Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

What do you think his view of ‘poor people’ is?
He went to a school that costs nearly £50K a year. He went to Oxford. He made millions as a hedge fund manager. He married a billionaire.

His view of the poor is nothing more than seeing them as statistics to be manipulated in the pursuit of his personal ambitions. They aren’t people. They don’t exist to him. They are simply numbers on a spreadsheet.

Edie Exhibit #1946

What do you think his view of ‘poor people’ is? His creation of furlough was certainly pretty strong evidence of support for people who could not work and of small business, of which he’s a massive supporter. What did he do as chancellor to make you say he’d take the piss out of ‘poor people’?
The TUC and its member unions claim to have had a major influence in the introduction and form of the furlough scheme.

Whatever the extent of the truth of this claim, it certainly wasn't Sunak's creation; rather it could be seen (from his point of view) as an unfortunately unavoidable option in the context of an international pandemic (this is especially the case when set aside other treasury responses such as eat out to help out and opposition to lock downs).

Furlough wasn't Sunak's brilliant and generous brainchild, not his creation. It was something campaigned for by many others in circumstances which meant he couldn't avoid engaging with it.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

He went to a school that costs nearly £50K a year. He went to Oxford. He made millions as a hedge fund manager. He married a billionaire.

His view of the poor is nothing more than seeing them as statistics to be manipulated in the pursuit of his personal ambitions. They aren’t people. They don’t exist to him. They are simply numbers on a spreadsheet.
That’s projection. His background is privileged, but his family have worked hard as immigrants to provide that advantage. He’s made the most of it. And British society, to our credit, has given him opportunity.

Edie Exhibit #1944

Haha I’d forgotten about that 😆 That’s fucking laughable. Yes, point taken.

17 billion in cuts last year

This one is fun. Everyone on the dead queen thread better start single full stopping posts like fuck

Eat out to spread it all about killed how many thousands of people?

Writing off billions of pounds of furlough fraud.

Writing off tens of billions of money stolen by his mates in the guise of pandemic products.

Yeah he's got a kind face, but he's scum and not really very good, he just looks competent due to the shower of crap that has proceeded him recently.

Eat out to spread it all about killed how many thousands of people?

Writing off billions of pounds of furlough fraud.

Writing off tens of billions of money stolen by his mates in the guise of pandemic products.

Yeah he's got a kind face, but he's scum and not really very good, he just looks competent due to the shower of crap that has proceeded him recently.
I dunno mate. Very fucking easy to judge from the armchair, much harder at the sharp edge I’m sure.

We'll have fresh ammunition when detail emerges via the 'trick or treat out to help out' budget next week.

I dunno mate. Very fucking easy to judge from the armchair, much harder at the sharp edge I’m sure.

Not sure when faced with 10's of billions of pounds clearly stolen, with entities such as the Good Law Project identifying the thieves and how much they stole that the sharp edge involves shrugging your shoulders and letting you and me work our tits off to replenish the coffers rather than going after the thieving fuckers who nicked it all. *armchair view

That’s projection. His background is privileged, but his family have worked hard as immigrants to provide that advantage. He’s made the most of it. And British society, to our credit, has given him opportunity.
It’s not projection. The world he has lived in for his entire life has no reference whatsoever to the poor. They simply don’t exist. This is why people like him can talk of cutting £5 a week from someone’s benefits without blinking, because they have literally no concept that such an amount could be the difference between being able to feed your kids or not. It is a world they cannot comprehend.

his family have worked hard as immigrants to provide that advantage. He’s made the most of it. And British society, to our credit, has given him opportunity.
Endlessly framing 2nd generation immigrants as plucky strivers who grabbed the opportunity so generously given to them by “us” is kind of gross I’m fed up with it and wonder if it will ever end. He did it himself in that speech , ‘this country which has given my family so much’ or whatever . I mean he was born here, shouldn’t have felt the need to say that fake humble stuff but knew he had to because he’s seen as not properly British. I’m child of immigrants too, I don’t feel particularly grateful or plucky, was just born here.

Endlessly framing 2nd generation immigrants as plucky strivers who grabbed the opportunity so generously given to them by “us” is kind of gross I’m fed up with it and wonder if it will ever end. He did it himself in that speech , ‘this country which has given me so much’ etc or whatever . I mean he was born here, shouldn’t have felt the need to say that but knew he had to. I’m child of immigrants too, I don’t feel particularly grateful or plucky, was just born here.

Yeah, but "levelling up".

We're all going to be rich, I tell you - RICH!!!

Back
Top Bottom