Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

She GW is four years older ...what was she doing to end up there at same 6ime?
I was mildly curious about this and looked into it a bit. As in like wikipedia-level research, I'm not that curious. Apparently Johnson did a four-year degree from 83-87, and it says Maxwell graduated in 85. Both Balliol, apparently. Not sure if her course would've been three or four years, but sounds like there would've been a few years overlap of them both being there, so it's not impossible. It is also possible that their paths never crossed at all and Rachel Johnson is just printing untrue claims about her family's connections with Maxwell in the Spectator, but it would be a bit of a weird lie to make up. Perhaps the Johnsons are just an entire family of Aldridge Priors, who knows?

I note he lost it after talking shit about working from home:

After urging people back to office, saying there were "reasons why Mother Nature does not like working from home", the PM was lost.

The BBC article also says:

But later, before heading back to Downing Street, the PM gave an interview to a reporter, who simply asked: "Are you OK?"

Also:

"Lenin once said that the Communist Revolution was Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country," he told the crowd.

"Well, I hesitate to quote Lenin before the Confederation of British Industry, but the coming industrial revolution is green power plus the electrification of the whole country."

Given his love of inappropriate quotes, I am trying to work out what occasion he will consider to be the right moment to quote Bill Hicks saying we are a virus with shoes.

Given his love of inappropriate quotes, I am trying to work out what occasion he will consider to be the right moment to quote Bill Hicks saying we are a virus with shoes.

I thought that was Agent Smith, but I get things mixed up at times these days...

By God, Cameron was pigging awful wasn't he? Just seeing his plump, self-satisfied porcine face again induces utter rage. Entirely lacking in ability or talent, but an Etonian & an Oxbridge man - therefore suitable for the top job. And what will his legacy be, what will he be remembered for? Giving the green light to the EU referendum and trying to persuade the electorate to vote Remain, but typically making a ham-fisted hash of that. He told a lot of porkies about the red menace of Milliband too, when the most notable thing the latter had done was eat a bacon sandwich.

The BBC have upgraded the article I mentioned earlier to become their headline story on their news website, and have added the stuff Kuenssberg mentioned in that earlier tweet, as well as the criticism from other parties.

A senior source at No 10 told the BBC: "Business was really looking for leadership today and it was shambolic."

They added there was "a lot of concern inside the building" about Mr Johnson.

"Cabinet needs to wake up and demand serious changes otherwise it'll keep getting worse. If they don't insist, he just won't do anything about it."

Opposition parties also mocked the performance, with Liberal Democrat leader Ed Davey saying: "Businesses are crying out for clarity. Instead, all they got was Boris Johnson rambling on about Peppa Pig.

"It is a perfect metaphor for Johnson's chaotic, incompetent government as it trashes our economy, but it is not worthy of a British prime minister."

Labour's shadow chancellor, Rachel Reeves, added: "No one was laughing, because the joke's not funny anymore."

If Brown went from Stalin to Mr Bean, what journey has Johnson undertaken? From Boris to Benny?

_121753145_f9b46849-45a9-4705-b00a-57383779ec94.jpg

I dont think he has actually changed much. Whats changed are perceptions of those who previously saw his bumbling as part of a winning ticket. Its the same old shit as with Trump really, the wankers are happy to attach themselves to him when they think he is a serial winner, but when he starts to become a loser their opinions suddenly shift and he becomes a bloody liability without actually changing,

By God, Cameron was pigging awful wasn't he? Just seeing his plump, self-satisfied porcine face again induces utter rage. Entirely lacking in ability or talent, but an Etonian & an Oxbridge man - therefore suitable for the top job. And what will his legacy be, what will he be remembered for? Giving the green light to the EU referendum and trying to persuade the electorate to vote Remain, but typically making a ham-fisted hash of that. He told a lot of porkies about the red menace of Milliband too, when the most notable thing the latter had done was eat a bacon sandwich.
Lets not forget the Greensill collapse:

And yet, still better at the job than Johnson. For a start, he could string a few words together without mentioning Peppa Pig or Kermit the Frog or making vroom-vroom noises, or losing his place in his notes.

Everytime someone posted the latest car-crash video of Trump during his presidency I kept thinking someone's got to step in and save the idiot from himself, and the world from him, but never happened - huge sense of deja vu at the moment :( .

And yet, still better at the job than Johnson. For a start, he could string a few words together without mentioning Peppa Pig or Kermit the Frog or making vroom-vroom noises, or losing his place in his notes.

Everytime someone posted the latest car-crash video of Trump during his presidency I kept thinking someone's got to step in and save the idiot from himself, and the world from him, but never happened - huge sense of deja vu at the moment :( .
This thing about his notes, fucks any notion of him as a great orator. I thought they had autocue things at large events so they didn't end up looking like incompetent buffoons. As so often it's a case of better to keep quiet and be thought an incompetent buffoon than deliver a really shitty speech to the CBI and fuck up said delivery and prove yourself one.

Johnson famously said "fuck business'. I imagine business will now say "fuck Boris"

Last edited:
I dont think he has actually changed much. Whats changed are perceptions of those who previously saw his bumbling as part of a winning ticket. Its the same old shit as with Trump really, the wankers are happy to attach themselves to him when they think he is a serial winner, but when he starts to become a loser their opinions suddenly shift and he becomes a bloody liability without actually changing,
I think this, plus now the whiff-whaff, stuck on the zipline BS is failing, instead of reining it in, he's doubling down as it's all he knows, which is leading him to seem more ridiculous.

And there's a relevant Terry Pratchett quote:
pterry in Night Watch said:
“There was a tradition, once, far back in the past, called the King of the Bean. A special dish was served to all the men of the clan on certain day of the year. It contained one small hard-baked bean, and whoever got the bean was, possibly after some dental attention, hailed as king. It was quite an inexpensive system, and it worked well, probably because the clever little bald men who actually ran things and paid some attention to possible candidates were experts at palming a bean into a right bowl.

And while crop ripened and the tribe thrived and the land was fertile, the king thrived, too. But when, in the fullness of time, crops failed and the ice came back and animals were inexplicably barren, the clever little bald men sharpened their long knives, which were mostly used to cutting mistletoe.

And on the due night, one of them went his cave and carefully baked one small bean.

Of course, that was before people were civilized. These days, no one had to eat beans.”

Back
Top Bottom