Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2022

I like days like this. I can watch and genuinely think “yeah, I could do that”.

Until they wind the pace back up for the sprint at any rate :hmm:

Slightly more interesting today than yesterday with the tight bend near the finish. Wonder if there will be mountains tomorrow. 😂
Has Cav peaked to early, will Bennett get it tomorrow 🤔

The UAE Tour just seems like a series of club runs.
Thankfully Opening Weekend starts on Saturday with another couple of decent one day races in France as well.

The discussion has been opened - if fit, does Cab race in the TDF?
He has to be more than fit, he has to be faster (and more consistent) than Fabio which I very much doubt.
I suppose they could bring both but that would screw up whatever plans Alaphilippe has.
I'm with Fabio.

The feeling was a single win at the TDF for Cav will make worldwide news which will out do anything anyone else can do. It would be publicity that
money could not buy. Why wouldn't you sned him.
Possibly the most interesting yet irksome thing watching the tour of UAE is reading the pop ups extolling the benefits of the largest marina ever built Etc.
At least this year will hopefully be a normal year of racing and there will be some great stuff to look forward to. It could be an interesting year as the
old guard continues to move on and the new youngsters continue to make their mark.

Heart (and head) says Fabio after that horrific crash in Pologne and if he wins on the Champs that'll be decent publicity too though not nearly as much as Cav whose record would stand for years or at least until Pogacar turns 30.

Help!!! I think I'm becoming a hilly classics fan over cobbles. The Faun-Ardeche was more fun than the Omloop.

Strade Bianche this weekend. Possibly my favourite race of the year. It’s just so pretty. And that final climb into the campo is magnificent. Especially if you’re MvdP and drop a quite ridiculous wattage bomb on it…

Pog to win then I’d guess.
Got well beaten by Ala last year; 2nd and 7th respectively. But, then again, that was last year.
That kid Covi (UAE) looks good, also young Mauro Schmidt (Quickstep) who won the gravel stage at the 21 Giro. Both options if their team leaders play tactics.

In a way I'm glad WVA and MvdP aren't racing as that'll be all the talk. Thing to remember is that both of them only have one Monument apiece (yeah I know SB isn't a Monument) despite all the hype. I've a feeling though that Van Aert will win one of the big ones this year but there's always an Ala, Colbrelli, Stuyven, Asgreen, Bettiol lurking around that can spoil the party.

Amazing win by Pog. Just as impressive is Valverde this year coming 2nd in this. He also recently won stage 3 of the Galician O Gran Camino and then won overall in stage 4s TT against Michael Woods.
He'll be 42 in April :eek: Does experience trump youth ?

Back
Top Bottom