Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

Does that smell a bit of "superinjunction", do we think?
It certainly smells.
(Nah, don't think they'd get an injunction on that, especially as stuff was already out there.)
It belies the impression I'd been getting that Murdoch was going cold on Johnson. Dunno about Daily Mail.
Some money somewhere may have been changing hands but it's a fair bet it won't have been Johnson's own. :thumbs:

Or instructions down from the owners?

It can only be that, I think. I mean not only has this been clearly spiked but the claim in the book that it is based on hasn't been widely circulated either.

It would seem so. But what's Johnson to them, and why? Do they still reckon he's the best bet for keeping the Tories in power?
Blimey, it's like watching Paddy Power, trying to guess where the 'smart' :facepalm: money is.

I do wonder whether this is a similar situation to Trump, in that he's managed to criminalize their relationship and now they fear what would happen (edit: to them) if he was removed in an uncontrolled way. Certainly the bung they got (and IIRC are still getting) over COVID doesn't pass the smell test.

Women being chaperoned when meeting with Johnson in private was foreign office policy . Else. Send a man . Preferably 2 people for meetings to ensure there was a witness that Johnson had been advised of certain matters he would invariably deny later. The man is a seedy spoilt rapey cunt - and those are terms I hate using in any context
At Oxford apparently he had a reputation for being NSIT, and I can't quote that source either. Funny how these rumours cluster round certain people.

Does that smell a bit of "superinjunction", do we think?

It's tempting to think that the superinjunction bubble has burst with so many high-profile ones backfiring horrendously, but then of course by definition we don't know how many successful superinjunctions there are.

The whole thing still baffles me. Unless it's a matter involving the protection of vulnerable individuals, surely all court proceedings should be a matter of public record.

It's a thing from back in the day with debs and chaperones and whatnot. (Think I maybe came across it in one of Nancy Mitford's books?)
I assumed that if ever you found yourself lucky enough to be travelling in a taxi, the thing to do would be to make pleasant small talk with the driver if they want it.

I assumed that if ever you found yourself lucky enough to be travelling in a taxi, the thing to do would be to make pleasant small talk with the driver if they want it.
The problem arises when a woman shares a cab ride with a man who's supposedly chivalrously seeing her safely home en route to his own gaff when he'll pay the driver. Once away from the party and in the intimacy of the back seat the monster pounces. It's a thing of the past, but was still a thing among Johnson's Oxford set.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom