Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

This is the western Buddhist order, so people who’ve decided to go learn to meditate and all that. Anyway, it’s a tangent but friend says she’s not a member just hangs out there but also says there’s several of them, she has supporters in there an anti-woke crew, who yield a disproportionate influence on the community.

The overlap between western conceptions of eastern religion and woo, cultiness, anti-vax bullshit etc is significant. So 'being a tory' doesn't seem that much of a stretch. Conspirituality. Although apparently the person who coined that term has now gone a bit woo themselves (not the podcast/site you find if you search it, think they're alright), so er... yeah.

Test: Number 10's twitter formatting appears to crop all the announced cabinet's heads when copied. It amused me scrolling through the graun feed.

This is the western Buddhist order, so people who’ve decided to go learn to meditate and all that. Anyway, it’s a tangent but friend says she’s not a member just hangs out there but also says there’s several of them, she has supporters in there an anti-woke crew, who yield a disproportionate influence on the community.

Seems an interesting fit given Triratna's main tenets:

1. Not harming other sentient beings, but actively practising kindness.

2. Not taking that which another is unwilling to give, but actively practising generosity.

3. Not indulging our sexual (or other) cravings in ways that harm others or ourselves, but actively cultivating stillness, simplicity, and contentment.

4. Not speaking falsely, but making a definite practice of honesty.

5. Not clouding our mind with drink or drugs, but actively cultivating mindfulness and awareness.

Michael Gove back at LUHC

twitter link

Last time the Health Service Journal said "never has a politician arrived in the post of health secretary trailing a worse reputation among NHS leaders."

More on that from back in July:

“A real nightmare, vindictive, arrogant, a bully, hostile to the NHS and all its works, a micro-manager of the wrong things, views NHS management as bloated and profligate.”

Oh and also:

Mr Barclay’s suspicion of every NHS business case while at the Treasury was perhaps best characterised by his decision to block the start of the vaccination programme in late 2020. NHS England chief executive Sir Simon Stevens (as he then was) got on with it anyway, and the official go-ahead duly arrived a month or so later.

Last edited:
Wasnt sunak one of them that was partying during lockdown?
I doubt it. He’s teetotal, practicing Hindu, very family oriented, and from what I’ve read quite principled. Even if you disagree with his politics. His Dad sounds like a legend.

I doubt it. He’s teetotal, practicing Hindu, very family oriented, and from what I’ve read quite principled. Even if you disagree with his politics. His Dad sounds like a legend.

I thought he had been fined for something or other during Partygate...

Wasnt sunak one of them that was partying during lockdown?

Not really, he turned-up for a meeting, which had been hijacked by Carrie bringing Boris a cake, I always thought that it was odd that the two of them got fined for that event, it was very minor compared to actual parties that went on, and plenty of opportunities to fine Johnson for attending some of them.

I thought he had been fined for something or other during Partygate...
From what you read about him as a man, do you think that even if he was there briefly, he was getting pissed and taking the piss like Johnson et al?

From what you read about him as a man, do you think that even if he was there briefly, he was getting pissed and taking the piss like Johnson et al?

Dunno about pissed, heard he was more of a coke man.
Pisstaking would probably depend on whether the subject of poor people came up.

Back
Top Bottom