Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rochdale by-election

I am thoroughly dubious about that, the local party members detested him more than the electorate did.

If they're sensible, the CLP will throw their weight behind the MRLP.
Seems odd to me as well , especially as voting or supporting a candidate from another party is a disciplinary offence, isn't it? I wonder why the Guardian put that in?

Seems odd to me as well , especially as voting or supporting a candidate from another party is a disciplinary offence, isn't it? I wonder why the Guardian put that in?
I think it's okay if there is no Labour candidate. Not okay enough you'd want to put your actual name to such a comment, though.

What will tomorrow's line be on this? 'This shows how serious Keir Starmer is about rooting out... how he puts what is right before party interest....'. Some poor sod is going to have to do the rounds parroting this shit. Though of course anyone willing to parrot Starmer on anything is a fucking spineless grub. In fact biologists have now shifted Labour from the mammals group to the invertebrates. What absolute fucking scum they are.

These absolute grifters wheeled out their 'finest' last night to try and defend him and now they have backtracked and are getting absolutely roasted. There is a massive schism developing between the pro Israel pressure groups and Starmer's team and we all know how that ends.

The Labour Candidate in Rochdale, Azhar Ali, wrote: "I apologise unreservedly to the Jewish community for my comments which were deeply offensive, ignorant, and false.”

Now, according to the guidelines on the definition of antisemitism adopted by the Labour Party, it is antisemitic to hold Jews “collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel”.

In apologising to the local Jewish community, Ali is saying that an unfounded criticism of the actions of the State of Israel is also an unfounded criticism of the local Jewish community. Ali is in effect holding them responsible for the actions of the State of Israel. Ali’s apology, which is approved by the Leadership of the Labour Party and others, is, according to the Labour Party guidelines, antisemitic.

For some reason Labour’s last panoramically competent appearance in Rochdale also sprung to mind this morning:

View attachment 411941

It’s like a football club who can never beat an opponent regardless of form. Rochdale appear to be Labour’s ‘bogey team’.

The answer to the perennial question, ‘yes, but can Labour do it on a wet Tuesday night in Rochdale’ appears to be an emphatic ‘no’.

Have I got this right?
Someone who was at the Lancashire Labour meeting in October recorded the comments and the recording ended up at The Mail after the selection process had been concluded rather than being shared with the local or national Labour officials before the selection process. ?

Have I got this right?
Someone who was at the Lancashire Labour meeting in October recorded the comments and the recording ended up at The Mail after the selection process had been concluded rather than being shared with the local or national Labour officials before the selection process. ?
Isn't Labour factionalism so much better than other parties' factionalism?

Back
Top Bottom