Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2021

fucthest8

Cool people die horrible, preventable deaths.
Right, so we're through the pool stage and other than the French giving England* a bit of trouble and the first half of the Australia - New Zealand game** briefly giving me some real hope, things have gone pretty much the way everyone has expected.

The Quarter finals all promise to be pretty good for one reason or another, even New Zealand - Wales has the hope of Wales at least giving the Black Ferns some trouble.

So if you haven't been watching and you like rugby, you should start now.

E2A it's all on ITV and if you don't fancy getting up at 4am to start watching, all the games are on catch up

*Cracking match by the way, do watch it
**If you haven't watched it, do. Until the point where Australia get two yellow cards in as many minutes and then you can switch off because it goes exactly like you fear it will.

Last edited:
England’s QF is effectively at half 12 Saturday night due to the hour change is that right?

Agree with the start of the Aussie NZ match

Not sure, match centre says 01:30 and I assume they adjust for the hour change
(Edit: just checked and yeah, they have)

Yeah, the first half was fucking excellent eh?

Managed to stay up.

The women deserve a better showcase than this, tiny crowds and minor grounds. I hope we do better justice to this tournament in 2025 and can sell out bigger stadiums

There’s a reason the mens World Cup doesn’t go to New Zealand any more.

Bloody hell see what you mean - hardly anyone there and there's a small lake in the middle of the pitch.

It looks like a uni sports ground. It does rain a lot in NZ but I’d assume pitches at this level aren’t the best in terms of drainage

I think the previous games were triple headers for the pool matches and maybe at bigger grounds. The first was at Eden Park which is like the NZ version of twickenham.

I didn't understand that - looked like England scored a try with that maul and the ref pulls them back to give England a penalty

Canada (still amateurs) really impressive against England in semi final, utterly superb try by Dow, this game is worth watching. :thumbs:

Finally watched the France NZ game, what a fucking game!
Felt France made too many poor decisions to kick the ball away when they'd turned it over - you just stole posession, don't fucking give it back!
Breathless stuff, really wanted France to win, just because I love seeing Kiwis lose, but actually really pleased for them to be in the final at home.
Here's hoping next week is as good.

Canada (still amateurs) really impressive against England in semi final, utterly superb try by Dow, this game is worth watching. :thumbs:

Finally watched it, having accidentally seen the score yesterday :mad:
Canada were awesome. In the end it was little things that let them down, some poor lineouts (but we did compete really well too) and just fractional missed passes and so on. But they unpicked our defence too often and we should be a bit nervous about next week. Need to raise it quite a bit.

Abby Dow was phenomenal all game though and yeah, that try :D

Well this is fucking thrilling.
Wonder if everyone will shut the fuck up now about England keeping it in the forwards.

I enjoy league but union does retain something of an annual medieval English village free-for-all. :thumbs:

oo close game still.

Back
Top Bottom