Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

Was speaking to a Belgian guy and he reckoned Allaphilipe has been spotted around there, they haven’t been themselves, have they?
He's leading the team on Monday at Itzulia/Basque Country. Remco is also there.
It's not just the classics that QS have been failing in - in all but one of the World Tour races this year they have underperformed compared to last year's results.

Anyone seen this news
BBC News - Emily Bridges: Transgender cyclist will not race in women's National Omnium event
I heard about this. I will purposely not comment further. It gets toxic pretty quickly.
Pippa York makes some good points in her Cafe Ride feature.

Looking at it from another angle, if you were Laura Kenny for example, would you be happy to compete against her?
Didn't something similar happen before the last Olympics? Was it a tennis player that time?

Blimey, that was some finish :eek:
I had a couple of quid each way on Madouas at 100/1 and for a milisecond I thought he might have had the chance of winning right at the end. Whereas a minute before that I was sure he was going to get caught and not podium. Good race,

I had a couple of quid each way on Madouas at 100/1 and for a milisecond I thought he might have had the chance of winning right at the end. Whereas a minute before that I was sure he was going to get caught and not podium. Good race,
There’s a cracking finish brewing for the women’s race too.

Strange symmetry in the men & women's final KM, it seemed obvious who was going to win. Could AMVVeulten have gone early? perhaps she was too tired.

Good win for Kristoff today at Scheldeprijs, apparently the first race he’s ever won solo.

It’s also good to see Wanty doing so well, makes a change from the usual big teams.

Good win for Kristoff today at Scheldeprijs, apparently the first race he’s ever won solo.

It’s also good to see Wanty doing so well, makes a change from the usual big teams.

Apparently he has done it before...in 2009!!!! Some of those people on the CN forum have a huge knowledge!!

With you on Intermarche/Wanty. I thought it was a bit of a joke when they bought that licence and thought they'd be doomed but they're doing good and have some really likeable riders such as Taco and also a star of the future in Girmay.

From the Tour of the Basque Country earlier. Very fortunate and not badly hurt

Eh? It was brilliant. Fantastic racing, a course that suits a variety of riders, a nail biting finish, and drama with the result.

What more do you want from a bike race? :hmm:
People who can organise basic shit. That photo finish was a disgrace. At least Cosnefroy took it well.
And they seemed to go to great lengths to outdo the Belgians on street furniture. Plus the parked cars everywhere...I thought I was watching the Tour of Britain at times.

Watching with the telly muted because I literally cannot bear Carlton's pish a second longer.

Back
Top Bottom