Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

Endlessly framing 2nd generation immigrants as plucky strivers who grabbed the opportunity so generously given to them by “us” is kind of gross I’m fed up with it and wonder if it will ever end. He did it himself in that speech , ‘this country which has given my family so much’ or whatever . I mean he was born here, shouldn’t have felt the need to say that fake humble stuff but knew he had to because he’s seen as not properly British. I’m child of immigrants too, I don’t feel particularly grateful or plucky, was just born here.
It’s also all part of the “if you only just worked a bit harder…” narrative, the idea that being poor is your fault, rather than a state of affairs deliberately created in order for cunts like him to have the utterly obscene levels of wealth they do.

It's incredibly sad that he's a Tory. He's cute in a nerdy way. Looks to have a tidy figure under his sharp little suits. Every time I see clips of him, I'm struck by how elegant he is. I prefer Tories I can dislike on sight.

It's incredibly sad that he's a Tory. He's cute in a nerdy way. Looks to have a tidy figure under his sharp little suits. Every time I see clips of him, I'm struck by how elegant he is. I prefer Tories I can dislike on sight.
There is a portrait, now in the attic of 10 Downing Street, which depicts his soul and you'd be horrified by its portrayal of our new pm

There is a portrait, now in the attic of 10 Downing Street, which depicts his soul and you'd be horrified by its portrayal of our new pm
Yes, in horror terms, I'm minded of the 'Luther' episode of the serial killer in the attic, wrapped in plastic, meowing like a cat to lure people up there. His soul is probably along those lines. But he's a cute little thing with an air of elegance.

Yes, in horror terms, I'm minded of the 'Luther' episode of the serial killer in the attic, wrapped in plastic, meowing like a cat to lure people up there. His soul is probably along those lines. But he's a cute little thing with an air of elegance.

Plenty of houses to store his spare clothes/staff in.

Anyone who has read the picture of dorian grey will know what sins are etched on the portrait
1666726720616.png

The appointments of Braverman and Barcley to their respective roles by him tell you exactly what type of person he is.

That's my armchair opinion.
That maybe right, but I think it also tells us about the factional state of the party. Some of his appointments today clearly show how tenuous his grip of the waring groups is. Looks like Braverman (and her nut job fanclub) was bought in the process of harvesting nominations and he's stuck with her now until he can fire her like Truss or strengthens his grip to point where he can reshuffle.

Endlessly framing 2nd generation immigrants as plucky strivers who grabbed the opportunity so generously given to them by “us” is kind of gross I’m fed up with it and wonder if it will ever end. He did it himself in that speech , ‘this country which has given my family so much’ or whatever . I mean he was born here, shouldn’t have felt the need to say that fake humble stuff but knew he had to because he’s seen as not properly British. I’m child of immigrants too, I don’t feel particularly grateful or plucky, was just born here.
Everyone knows (and statistics bear it out) that immigrant parents- and ethic minorities generally- place enormous importance on education and bettering yourself. Look at this chart:
C30993E0-E292-4983-A595-1505DFA2F82D.png

I think that’s admirable. He, on the back of his family, has done well. Good for him.

It doesn’t necessarily follow that poor people ‘deserve’ to be poor. The social, political, cultural, and personal pressures on them have been different. We are all influenced but not determined by our upbringing.

Everyone knows (and statistics bear it out) that immigrant parents- and ethic minorities generally- place enormous importance on education and bettering yourself. L

I think that’s admirable. He, on the back of his family, has done well. Good for him.

It doesn’t necessarily follow that poor people ‘deserve’ to be poor. The social, political, cultural, and personal pressures on them have been different. We are all influenced but not determined by our upbringing.

Yeah, we could have all done it...

AAA.png

Everyone knows (and statistics bear it out) that immigrant parents- and ethic minorities generally- place enormous importance on education and bettering yourself. Look at this chart:
View attachment 348883

"Everyone knows."

Yeah, we could have all done it...

View attachment 348884
All those students going to Uni will not have been to 50k pa private schools I can assure you. Across the board- and in working class communities- ethnic minority students out perform white students with respect to academic achievement. Your parents aspiration for you matters. How hard you work makes a difference. Who knew.

All those students going to Uni will not have been to 50k pa private schools I can assure you. Across the board- and in working class communities- ethnic minority students out perform white students with respect to academic achievement. Your parents aspiration for you matters. How hard you work makes a difference. Who knew.
Sunak did go to a very expensive private (public) school and his parents aren't working class -- one's a GP, the other a pharmacist. 🤷‍♀️

Your parents can aspire all they fucking well like, why did you not send your lads to Winchester? Could it be that for each place you'd need £80k salary, per fucking place, regardless of you eating or living at all. These wankers don't shell out that dough for shits and giggles, they are buying privilege for their kids, which massively distorts the way our country is run cos regardless of the ability of these kids, they get the top jobs 100% due to what their parents spent getting them there. Cameron (Eton), May (St Juliana's), Johnston (Eton), Truss (comp. slung her out after 44 days), Sunak (Winchester).

Our country is being run in to the fucking ground by these useless cunts who have got where they are due to their parents paying to get them there.

It's peak public school and precisely why the BBC is imploding too; their parents all paid for privilege for their kids, they landed the jobs cos of that, they employ people who look and sound like them, regardless of their aptitude, cos people who look and sound different are scary.

This Edie, is why your kids don't stand a hope in hell of reaching high office in any state run institution, no matter how fit for the job they probably are.

I find it hard to care what school a person went to. Every child deserves the best. Many don't get it - that's a tragedy we all lose out from - who knows what people could achieve or contribute if they'd had the chance, who knows how much further forward we'd all be if so many people hadn't been held back over the years for all kinds of reasons - gender, race, class, not developing standard intelligence soon enough to avoid being written off, whatever.

Almost every parent gives what they can. Sunak had no say in where his parents sent him to school. It's not fair to hang all these negative stereotypes on him because his parents did what they thought was best for their child. There's enough to critique him for without slating him for things he had no control of - like what family he was born into.

Your parents can aspire all they fucking well like, why did you not send your lads to Winchester? Could it be that for each place you'd need £80k salary, per fucking place, regardless of you eating or living at all. These wankers don't shell out that dough for shits and giggles, they are buying privilege for their kids, which massively distorts the way our country is run cos regardless of the ability of these kids, they get the top jobs 100% due to what their parents spent getting them there. Cameron (Eton), May (St Juliana's), Johnston (Eton), Truss (comp. slung her out after 44 days), Sunak (Winchester).

Our country is being run in to the fucking ground by these useless cunts who have got where they are due to their parents paying to get them there.

It's peak public school and precisely why the BBC is imploding too; their parents all paid for privilege for their kids, they landed the jobs cos of that, they employ people who look and sound like them, regardless of their aptitude, cos people who look and sound different are scary.

This Edie, is why your kids don't stand a hope in hell of reaching high office in any state run institution, no matter how fit for the job they probably are.
How dare you, I named them George and William (all be it he’s never been anything but Billy) for a reason!

I’m not defending the private school system, altho I have every respect for parents who break themselves to send their kids there. There’s nothing wrong on an individual level with giving your kids every advantage you can. I’m pretty sure you’ll have made many decisions- from where you live, what schools they go to, supervising homework, discipline at home and manners outside home, encouraging them to work hard, saving for their future- to do so. I absolutely have with mine, with every resource I have.

I find it hard to care what school a person went to. Every child deserves the best. Many don't get it - that's a tragedy we all lose out from - who knows what people could achieve or contribute if they'd had the chance, who knows how much further forward we'd all be if so many people hadn't been held back over the years for all kinds of reasons - gender, race, class, not developing standard intelligence soon enough to avoid being written off, whatever.
That's a reason to hate public/private schooling right there.
Almost every parent gives what they can. Sunak had no say in where his parents sent him to school. It's not fair to hang all these negative stereotypes on him because his parents did what they thought was best for their child. There's enough to critique him for without slating him for things he had no control of - like what family he was born into.
Well he's clearly quite fond of the place:

Back
Top Bottom