Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

That depends how much influence the ERG retains over the Parliamentary Conservative Party, post-the political demise of 2 PMs they supported.
I think Mogg & his rimjobs like Francois are on the down, with MPs thinking "what the fuck have they done, except cause turmoil, & profit from chaos?".
They're threatening to tank the government if they don't get their way re: Northern Ireland. I guess she's a sop

We are told that he is an enthusiastic support of the Rwanda policy, so its not really a surprise Braverman is back, especially given her support for him during the leadership contest.

The lack of new faces, making this cabinet mostly a remix of the Johnson and Truss eras, wont help them create the impression this is a new government, it will tether a big chunk of their reputation to the past regimes.
It’s a bit of a ‘best of’. Guess there’s no talent in the party.

Rishi is aligned with her on immigration according to Sky just now. Which swamp do they drag these people from?

The swamp of government figures that cannot and will not do to the bigger immigration picture what their racist etc supporters really want, so they have to come up with a big flagship bullshit policy that makes them seem tough on the issue without really changing the immigration picture.

The swamp of government figures that cannot and will not do to the bigger immigration picture what their racist etc supporters really want, so they have to come up with a big flagship bullshit policy that makes them seem tough on the issue without really changing the immigration picture.
In the meantime, refugees are treated appallingly

Who they?

Chloe Smith is the hapless balloon who was once the bright new face of Cameronism and was then demolished by Paxman on Newsnight a couple of years later- the real life Ben Swain.

Liz Truss disinterred her from the political crypt for reasons best known to herself. Smith's time in government was an aberration in anotherwise uninterrupted flatline of inconsequence.

Vicky Ford is just a nonentity, ex-MEP, lietime political grifter, was a Minister of State

It’s a bit of a ‘best of’. Guess there’s no talent in the party.

They are also still firmly stuck in the fake 'pro Brexit' era, despite the Truss administration accidentally demolishing what the headbangers thought could be achieved via the 'freedoms of Brexit'.

So while Truss killed a particular headbanger vision of post-Brexit Britain, the crisis she caused can now join the list of other factors which cause economic woe that can be used to disguise the impact of Brexit. That list is now post-Covid damage, Ukraine war, general global economic woe and inflation, and the Trussterfuck.

They're threatening to tank the government if they don't get their way re: Northern Ireland. I guess she's a sop

Not sure that will work a second time - it wouldn't have worked the first time, had May called their bluff (as in say it was her deal or no Brexit, not her deal or no deal).

The interesting fact I’ve learned today is that suella braverman is an active member of the triratra Buddhist community (biggest Buddhist org in uk). How that works for her or for them idk.

The interesting fact I’ve learned today is that suella braverman is an active member of the triratra Buddhist community (biggest Buddhist org in uk). How that works for her or for them idk.

The ones that had a massive sex scandal about a decade ago.

I stand corrected but I think Sunak's voting record includes repealing the 1998 Human Rights Act, turning all primary and secondary schools into 'academies' (shifting control from local authorities to central government) and remaining absent when voting on same sex marriage and equal gay rights. He also signed off and funded the immoral Asylum Partnership Agreement deal with Rwanda. And, of course, let's not forget this:

Not my idea of a levelling up, kind nor trustworthy PM. Whatsoever.

Yeah, and the ones I have met seem very sincere about that.
I can't see them welcoming someone like her.
I’ve just sent a wtf query about it to my friebd in there. Does seem crazy, their one big idea is ‘don’t cause suffering’

Reactions: Sue
The goings on in Burma and Sri Lanka blew apart the 'Buddhists are all shiny happy people' dogma quite some time ago

The goings on in Burma and Sri Lanka blew apart the 'Buddhists are all shiny happy people' dogma quite some time ago
This is the western Buddhist order, so people who’ve decided to go learn to meditate and all that. Anyway, it’s a tangent but friend says she’s not a member just hangs out there but also says there’s several of them, she has supporters in there an anti-woke crew, who yield a disproportionate influence on the community.

"You've broken the ministerial code. I'm afraid this is a resignation matter."

"No Prime Minister, please, do I really have to do this???!!!"

"Don't worry about it, we'll put Shappsy in for 4 days then it's all yours again"

Back
Top Bottom