Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rotherham child rape gangs: At least 1400 victims

It's going to take a while for me to process all of this horrendous shit, and the implications fill me with foreboding.

There are ways that children's social care was structured (in Rotherham and everywhere else in the UK) that allowed this stuff to be downplayed. I'd love to find out how senior child protection officers downplayed the risks to individual children that appeared on their radar, as well as for the issue as a whole.

It would also be interesting to examine how the police assessment of risk/harm failed and whether anything of intelligence value was passed to social care, whether Education Welfare in the local authority had flagged concerns (and what action was taken), whether front-line social workers or police were part of this complacency or whether their reports downgraded the risks involved.

This "not wanting to be viewed as racist" shtick may have been a factor in some people's minds along the way, but doesn't explain the systemic failures. Transparency and accountability tends to sharpen up responses. Police "Merlins" and other reports should be scrutinised by social workers; social care disclosures should be scrutinised by the police. I note that many of the reforms Rotherham have made have in the last couple of years are in fact national reforms directed by individual Local Children's Safeguarding Boards across the country.

If anyone ever says that assumptions about race, class and gender are not a serious threat to us, just point them to this case. I think this scares me the most. Hundreds of people, from coppers and social workers to councillors and community leaders all refusing to see what was happening to children in their community in front of their eyes. :(:mad:

Bangladesh isnt pakistan something seriously rotten in rotherham if loads of local men thought raping "white slags" acceptable behaviour :mad:

Consensual sex

In one of the most staggering passages in the report, Professor Jay revealed how a police officer dismissed the case of a 12-year-old girl who had been having sex with up to five Asian males, because he said she had been “100 per cent consensual in every incident”.
What the fuck!:mad:

South yorkshire police need to be fucking gutted along with every other agency.

This was a race and class issue.
Poor white girls targeted by pakistani men with fucked up ideas and authorties not doing anything because it was chavs and trying to avoid being called racist:(

In one of the most staggering passages in the report, Professor Jay revealed how a police officer dismissed the case of a 12-year-old girl who had been having sex with up to five Asian males, because he said she had been “100 per cent consensual in every incident”.

Makes me want to weep. How can child protection just be about social workers? It involves everyone. How the fuck can any adult, in this day and age, sleep soundly after making such a judgement?

Bangladesh isnt pakistan something seriously rotten in rotherham if loads of local men thought raping "white slags" acceptable behaviour :mad:

Consensual sex

South yorkshire police need to be fucking gutted along with every other agency.

This was a race and class issue.
Poor white girls targeted by pakistani men with fucked up ideas and authorties not doing anything because it was chavs and trying to avoid being called racist:(

The last line has a lot going for it tbh

Bangladesh isnt pakistan
If that's a response to my post above I'm perfectly well aware of that - but they're not that different despite the fact they often don't get on with one another.
something seriously rotten in rotherham if loads of local men thought raping "white slags" acceptable behaviour :mad:
(...)
Poor white girls targeted by pakistani men with fucked up ideas
Absolutely but I think you'll find a majority of the Pakistani community would also agree they are scum. Suggesting that there is something especially misogynistic about Pakistani culture which promotes this is just offering these cunts an excuse. In fact it's simply the other side of the coin to refusing to address their behaviour out of concerns for 'racial sensitivity'.

...do we assume that whatever the failings of the police and other authorities in this case were also repeated in Derby, Rochdale, Oxford, Peterborough and High Wycombe.....?

....IOW this is not localised, isolated or attributable to some unfortunate rotten apples...?

...and that we do have, what I believe people in Houston refer to as "...a problem..." with certain communities and the way the organs of the state are interfacing with them to revert to the comforting bureaucratic mogadon-speak with which all responsible parties seek to fire-blanket these issues...?

( ....and I do hope they spare us the "lessons have been learned" mantra on this one....)

Child rapists and abusers are criminals no matter their ethnic origin, class, or career and this country is so fucked up that the most vulnerable have been abandoned for years and left to suffer.
The political elite will try and make this a not our fault it was the other lots issue.
We are all responsible because we put up with it and chunter to each other on threads and at work yet do not show the sheer anger we are all feeling because we are placated again and again.

No I'm sorry part of this is due to a fucked up notion of honour and treating women like shit as long as they are not your "sister", you get the same attiude with a lot of communitys/groups etc just not so extreme.
Add a diffrence in race and they are the perfect other to be used without a care:mad:

i suggest rotherham gets twinned with delhi rape capital of india might make the cunts who thought this was ok buck their fucking ideas up wont be popular with a pakistani community :mad:

It's funny how the ethnicity of Savile, Hall, Clifford et al was never once mentioned. It's also interesting how the far-right seek to claim that certain cultures are more inclined to pederasty/child sex abuse than others when they, themselves, have had plenty of members convicted of a variety of offences. Yet, no mention of their ethnicity.

An outsider to this county would be forgiven for concluding that pederasty/paedophilia is a national pastime.

No I'm sorry part of this is due to a fucked up notion of honour and treating women like shit as long as they are not your "sister", you get the same attiude with a lot of communitys/groups etc just not so extreme.
Add a diffrence in race and they are the perfect other to be used without a care:mad:

i suggest rotherham gets twinned with delhi rape capital of india might make the cunts who thought this was ok buck their fucking ideas up wont be popular with a pakistani community :mad:
And Jimmy Savile? Did his Catholicism and ethnicity play its part in his grooming and raping of children? What about Peter Morrison? How about Sidney Cooke, who was at the head of a massive grooming gang? This is about male power; patriarchy, if you will.

It's funny how the ethnicity of Savile, Hall, Clifford et al was never once mentioned. It's also interesting how the far-right seek to claim that certain cultures are more inclined to pederasty/child sex abuse than others when they, themselves, have had plenty of members convicted of a variety of offences. Yet, no mention of their ethnicity.

An outsider to this county would be forgiven for concluding that pederasty/paedophilia is a national pastime.

It was not that long ago that Belgium was in the unenviable spotlight for paedophile crimes and that caused major protests at their seat of parliament.
Are we to go down this route? They will probably dowse us with the recently acquired water cannon!

There are some days when I just think that expected asteroid collision with this planet is long overdue.

And pakistani culture is extremly patriachal:(

Savillie and the yewtree were celebrities access to kids through fame and some power through being famous:(
Cooke was a fairground worker access to kids and transient.

Rotherham race was part of the reason the scumbags got away with it :(

...Jimmy Savile's catholocism may not be germane to his individual case but if we are discussing the repeated examples across time and geography of instances of child-abuse by Catholic priests then in actual fact, yes it would be rather...obtuse...not to take on board the specifically catholic nature of their environment, their beliefs and attitudes and the motives underlying the behaviour of those who tolerated and turned a blind eye to their activities...

And Jimmy Savile? Did his Catholicism and ethnicity play its part in his grooming and raping of children? What about Peter Morrison? How about Sidney Cooke, who was at the head of a massive grooming gang? This is about male power; patriarchy, if you will.

Yes, it is absolutely about male power and patriarchy - but it's also about class and yes about race too.

To ignore this, to try to dissemble, to try to deflect it as purely a failing by the 'authorities', to deny the facts here and in Rochdale and elsewhere just leaves the field open for UKIP and others to exploit - and judging by their current levels of support in Rotherham they won't be slow in taking the opportunity.

...Jimmy Savile's catholocism may not be germane to his individual case but if we are discussing the repeated examples across time and geography of instances of child-abuse by Catholic priests then in actual fact, yes it would be rather...obtuse...not to take on board the specifically catholic nature of their environment, their beliefs and attitudes and the motives underlying the behaviour of those who tolerated and turned a blind eye to their activities...

Exactly.

You'd better check out Bacha Bazi

Yes, it is absolutely about male power and patriarchy - but it's also about class and yes about race too.

To ignore this, to try to dissemble, to try to deflect it as purely a failing by the 'authorities', to deny the facts here and in Rochdale and elsewhere just leaves the field open for UKIP and others to exploit - and judging by their current levels of support in Rotherham they won't be slow in taking the opportunity.
"Race" is a social construction. When people use the word "race", they're referring to culture.

What makes you think that UKIP, the BNP, Britain First et al aren't already using "race" as an issue? Interestingly, the BNP also has issues regarding paedophilia.

The BNP's hypocrisy over paedophilia.
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/insider/bnp-hypocrisy-over-paedophile-2048

And pakistani culture is extremly patriachal:(

Savillie and the yewtree were celebrities access to kids through fame and some power through being famous:(
Cooke was a fairground worker access to kids and transient.

Rotherham race was part of the reason the scumbags got away with it :(
And our culture (whatever that is) isn't extremely patriarchal? Come on...

If that's a response to my post above I'm perfectly well aware of that - but they're not that different despite the fact they often don't get on with one another.

Absolutely but I think you'll find a majority of the Pakistani community would also agree they are scum. Suggesting that there is something especially misogynistic about Pakistani culture which promotes this is just offering these cunts an excuse. In fact it's simply the other side of the coin to refusing to address their behaviour out of concerns for 'racial sensitivity'.

the vast bulk of these kind of grooming gangs are Pakistani though; not Bangladeshi, not Somalian, not Hindu, not Arab, not Persian. and despite the fact that most members of the community may not explicitly support such circuits the severe attitudes towards those who fall into their category of 'prostitute'are really quite widespread. it's not a thousand miles away from the attitudes that are pretty well established across North West Pakistani communities (where i'm from and only direct experience is based) to tolerating or apologizing for the kind of behaviour shown in these groups.

absolutely - and the thing is everyone did quite rightly treat that as problem of institutional abuse within the Catholic Church, particular to the customs and norms of those institutions.

Back
Top Bottom