Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Harry

The fantasy ...

The reality ...

"He (then Daily Mirror journalist James Hipwell) also said that it was inconceivable that Mr Morgan, the editor, did not know that he was publishing stories that had come about as a result of phone hacking."

The Duke of Sussex and others -v- MGN Limited [2023] EWHC 3217 (Ch), para 85, ps21-22

Mr Morgan responded to my question by initially asking me which network provider I used for my mobile phone. I told him which network I was on and Mr Morgan told me the default PIN for that network. He then explained that the default PIN numbers were well known and rarely changed, which is how mobile phone messages could be accessed remotely using the default PIN number. He said to me, “That was how we got the story on Sven and Ulrika”, with a smile, or words to that effect.

The Duke of Sussex and others -v- MGN Limited [2023] EWHC 3217 (Ch), para 93, p23

"In the case of Mr Morgan, the evidence relied on is limited, as I have explained. It appears from what MGN volunteered about not calling Mr Morgan that he was not invited to give evidence on MGN’s behalf to avoid a “side show” distracting from the key issues at trial, though MGN’s pleaded case does state that MGN had obtained evidence from Mr Morgan about the allegations. Mr Morgan has stated publicly on several occasions that although he knew about phone hacking, he has never hacked a phone or instructed anyone to hack a phone or made use of phone hacking. It is therefore possible that he might have said that he told board members about it: he did talk about it in front of the then chairman at lunch"

"In the event, in view of the oral evidence that was given, the documentary evidence and the conclusions that I have reached about the 14 Incidents, it is unnecessary to rely on any adverse inference from the absence of Mr Morgan from the witness box in reaching conclusions about board and legal department
knowledge of VMI ..."

The Duke of Sussex and others -v- MGN Limited [2023] EWHC 3217 (Ch), paras 319-329, p75

"Mr Omid Scobie, a journalist with a particular interest in writing about the lives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, gave evidence that, when a student of journalism, he spent a week on the showbiz desk of The People and a week with the Mirror’s “3am” team. At The People, he said that he was given a list of mobile telephone numbers and a detailed verbal description of how to listen to voicemails, as if it were a standard newsgathering technique. He said that on one day at the Mirror, Mr Morgan came over to discuss an article being written about Kylie Minogue and James Gooding and asked how confident the team were in the story. He was told that the information had come from voicemails. There is an article about Minogue and Gooding dated 11 May 2002 bylined to James Scott, who was one of the showbiz journalists and a known phone hacker. There is an invoice from TDI to Mr Scott dated 7 May 2002 for “extensive inquiries carried out on your behalf” (for £170) and the mobile telephone numbers of both subjects were in Mr Scott’s Palm Pilot. These documents bear out Mr Scobie’s recollection."

"Mr Scobie was pressed hard about the likely veracity of these accounts, about some evidence that he gave in the Duchess of Sussex’s litigation, and about his motive in giving evidence on behalf of the claimants. He said that he remembered the incidents very well because it was at such a formative stage of his education in journalism and he was shocked by what he learnt. I found Mr Scobie to be a straightforward and reliable witness and I accept what he said about Mr Morgan’s involvement in the Minogue/Gooding story. No evidence was called by MGN to contradict it"

The Duke of Sussex and others -v- MGN Limited [2023] EWHC 3217 (Ch), paras 330-331, ps77-78

I'll pin him down: he's a(nother) ranting, dissembling manchild and politics as such don't come into it. An amoral provocateur who'll say anything you pay him to say if it'll piss someone off - though he personally can't stand criticism (especially if it has merit)

How am I doing so far?

Who are you talking about? Morgan or Harry?

(another vote for both are despicable)

eta: I can't believe I actually clicked on the thread. And then, I added a post.

Never mind me, just passing through.

Who are you talking about? Morgan or Harry?

I know Hazza is a product of insane and absurd privilege but beyond that general point I don't really have anything against him personally. And the fact that the Piers Morgans of this world hate him so vitriolically is actually a point in his favour tbh. If I had to have a pint with one or the other, I'm pretty sure Harry would provide the better company.

It’s a horrible choice, but I think Morgan would have a rich store of gossipy anecdotes, and would be much more accustomed to singing for his supper than Windsor.

Harry was born into a world of privilege and power without responsibility and family dysfunction. That’s probably why he is a selfish cunt.

Morgan chose to be a duplicitous ego maniacal man child with a streak of self importance a mile wide.

That’s the difference. At least Harry would bring drugs.

Last edited:
Harry was born into a world of privilege and power without responsibility and family dysfunction. That’s probably why he is a selfish cunt.

Morgan chose to be a duplicitous ego maniacal man child with a streak of self importance a Mike wide.

That’s the difference. At least Harry would bring drugs.

The new Harry wouldn't be bringing drugs I don't think. I wouldn't last half a pint with either though. Although at least Morgan's a self made man unlike the parasite who's still whining about us not paying for his bodyguards from his £14m mansion in california.

I once saw a very satisfying clip of the fuckwit batting against England cricketers. They were basically just assaulting him as if he was old Don Bradman.
I’ll see I can find it…

If the question is, who would I like to spend an evening in the pub with, then Piers, egotistical little shit bag that he is, would be a far more entertaining evening guest than Harry. Harry would be very dull, probably order something like a kale smoothie or some weird avocado drink then not say much before excusing himself.

Piers is way too up himself to not start dishing the dirt on lots of celebs as soon as he's 2 pints in.

In other news, his ghost writer Scobie whatsiname seems to be back in London, he walks his dog near my flat. I wonder how long it'll be till he washes up for an 'exclusive' on Morgan's show. That should be fun.

The last 6 episodes of The Crown feature Harry played more or less as the Shermanator from the American Pie films

That was bizarre, agreed. I mean the guy's a massive twat in real life like he is here but it was more the casting of the actor. He looks, sounds and behaves absolutely nothing like Harold. Dominic West is terribly miscast as well. Chuck must love watching himself being played by him.

Back
Top Bottom