Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

perfect toaster :)

My toasting style is a few short spells in the toaster - this allows the toast to be turned round at one of the intervals to ensure a more even toasting, and to see how it's doing. Whatever setting I have my toaster on, bread tends to require 3 or 4 goes before it's done, or 4 or 5 if it's frozen (the bread that is not the toaster)

YES! :cool:

Btw...my toaster says it is 'Hi-speed'....aaaarrrrrggghhhhh....WHAT????? WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!? :confused: :( :mad: :confused: :hmm: :(

I'm using the grill from now on! :mad:

I have a 4 slice toaster and I usually have two set to what experiment has told me fresh bread needs and two set the equivalent to frozen bread. I'm willing to accept a degree of variation in complexion in relation to variations in the characteristics of the individual slices of bread. It's not foolproof but it mostly works for me.

I was forcibly reminded today by my incredibly slowly toasting sourdough white that toast made from different bread varies massively in how fast it browns.

This is absolutely true. I've have to do sourdough in the dualit for at least 3.

oooo yick, I'm becoming middle class :(

Yes but nothing that'd take THAT much longer...waffles, crumpets, drop scones etc....you'd have to be cooking fucking burgers or something to warrant using the 7 setting! :eek:

I've got some toaster bags (for toasted sarnies) and the instructions that come with them confidently assert that you can use them to cook burgers, salmon fillets etc. in your toaster. I haven't tried it mind you, what with having an oven! But after your experiment, I'm now wondering how many students or people in bedsits/with communal kitchens have tried that in their room and ended up with a fire on their hands cos they didn't clean the breadcrumbs out of the toaster first :eek: :D

I've got some toaster bags (for toasted sarnies) and the instructions that come with them confidently assert that you can use them to cook burgers, salmon fillets etc. in your toaster. I haven't tried it mind you, what with having an oven! But after your experiment, I'm now wondering how many students or people in bedsits have tried that and ended up with a fire on their hands cos they didn't clean the breadcrumbs out of the toaster first :eek: :D

Oh fuck....I've got some of those bags, too! :eek: :hmm:

I reckon I'll send them to quimmy to try, tbf :mad:

the other contenders are caramel (as you find out if you dip in a finger for tasting :facepalm:) and chipshop mushy peas (it's the polystyrene cup :()

No, they're amazing!!!!

they actually taste like real food, unlike what you'd think

images

Back
Top Bottom