Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

Probably as a racist Britain story. That's the global angle.

Hasn’t it all come from the press? I haven’t seen anything about people in general saying or doing anything racist to Meghan apart from them (the press) trying to stir shit so much harder than they did with Kate.

The press in the UK is dominated by right wing hate rags. The centre right rags like the Guardian now fill with hate filled comments on discussions of race, Empire etc. Place is fucked.

Going off topic but still on Britain and international perceptions...the British High Commissioner to New Zealand wrote an article in the Guardian entitled "Here's why the UK wants to heal the scars of its colonial past with Maori." The title was rapidly changed to "Here's why the UK wants to strengthen its relationship with Maori". Dominic Cummings probably saw the first title and fucking freaked out as scars=violence=reparations. No New Zealand paper wanted to carry this, hence the really fucking odd position of the British High Comm choosing the most liberal rag she could find in the UK and using it to direct a message to New Zealand. You can't get much more imperial but I guess the irony was lost. I'm all for a Cambridge graduate having a woke moment once she goes to the former frontier and sees the shit from Empire, but it looks to the NZ government like the British one hasn't a fucking clue what it's doing and is nervous about negotiating with a country that has 35 years of bilateral and multilateral treaty experience. The UK via its media managed to make itself look weak and foolish before the executive of a tiny country (I am extremely reliably informed.)

Screenshot_20200103-081245.jpg

Going off topic but still on Britain and international perceptions...the British High Commissioner to New Zealand wrote an article in the Guardian entitled "Here's why the UK wants to heal the scars of its colonial past with Maori." The title was rapidly changed to "Here's why the UK wants to strengthen its relationship with Maori". Dominic Cummings probably saw the first title and fucking freaked out as scars=violence=reparations. No New Zealand paper wanted to carry this, hence the really fucking odd position of the British High Comm choosing the most liberal rag she could find in the UK and using it to direct a message to New Zealand. You can't get much more imperial but I guess the irony was lost. I'm all for a Cambridge graduate having a woke moment once she goes to the former frontier and sees the shit from Empire, but it looks to the NZ government like the British one hasn't a fucking clue what it's doing and is nervous about negotiating with a country that has 35 years of bilateral and multilateral treaty experience. The UK via its media managed to make itself look weak and foolish before the executive of a tiny country (I am extremely reliably informed.)

View attachment 195670
when i saw this The Clash's 40 greatest songs – ranked! i knew there was no way back for the guardian

I'm amazed by all the furore this is stirring up. All just for wanting something else for their lives and not just an endless series of official royal engagements and all the other bullshittery to be poured over and critiqued by the press.

They had that royal 'super fan' on telly the other day. That odd bloke who camps outside hospitals at royal births dressed in union jacks. You'd think someone had died ffs. He needs to get out more.

I'm amazed by all the furore this is stirring up. All just for wanting something else for their lives and not just an endless series of official royal engagements and all the other bullshittery to be poured over and critiqued by the press.

They had that royal 'super fan' on telly the other day. That odd bloke who camps outside hospitals at royal births dressed in union jacks. You'd think someone had died ffs. He needs to get out more often.
he obviously is out when he shouldn't be. he should stay in or be put down humanely.

I think the negative press started with Meghan when she refused to pose on the steps of the hospital, freshly stitched up and exhausted, in a bad dress for the waiting press pack and royal fanboys. A la Diana and Kate.
It all spiralled from there.

I seem to remember her being roasted by the press for not wearing tights. Or was that Kate? Who knows.

Spin off from this shit. Amna Saleem writes Harry and Meghan were meant to embody post-racial Britain. So much for that | Amna Saleem
Threats of violence, rape follow. Goes onto TV and is talked over by Iain McWhirter, pro-indy journo, who explains race not relevant to the young couples decision.

His wife, Tiffany Jenkins, makes a career out of opposing the return of cultural property stolen by the British. Scratch these liberals and fuck, man, you find an imperialist.

Trudeau picking up the security cost. Cover for blackface photos I guess. Can't be racist as I'm picking up the cost of a young couple fleeing race hate.

US saying to British elite why the fuck can't you call your attack dogs off a high-profile American citizen when you're going to be coming for a trade deal? And what's with that extradition request? Are you guys fucking NUTS? And you wonder why we didn't tell you about the general?

Big Mike will crush li'l Dom

lead_720_405.jpg

Britain: no racism here. In 2015 we all paid off the bankers who paid out the aristos who lost slaves when we freed them after enslaving them. Pat on the back, fellas! Strike a fucking two pound coin about it and we can all move on and shut the fuck up you at the back.

Fuck's sake.

Buzzfeed have done a good job showing the media’s double standards. I’ve seen so many ignorant pricks on social media ranting about how much they hate Merkel and that she’s evil etc. I’m sure some of them are just racist scum but others are just thickos (Boris fans probably) who uncritically lap up the propaganda of the vermin media. Scary how the vermin media can indoctrinate people into racism without them even knowing.

Buzzfeed have done a good job showing the media’s double standards. I’ve seen so many ignorant pricks on social media ranting about how much they hate Merkel and that she’s evil etc. I’m sure some of them are just racist scum but others are just thickos (Boris fans probably) who uncritically lap up the propaganda of the vermin media. Scary how the vermin media can indoctrinate people into racism without them even knowing.

Wow, that is astonishing. It's like they actually referred to the earlier articles when writing them and then had a good laugh about how the thickies would react.

Back
Top Bottom