Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palace 22/23 Season: Cheick in.

Slightly concerning that the 'Gallagher void' wasn't filled at all; instead they (overly) relied on Andersen's phenomenal long ball over the midfield.

C'est la vie. We were not the only team to lose at home....the two United's 😁 nearly Liverpool as well. Early days. I think we had one or two out injured.

Was not impressed by the players and their family attitudes; some of what came across was how much it meant, financially to them. They were just 12 years old for goodness sake
and the majority of them will not make it.

It's endemic unfortunately. When he was at Brighton aged 7, the other parents wouldn't talk to me, and even worse told their kids not to pass to my boy in case he took their place on the team.

Back then, (four years ago) players were signed on season or half season contracts (no money involved, because if they were released that next club would have to pay up that contract before they could play).

It's even tougher now. Due to the pandemic, no recruitment took place at any youth level for two years meaning that all academies everywhere were massively short on players. Now at Brighton they use a rolling four week contract. If you are good for the four weeks you get another four weeks. If not, you're binned out and another kid is bought in.

That's too much pressure for a kid. Imagine being injured for two weeks, come back and are a bit cautious for week three and do OK on week four. You're out.

It's endemic unfortunately. When he was at Brighton aged 7, the other parents wouldn't talk to me, and even worse told their kids not to pass to my boy in case he took their place on the team.

Back then, (four years ago) players were signed on season or half season contracts (no money involved, because if they were released that next club would have to pay up that contract before they could play).

It's even tougher now. Due to the pandemic, no recruitment took place at any youth level for two years meaning that all academies everywhere were massively short on players. Now at Brighton they use a rolling four week contract. If you are good for the four weeks you get another four weeks. If not, you're binned out and another kid is bought in.

That's too much pressure for a kid. Imagine being injured for two weeks, come back and are a bit cautious for week three and do OK on week four. You're out.

Yes, I thought the prog really glossed over the cynicism of the system

Ted decided after that podcast that he wanted to change to be a rugby player.

I asked him why.

"Fewer teams, more players per team, less pressure, more chance of being a professional. "

Last week he had a trial for Harlequins. On merit in winning Player of the Year for his club, not because I drove him there and insisted.

If he wants to go on a journey I'll drive the car to wherever it needs to go until the adventure ends. Its his adventure, not mine.

20220724_102622.jpgThat's him being invited to preseason training with the u14s for his team.

He will be u12 this year. I think you can tell by the size difference.

He got the ball and did some move that left three of the lads on their backside. They had to stop the training as everyone piled onto the kids on the floor with top bantz and then they all high five him. His face was a picture.

Some of them obvs forgot his age after that and went in a little harder than they should have, but he just looked at them with a "oh, it's going to be like that then is it" face and scored three tries.

I literally have no idea about rugby (always been a youth football coach etc) but other parents seem to think he is a bit special. As do the development coaches at the club.

If he enjoys it, I enjoy it.

Just seen the highlights. Zaha didn't celebrate scoring as he thought he was offside? He should have won match at the end. Superb Diaz goal. What a twat for that headbutt, on home debut as well.

Good bit of film here of Nunez and Andersen's interactions all game - Nunez looks like he could be a bit of a dickhead imo, possibly a bit lucky not to get in trouble for the slap he threw at 39 seconds on the vid. Andersen is playing for advantages of course but I can't see that he does anything that isn't pretty standard play, nothing dirty.

Good bit of film here of Nunez and Andersen's interactions all game - Nunez looks like he could be a bit of a dickhead imo, possibly a bit lucky not to get in trouble for the slap he threw at 39 seconds on the vid. Andersen is playing for advantages of course but I can't see that he does anything that isn't pretty standard play, nothing dirty.

Every defender in the league has taken note of that. Get on him, hassle him and he'll lose his temper. Few shoves in the back, that was all it took.

The pat after the trip at about 49 secs looked quite good natured. The funny and interesting things are, the multimillion pound new signing will now miss a key match or three and has also revealed his Achilles heal. His weakness to be wound up and get sent off has been seen by all 😁
Will utd. Be fighting pool for relegation

4 weeks without Vieiraball... will be very interesting to see how we look when we're finally back starting Saturday against Chelsea. Enough time to have a proper pre season of sorts and hopefully get Olise ready to start more. Against Brentford and Newcastle we didn't show much creativity when we had the ball so you'd hope we look a lot more cohesive going forward now. Hard league these days, the run up to the Qatar farce will make or break the season

One win does not mean we're flying. Still it was a good win. Great to come from a losing position, rather than the other way round. Also good to see us use some gamesmanship to hold on to the lead.

Back
Top Bottom