

Presents itself as an investigative journalist site, mostly done by one person (Max Blumenthal) and gives plenty of airtime to 'stories' sympathetic to Russia and Syria (among others) and conspiracy narratives. It's on the left in the same way that Galloway is/was, and in the same ecosystem as some of Brand's stuff around Ukraine.

‘Liked’ for good summing up, not for liking the Grayzone.. :thumbs:

Presents itself as an investigative journalist site, mostly done by one person (Max Blumenthal) and gives plenty of airtime to 'stories' sympathetic to the Russian and Syrian States (among others) and various conspiracy narratives. It's on the left in the same way that Galloway is/was, and in the same ecosystem as some of Brand's stuff around Ukraine.
Sounds like a Zone of A Lot of Old Bollocks

The annoying thing is they're right, Big Tech does have far too much power, but these clowns' criticism of that power actively poisons debate, because it makes you look like you're agreeing with their narcissistic looney tunes bullshit if you talk about it.

The annoying thing is they're right, Big Tech does have far too much power, but these clowns' criticism of that power actively poisons debate, because it makes you look like you're agreeing with their narcissistic looney tunes bullshit if you talk about it.
yeh their power is in plain site. not to further some shadowy elite that these dumbells suggest over and over.

i love how the deep state is pretty fucking shit. they spend their resources on taking down b list "comedians". i assume elon musk has gotten a deep state pass. where does the deep state draw its lines? like this twat has moved to rumble, is rumble too powerful for the deep state's involvement? this deep state are shit!

But I like Grayzone. What's wrong with it?
I've never seen it but this doesn't make it sound like the thing I'd want to actively support

The Grayzone is known for its critical coverage of US foreign policy and anti-war views, but has been accused of spreading misinformation and Chinese and Russian government propaganda, including debunked claims about the conflict in Ukraine and whitewashed accounts of Beijing’s repression of ethnic minority Muslims in far-western Xinjiang.

The Grayzone has been criticized for defending authoritarian regimes. In the essay "How to Abolish the Hong Kong Police", The Grayzone was described as "known for misleading reporting in the service of authoritarian states". Nerma Jelacic, writing in the Index on Censorship, described The Grayzone as "a Kremlin-connected online outlet that pushes pro-Russian conspiracy theories and genocide denial."[60] In 2019, The Grayzone had claimed the Commission for International Justice and Accountability, of which Jelacic is a director, collaborated with ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra affiliates.

It has also been sharply criticized for its characterizations of the Xinjiang internment camps and other Chinese state abuses against Uyghurs.

The Russian fake news website Peace Data has republished articles by The Grayzone in order to build a reputation as a progressive and anti-Western media source and to attract contributors.[62] False claims published by The Grayzone are referenced by many Twitter users who back Assad and the Russian government.[39]

The government of China, officials within the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), and Chinese state media have viewed The Grayzone's coverage of China positively. The site has promoted Chinese Communist Party narratives on Xinjiang, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.[63] In order to dispute accusations of ongoing atrocities in Xinjiang, Chinese state media and Chinese officials have increasingly cited posts from The Grayzone in their public communications

Back
Top Bottom