Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

Harry and Meghan rage at 'cruel punishment' after Charles 'decided to evict them from Frogmore Cottage just 24 HOURS after Spare was published': 'Stunned' couple are already moving furniture to California including ottoman bench and chaise longue​

Lol... Andrew currently has 30 bedrooms in his house paid for by us. He's being downgraded to a mere 5 bedrooms (of which we paid for the redecoration of - until they were kicked out of the family and had to pay it back - to Charles, not to us).

And Harold and Megz now have to make do with their own mansion in the Californian hills. As to how Harold is allowed to freely travel between the US and the UK after openly admitting he was a coke fiend :confused:

We have also had two women presidents.
Mickey D happens to be very decent...and is genuinely very likeable.
Ireland's not a great place to point at when decrying the idea of a constitutional president. The country has done pretty well with its choices over the last three decades.

Being an amateur at something doesn't mean you're pretending, though .. from one angle, all humans are amateur psychologists. Comes as standard doesn't it? Competence massively variable obvs.

I’ve never really understood the ‘I’d rather have a flawed Royal as head of State than President Boris Johnson or Donald Trump’ argument that monarchists regularly put forward. Heads of State in non-monarchic democratic nations can be removed by the electorate at the next election if they are deemed unfit for purpose. Which we can’t do here no matter how rotten the incumbent monarch might turn out to be.

I’ve never really understood the ‘I’d rather have a flawed Royal as head of State than President Boris Johnson or Donald Trump’ argument that monarchists regularly put forward. Heads of State in non-monarchic democratic nations can be removed by the electorate at the next election if they are deemed unfit for purpose. Which we can’t do here no matter how rotten the incumbent monarch might turn out to be.
I can only think monarchists must be happy to financially support nonces

Being an amateur at something doesn't mean you're pretending, though .. from one angle, all humans are amateur psychologists. Comes as standard doesn't it? Competence massively variable obvs.
Nah, all humans mentalise but aren’t psychologists.

I'm just curious as to how he's gonna fill another two books. When even the first one didn't exactly have a smoking gun. They blew their load in the Oprah interview and when that was fact-checked even that was highly questionable.
There will be a few more volumes about how shittily they have been treated since they wrote their books.

Abrupt notes telling them to leave Frogmore, refund the decorating costs, side seat at the Coronation, not allowed to wear his favourite hat, maybe a showdown at some point, told off by the Army etc etc etc.

I'm quite looking forward to the highlights.

Last edited:
Nah, all humans mentalise but aren’t psychologists.
We form joint attention with others from an early age. And from that we form joint intentions. That requires us to consider the minds of others - what do I know you know, what do I know you know I know you know, etc. And from that comes the realisation that you're not me, you have your own things going on that I need to understand if I am to form joint intentions with you. That's doing psychology, no?

We form joint attention with others from an early age. And from that we form joint intentions. That requires us to consider the minds of others - what do I know you know, what do I know you know I know you know, etc. And from that comes the realisation that you're not me, you have your own things going on that I need to understand if I am to form joint intentions with you. That's doing psychology, no?
No

We also make excuses for others. They act like that because X,Y,Z. We tell stories about why people are as they are. We try to understand. I think that crosses the boundary into doing psychology.

That is mentalisation, which is one of many psychological theories. Psychology is the scientific study of the mind, brain, behaviour etc. and both creates and is driven by theory.

Those other fuckers can do my end of term essay then.

That is mentalisation, which is one of many psychological theories. Psychology is the scientific study of the mind, brain, behaviour etc. and both creates and is driven by theory.
This may be recursive in an Ouroboros kind of way, but is it then a theory of psychology that we are all amateur psychologists?

Here's a uni exam paper.
Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 23.31.32.png

q.1 Not sure I understand the question, and not knowing exactly what they mean by 'schema', I'd probably go off in the wrong direction.
q.2 Can't answer that.
q.3 I definitely could waffle an answer to that. I'm sure it wouldn't score many marks, but I might well say one or two good things.
q.4 I'd have a stab at that and probably say a bunch of things that they're not looking for. Doesn't mean what I would say would be wrong, though.
q.5 I'd say a bunch of things in answer to that question that wouldn't be what they're after. I'd certainly miss important things, not having read the relevant texts. But it wouldn't be a totally useless answer.
q.6 Can't answer that. Don't know what it is.

They only want two answers. I'd go for qs 3. and 4. I'd fail no doubt. But as an amateur psychologist, I wouldn't be totally hopeless. ;)

And cut out the misogyny please.
Changed out of courtesy to you, offence was not my intention, its just a word.

i'll not use it again. I wouldn't want to put people off their soy lattes.

If you can't express your opinion without anti-woman language it isn't an opinion worth holding. Not to mention it shows you up as a wanker's wanker

You've outed yourself as a blinkered misogynist fuckwit, you're definitely in a hole
The irony of your hypocrisy wasn't lost on this fuckwit :D

out of curiosity if a woman calls another woman that same word is it still misogyny - its still directed to a female at the end of the day🤔

It's a contribution to a culture of misogyny. As if words don't matter in human interactions. What's weak is lacking the restraint to express yourself better.
To you it maybe but to me its a word used in my everyday life, others can take it as they like but to me its used by my circle of friends/ colleagues (including women) as normal swear words, it makes me laugh at the way people cringe at the use of cunt - again, its just another word.
Saying that, i don't use those words outside of the people i know won't take it to heart. the same way i don't use them around children. It's all about context. And i know now not to use it on here again.
It's irrelevant anyway people on here see me as a woman hating idiot. i'm fine with that as they don't know me and their opinions don't matter to me. i'm not here to make friends i have enough outside the internet :)

I'm sure it will please the thread to know thats me done with this, its a waste of time and energy.

To you it maybe but to me its a word used in my everyday life, others can take it as they like but to me its used by my circle of friends/ colleagues (including women) as normal swear words, it makes me laugh at the way people cringe at the use of cunt - again, its just another word.
Saying that, i don't use those words outside of the people i know won't take it to heart. the same way i don't use them around children. It's all about context. And i know now not to use it on here again.
It's irrelevant anyway people on here see me as a woman hating idiot. i'm fine with that as they don't know me and their opinions don't matter to me. i'm not here to make friends i have enough outside the internet :)

I'm sure it will please the thread to know thats me done with this, its a waste of time and energy.

If cunt is just a word, you surely won't object to being labelled one, you cunt.

Our entire reality is constructed from words, and from the narrative elements that those word make. The concept of a “gold-digging bitch” taps into a shared idea of women, acting to reproduce and normalise the assumptions that underlie the idea. You can only use it as a shorthand in the first place because you know that we know what you mean by it. And by using that little linguistic shorthand, by being able to assume that we’re all on the same page that one category of “woman” is “gold-digging bitch”, we all share this common reality. And that re-makes this reality as something that is part of our culture.

That’s why people object, spellbinder. It’s not to do with an individual attack on one woman, and it’s not to do with not “liking” a single word. It’s because the phrase as a whole speaks to a worldview that is misogynistic, and they don’t want the assumptions that lie behind that worldview to pass freely.

This may be recursive in an Ouroboros kind of way, but is it then a theory of psychology that we are all amateur psychologists?

Here's a uni exam paper.
View attachment 365113

q.1 Not sure I understand the question, and not knowing exactly what they mean by 'schema', I'd probably go off in the wrong direction.
q.2 Can't answer that.
q.3 I definitely could waffle an answer to that. I'm sure it wouldn't score many marks, but I might well say one or two good things.
q.4 I'd have a stab at that and probably say a bunch of things that they're not looking for. Doesn't mean what I would say would be wrong, though.
q.5 I'd say a bunch of things in answer to that question that wouldn't be what they're after. I'd certainly miss important things, not having read the relevant texts. But it wouldn't be a totally useless answer.
q.6 Can't answer that. Don't know what it is.

They only want two answers. I'd go for qs 3. and 4. I'd fail no doubt. But as an amateur psychologist, I wouldn't be totally hopeless. ;)
If you’re volunteering to do psychology essays, do you fancy having a go at one of these…? Take that amateur psychologising up to the Masters level!

Summative Essay: A written assignment, 3,000 words in length, excluding references

1. Do contemporary public spheres support or hinder common ground? Discuss drawing on the relationship between representations and communication.
2. Social change depends on the transformation of social representations. Discuss.
3. Processes of social representation objectify and anchor the unfamiliar in order to accommodate innovation and difference in public spheres. Discuss this claim through the critical analysis of theory and research as they apply to one empirical domain of your choice.
4. Encounters between different knowledges are a central characteristic of complex public spheres. Based on an empirical example of your choice, discuss the psychosocial process involved in these encounters in relation to EITHER
a) alternative representations OR
b) the status and power of different forms of knowledge.
5. Critically evaluate the role of social representations in relating selfhood to social identities.

Back
Top Bottom