Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Portugal v Germany

The39thStep

Urban critical thinker
Big game this in the group . Portugal with 3 points and a big 3-0 goal difference need a point to get second , defeat probably means they need a win against France . Germany could still be in the running to qualify with a point as they have Hungary last game .
Felix injured for Portugal which takes out a creative option . Hopefully we will see a Renato Sanchez cameo at some point . Germany should be at full strength , got a feeling Havertz will be key for them as he had a good game against Diaz in the CL final.
On a personal note just had lunch in a cafe and pre match preparation slightly off target as we are on to coffees and brandy and people arriving buying beers . Going to nip home freshen up and get out again for 5.

Fitting. When I lived in Holland and watched running events on German tv the camera always followed the German runner round, even if they were on his own, running last.

Oh aye, British definitely not the only ones, and I imagine almost certainly not the worst offenders either, but still irritating.

It seems like we have actually made it onto the match that kicks off in 20 minutes, though.

E2A: but ITV's backdrop is still the Thames :mad:

I know it's about performance as well as result, but again I do find the discussion of Germany following the France match slightly exaggerated.

It was widely agreed that it would be their hardest match in the group, and that they were underdogs as a weakened version of themselves playing the defending world champions, and yet they only lost to a single own goal.

Will also be very interesting to see how Low is remembered after all this; guided his nation to a World Cup victory, including drubbing the hosts Brazil 7-1, and followed that up with a Euros SF, but obviously since then his stock has declined significantly to where it is now.

Back
Top Bottom