Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, named in underage 'sex slave' lawsuit

EkDpBRmXcAA0D8V

somewhere in SE London (from tweeter)

A person who visited the gift shop in Balmoral “Previously Andrew postcards have been on sale.

"But while there are postcards of Charles, Anne and Edward - and even the Queen’s grandchildren, Beatrice and Eugenie - there is not one of the Duke of York.

“When I asked if it was possible to buy one of Andrew, a sales assistant said ‘No, we’ve taken them away. And they won’t be making any more of them.’"

Who knew postcards of the royal family were a thing..? Bizarre.
If that wasn’t a sarcastic post, I gather you don’t live in London? Just about every tat/ newsagents/ souvenir shop within Zone 1 sells postcards of the Royal Family, including extra classy ones that are shaped like their heads, and even featuring long-dead Princess Diana. The image below is of one such product

B6CB8B36-BD90-460C-976F-B8977C7B25A4.jpeg

I’ve been known to occasionally use such postcards for birthday card purposes. Good for a gentle pisstake or to raise a laugh for the right recipient.

If that wasn’t a sarcastic post, I gather you don’t live in London? Just about every tat/ newsagents/ souvenir shop within Zone 1 sells postcards of the Royal Family, including extra classy ones that are shaped like their heads, and even featuring long-dead Princess Diana

View attachment 234137

I’ve been known to use such postcards for birthday card purposes. Good for a gentle pisstake or to raise a laugh for the right recipient.
I do. Guess I just don't go into souvenir/tat shops in Zone 1...

I do. Guess I just don't go into souvenir/tat shops in Zone 1...
I don’t either, and don’t work or frequent the proper touristy bits of central London, but in such areas as the approach road to Buckingham Palace or sometimes around Piccadilly/ Leicester Sq, tat shops have those metal stands outside their premises so you don’t even need to go inside one to spot them.

If that wasn’t a sarcastic post, I gather you don’t live in London? Just about every tat/ newsagents/ souvenir shop within Zone 1 sells postcards of the Royal Family, including extra classy ones that are shaped like their heads, and even featuring long-dead Princess Diana. The image below is of one such product

View attachment 234137

I’ve been known to occasionally use such postcards for birthday card purposes. Good for a gentle pisstake or to raise a laugh for the right recipient.
I've got that very postcard!

A person who visited the gift shop in Balmoral “Previously Andrew postcards have been on sale.

"But while there are postcards of Charles, Anne and Edward - and even the Queen’s grandchildren, Beatrice and Eugenie - there is not one of the Duke of York.

“When I asked if it was possible to buy one of Andrew, a sales assistant said ‘No, we’ve taken them away. And they won’t be making any more of them.’"

Be great if he was talking about the entire royal clan.

I don’t either, and don’t work or frequent the proper touristy bits of central London, but in such areas as the approach road to Buckingham Palace or sometimes around Piccadilly/ Leicester Sq, tat shops have those metal stands outside their premises so you don’t even need to go inside one to spot them.
I guess they have become another one of those things the mind filters out when traversing zone 1.

Back
Top Bottom