Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pro Cycling 2021

All that hyped talent at INEOS and Jake Stewart gets a podium with none of them in the top ten. Anyway, forza Ballerini - what a great addition to the Quickstep classics squad.
Quite an odd finish that though, don't think anyone had really planned for a big bunch getting to the line.

Impressive signs from Pidcock, that point when he bridged over to the leading group was one hell of an effort.

Quite an odd finish that though, don't think anyone had really planned for a big bunch getting to the line.

Impressive signs from Pidcock, that point when he bridged over to the leading group was one hell of an effort.

“Julian tried his chance and showed his panache, but the headwind worked against him. When he got caught, he told me that it would be my day and the entire team will work for me, and when the World Champion tells you this, it gives you extra strength"

Another bit of praise for GNN+ - that’s the first time I’ve seen a post race analysis show where the women’s race didn’t have the feeling of an afterthought, they gave it the same level of respect as the mens.

Van der Poel is riding Le Samyn on Tuesday. Cav also starts. Glad to see it's getting some marquee names as it is a great little race. Probably the best course in Wallonia.

I’m looking forward to Strade Bianche at the weekend. I think it’s my favourite race of the year.

Always the Ronde for me and I like the Worlds mainly just cos it's such a big prize but after that Strade for sure. But do watch Le Samyn. Because of Flandrian influences it only usually attracts second-stringers in the Classics squad but it's tough affair and some kids usually manage to shine.

I love this time of the year before the peloton has to ride round countries for three weeks to get the sponsorship in. I think DQS have 25 race days in March. Incredible.

You can see him chuck something off to the side at 1:50:27, which I suspect is the actual bar. I think the bit flopping about is just the hood/leaver.

Wilier Felante for me I think... not in Astana colours though, red please.

Conversely not a fan of the pinarello look. Kind of get what they’re going for, just doesn’t really work.

I wanted Ala to win and also had money on him but you got to hold your hands up to that.
The two most entertaining riders first and second.

Hats off to Bernal as well, for a guy who’s basically designed to climb big mountains keeping up with those 2 monsters was impressive.

Another cracking ride from Pidcock also. To be holding your own for that long in a group of riders that included the current world champions of road and CX, plus 2 TdF winners, isn’t half bad.

Porte DNF.

Over the four races of the weekend, Quickstep have two firsts and two seconds. They're like the Man City of cycling - you never know whose going to step up and score.

Back
Top Bottom