Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Plane crashes onto A27 at Shoreham Air Show

Indeliblelink

\......👁&👁......./
This looks very nasty although no confirmed fatalities yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34027260
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/22/hawker-hunter-plane-crash-shoreham-air-show-reports

CNA35sbW8AAWiuc.png

Last edited:
From the Guardian piece " a second world war Hawker Hunter single-seat fighter jet.":facepalm:

Hope every one OK, especially the pilot, one of the few who also flies the Sea Vixen

Feel for the innocent motorists who got caught up in that.
Hope there aren't too many casualties.

My bro saw it happen :( No confirmation of the location of our mother, who may well have been buzzing along thr Top Road in her cabriolet :facepalm:

Mother located. Bro says it was only the 3 or 4th plane in the show. He says it didn't exactly sound like it was going wrong (but they were stood next to a running helicopter) but looked like the pilot was clearly trying to pull up.

edit: nothing new ^ but eyewitness report.

Emojis when deaths happen are really tasteless. Sorry to pick on you as it's almost everyone but it's shit that it's become okay to respond to a tragedy with a cartoon face.

Can't people type out five words to express their feelings?

That's what smileys are for: for expressing emotion, which is practically impossible to do with a line of text. That's why they were invented.
Airshows strike me as having a terrible safety record in recent years.
Are you sure about that? But this does look like the sort of accident that will have serious ramifications for airshows at that location, and probably for the whole of the UK as well. I wonder what they'll be.

This is harsh, IMO. 'Really tasteless', come on now.

I think it is. I have to accept I'm in an apparently tiny majority but I honestly feel that way. Death merits more than a shit little cartoon face. Type ten words or don't bother.

Reactions: tim
Are you sure about that? But this does look like the sort of accident that will have serious ramifications for airshows at that location, and probably for the whole of the UK as well. I wonder what they'll be.

Hard to see what can be done, though not having the display over the crowd anymore has stopped those disasters happening (at least here). Perhaps only allowing displays to be over completely empty (of people) areas?

Horrible, scary thing is I've sat at the junction in traffic jams when there's been air shows on in Shoreham a few times in past years. I was hoping the pilot had managed to miss the road or at least overshoot the traffic lights if they were red.

Back
Top Bottom