Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

One slice tiny toaster?

Annoyingly there is a euro plug on it apparently. Are you sure you can just swap out the plugs? I thought the EU had a different voltage.
I don't really want to mess with something that's main purpose it to burn things (a bit).
No it'll be fine. they're effectively the same. And depending on what sort of two-pin plug it is these are superb, it means the plug doesn't flop around in the socket.

1663247879495.png

Annoyingly there is a euro plug on it apparently. Are you sure you can just swap out the plugs? I thought the EU had a different voltage.
I don't really want to mess with something that's main purpose it to burn things (a bit).

Yes, it's so close it makes no difference. I've got a knife sharpener and rice cooker with EU plugs. I use a £2 adapter, but there's no reason you couldn't change the plug if you wanted.

Nominally the EU use 220v and we 240v but it doesn’t really matter, especially for toasters. It’s only nominal and we both use 50 hz which is more important. Same is true for the Chinese, Indians and Australians… It’s the Americans who use 110v and 60 hz so you do need an adapter…

Almost every post office sells travel adaptors. Get one of them.

You can swap plugs or get a converter plug. I moved from the UK to Germany and did that with all my electrics.

Nominally the EU use 220v and we 240v but it doesn’t really matter, especially for toasters. It’s only nominal and we both use 50 hz which is more important. Same is true for the Chinese, Indians and Australians… It’s the Americans who use 110v and 60 hz so you do need an adapter…
Not any more as of 2003 we all officially use 230 but dicked about with the tolerances so no one had to change anything.....

View attachment 342745

Get one of these and pour cold water over the five unwanted elements when her single slice is cooking...
You can actually remove the elements on these taosters quite easy as they are deigned to be replaced separately and therefore easy to maintain and repairablefor the home user. Ive got the duallt 6 slice which has the option to cook 2,4 or 6. That's also why I'm fat.

Back
Top Bottom