Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

Bimble and LDC are asserting that old style urban was horrendous/rapey
This is what they said. If they were talking about RB attitudes only, being 'horrendous & rapey' i missed it. Can we move on. I've had one beer, an asahi. hope thats ok.

Reactions: tim
That’s a lot of money he’s missing out on, plus if YouTube ban him that’s the majority of his income gone.
Which would be fantastic, and what with him unlikely to work in anything mainstream again. Deserves everything he gets, especially if he unlikely to go to jail.
Idk what to make of the theory that he moved into the conspiracist guru market as a cunning long term plan to insulate himself for when this day inevitably rolled around. Makes perfect sense logically and have always thought he was thoroughly cynical and self motivated, but dunno. Maybe it was just win win, the uncritical adulation that sort of audience offers is a reward in itself as well as a sort of insurance plan.
yeah the sort of Hollywood periphery/popular comedian/many talk show to incoherent narcissistic health guru who “just asks (facistic, paranoid) questions” arc is somewhat puzzling, but as has been stated, there’s big money in grifting. Tho Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there were other motivations too. Much more to come I reckon from this particular story

It’s speculative on my part, but like trump he’s another man who I could never imagine holding his hands up and saying “i am wrong. I’m a disgrace.” That kind of bite and battle with the conscience. Just not there. The fact that he used his first comments to frame it conspiritually says it all.

cesare Some things get better, including on here. This is just a website full of people who are, hopefully, learning as they go. Thats all that was said. I am not your enemy and hope we can draw a line under that diversion.

I had a brief ffiendship with a lass back in the early 00s who told me she was sexually abused by him. I asked her if she was going to the police and she said no, but that she was planning revenge. I left it at that, I’m thinking I should have reported him anyway. Called the police today and told them. I never knew her second name but knew her first name. So told them In hope that if she reports him now she will have someone else on record corroborating .

Reactions: tim
I had a brief ffiendship with a lass back in the early 00s who told me she was sexually abused by him. I asked her if she was going to the police and she said no, but that she was planning revenge. I left it at that, I’m thinking I should have reported him anyway. Called the police today and told them. I never knew her second name but knew her first name. So told them In hope that if she reports him now she will have someone else on record corroborating .

See - I don't understand why you would do that.
Probably going to get shouted at, but it's her experience and her decision, not yours - as much as one might want to hope that she will decide to add her voice to others reporting historic sexual abuse, I don't feel like it's your place to make that decision for her without her consent.

What did they say to you?

See - I don't understand why you would do that.
Probably going to get shouted at, but it's her experience and her decision, not yours - as much as one might want to hope that she will decide to add her voice to others reporting historic sexual abuse, I don't feel like it's your place to make that decision for her without her consent.
Yeh, it's a really weird thing to do, and agree with the points you make - also I imagine there would be corroborative facts which would prove more persuasive to a court than the recollection of a man who knew her so well he was unaware of her surname.

cesare Some things get better, including on here. This is just a website full of people who are, hopefully, learning as they go. Thats all that was said. I am not your enemy and hope we can draw a line under that diversion.
You wanted to draw people down into your by-gone thread rather than what we're talking about on this one.

You and your friends call me weird when I call you out on this.

Fuck you.

Not much. Typed it out. Said do I want a ref number and then hung up.

Epona I wasn’t reporting on behalf of her, I was reporting something that I heard. I did not even know her full name. No way would i do that.

So what was the point?
Other than to break the confidence of something told to you years ago by someone who's full name you didn't even know - not like anything can be done with that.

I am not saying you deliberately did it for this reason, but it smacks a bit of "I'm going to do something to stick up for the womenfolk" by involving yourself in something that actually is not directly to do with you.

It's just really weird IMO.

So what was the point?
Other than to break the confidence of something told to you years ago by someone who's full name you didn't even know - not like anything can be done with that.

I am not saying you deliberately did it for this reason, but it smacks a bit of "I'm going to do something to stick up for the womenfolk" by involving yourself in something that actually is not directly to do with you.

Yeh, it's really patriarchal - now she has a man backing up her allegation.

So what was the point?

I think I might have done the same thing, tbh. If the woman does contact the police, then the existence of some other piece of evidence might make the difference between her complaint being progressed or not.

Although, otoh, I'd be surprised if the police handle these things well enough to be able to connect phonecall a to phonecall b.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom