Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rochdale by-election

Kind of curious as to who the camera operator is there - was it a banner on the side of WPB HQ, or are we just all subject to that level of surveillance when on the street?

Kind of curious as to who the camera operator is there - was it a banner on the side of WPB HQ, or are we just all subject to that level of surveillance when on the street?
If it was a city/town centre camera then probably someone sitting watching a bank of screens and looks at a particular one if something happening
Could be council/community safety/police shared
and yes we are subject to that level of surveillance in busy places with cameras
e2a just watched again and looks like a fixed camera on a building or pole

Last edited:
If it was a city/town centre camera then probably someone sitting watching a bank of screen and looks at a particular one if something happening
Could be council/community safety/police shared
and yes we are subject to that level of surveillance in busy places with cameras
e2a just watched again and looks like a fixed camera on a building or pole
Am i being dumb; if that's the case how did the Stalinist's get hold of it?

Curious as to who the favoured 4 candidates are in this hustings, given Labour and Green candidates de-recognised by their parties? So, Tories, Lib Dems, Galloway’s WPB, Reform? Shutting out Coleman despite his now being endorsed by local Greens and many Labour members?

Lowest ever turnout (during World War 2) was 8.5% in Poplar South, 1942.
Lowest turnout in peace time was 18.2% in Manchester Central, 2012.

Rochdale will be in the middle, I'm very certain of that.

I'm not a betting person but around 11-13 feels right. 15 tops.
Interesting; like you, I wouldn't want to wager anything on that. I get that electorally it's a bit of a non-event, (and who in their right mind would bother to turn out to vote?), but it has had a lot of media attention/publicity. Maybe more people than usual will be aware that there's a by-election going on win their town. Might that mean that the figure isn't super low?

Interesting; like you, I wouldn't want to wager anything on that. I get that electorally it's a bit of a non-event, (and who in their right mind would bother to turn out to vote?), but it has had a lot of media attention/publicity. Maybe more people than usual will be aware that there's a by-election going on win their town. Might that mean that the figure isn't super low?
Sometimes it goes the other way, if you're bombarded with leaflets and door knocking you just want it to stop and turnout suffers. The less than inspiring collection of candidates, disowned candidates, and George Galloway won't exactly have them tearing down the high street to a polling station I suspect.

(Caveat: around 30% Muslim population, whilst not likely to vote 'en banc' as it were, could be an important factor in both turnout and victor)

Sometimes it goes the other way, if you're bombarded with leaflets and door knocking you just want it to stop and turnout suffers. The less than inspiring collection of candidates, disowned candidates, and George Galloway won't exactly have them tearing down the high street to a polling station I suspect.

(Caveat: around 30% Muslim population, whilst not likely to vote 'en banc' as it were, could be an important factor in both turnout and victor)
Ok, if we're having virtual wager; I'll go for 22% turnout.

Yes, that. Lots of things pushing the turnout down, but a well motivated pro Palestine vote. In theory, Galloway has a chance... Ali may well get it as a residual candidate... somebody might even win with around 30% of the vote. Or, if I really had to do a prediction it would be nobody gets over 40%.

It will be absolutely hilarious if the puffed-up charity shop Saddam is denied by a Labour postal vote operation which cranked out enough votes for a candidate they have since dropped.

It will keep Galloway and his deluded membership of a dozen oddballs in conspiracy theories for years- and critically will keep him out of parliament.

Either way the winner of this election will be a stone in Labour's shoe for the next six months.

It will be absolutely hilarious if the puffed-up charity shop Saddam is denied by a Labour postal vote operation which cranked out enough votes for a candidate they have since dropped.

It will keep Galloway and his deluded membership of a dozen oddballs in conspiracy theories for years- and critically will keep him out of parliament.

Either way the winner of this election will be a stone in Labour's shoe for the next six months.
The stolen vote with film of ballot boxes being stuffed with.... :D

MRGA

The banner was on the side of the Sahara restaurant in Rochdale

1708519158892.png

Doesnt look the place to have council cctv tbh

1708519273534.png

I'm not sure what those are on the wall of the restuarant or the poll at the far end but this is the angle that the cctv came from

1708519437055.png

Back
Top Bottom