Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Opinion: "The End of Meat Is Here" - NY Times

You will never reach an end to meat if dairying continues, sorry.
Gradual declines are immaterial to an end of consumption.
The overwhelming scientific consensus appears to be that people should strive to eat far less meat. Do you disagree with this or not?

Why would that be a better stat?
Vegetarians consume dairy, and the dairy industry is also the beef industry. You don't get one without the other.
Not all vegetarians consume dairy, silly, and the ones that do are often striving to reduce their dairy consumption substantially, some with the aim of eradicating it completely over time.

The overwhelming scientific consensus appears to be that people should strive to eat far less meat. Do you disagree with this or not?
See my previous answer to that question.
Also, see post #585 for my thoughts on why people such as you appear to think that an overwhelming consensus exists.
It has not changed and I do not wish to have the same discussion over and over.

I'd like it now please as its a very straightforward question. A simple yes or no will do.
You'll have to actually be arsed to look up the answer I gave the last time I answered that question.
It's not a yes/no question, it's quite complex, and that was reflected in my answer.

I don't owe you repeat answers to the same question simply because you've either forgotten them are attempting to make some ridiculous point.

You'll have to actually be arsed to look up the answer I gave the last time I answered that question.

I don't owe you repeat answers to the same question simply because you've either forgotten them are attempting to make some ridiculous point.
You've written all those words just to avoid saying yes or no. LOL! King of the wrigglemeisters!

And no, I'm not going to trawl back through over 600 posts when you could answer in under a second.

You've written all those words just to avoid saying yes or no. LOL! King of the wrigglemeisters!

And no, I'm not going to trawl back through over 600 posts when you could answer in under a second.

They are less words than I gave the first time you asked it - because its not a yes/no answer question.

So you don't think people should strive to eat less meat and the science is all wrong because you know better?
Re: "the" science.
See my post #585.

I won't enter into a circular discussion about this. I've no desire for an Internet "groundhog day".
Read it, or don't. I don't care either way.

Poor (furious!) farmers, want people to eat more of their subsidised "stock" :( :D

Farmers have been left furious after a rural council called on staff to eat less meat.
They want Pembrokeshire council to apologise after an internal newsletter urged staff to cut back on meat and dairy, saying a plant-based diet was healthier.

The council said it was part of a series of tips on saving the planet.
One of the county's many farmers, Charles George, of Wolf's Castle, called it a "kick in the teeth".
"They have got it completely wrong," he added.

"They should be out there encouraging people to eat local, to support local businesses, instead of having some vegan food that might have come from anywhere in the world."

Poor (furious!) farmers, want people to eat more of their subsidised "stock" :( :D

You do understand that the cropping sector is in receipt of subsidy, arguably to a much greater extent than the livestock sector, don't you? And also that lots of farms produce both crops and livestock....

Odd point to make about subsidy, that.

Here's another reason why some people might like to consider a vegan diet (or eating a lot less dead animal)

Vegan diets can help people who are overweight or have type 2 diabetes lose weight and lower their blood sugar levels, research suggests.

A meta analysis showed that adhering to a vegan diet over three months reduced body weight by about 4.1kg (9lb) on average compared with control diets, and cut blood sugar levels. There was little or no effect on blood pressure or levels of cholesterol or triglycerides, a type of fat.

The data was drawn from 11 randomised trials including 796 people who were overweight with a body mass index (BMI) of at least 25 or who had type 2 diabetes. The results were presented at the European Congress on Obesity.

Anne-Ditte Termannsen, of the Steno Diabetes Centre in Copenhagen, who led the research, said: “This rigorous assessment of the best available evidence to date indicates with reasonable certainty that adhering to a vegan diet for at least 12 weeks may result in clinically meaningful weight loss and improve blood sugar levels, and therefore can be used in the management of overweight and type 2 diabetes.

“Vegan diets likely lead to weight loss because they are associated with a reduced calorie intake due to a lower content of fat and higher content of dietary fibre.”

Here's another reason why some people might like to consider a vegan diet (or eating a lot less dead animal)
I must be the only overweight vegan in the village :(
And when I was a regular cyclist I was even heavier !

There was apparently a study where they told morbidly obese Americans to stuff their faces with white sliced and they lost weight ...

Interesting if true. Will hopefully pop up again once it has been peer reviewed and published.
Here's more info

For this study, the researchers conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis of all relevant English language randomised trials, published up to March 2022, comparing the effect of vegan diets to other types of diets on cardiometabolic risk factors – body weight, body mass index [BMI], blood sugar levels, systolic and diastolic blood pressure, total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (so-called ‘bad cholesterol’), high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and triglycerides.

Vegan diets were compared with either passive control groups (participants continuing normal diet with no dietary changes) or active control groups (participants following other dietary interventions such as Mediterranean diets, different diabetes diets, or portion-controlled diets).

Data were analysed for 11 studies involving 796 individuals (average age ranging from 48 to 61 years) with overweight (BMI of 25 kg/m2 or over) or type 2 diabetes. The trials lasted for at least 12 weeks (average duration 19 weeks) and considered weight loss of at least 5 kg (11lbs) clinically meaningful.

Analyses found that compared with control diets, vegan diets significantly reduced body weight (effect average -4.1 kg) and BMI (-1.38 kg/m2). But the effects on blood sugar level (-0.18 %-points), total cholesterol (-0.30 mmol/L) and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (-0.24 mmol/L) were rather small.

Further analyses found even greater reductions in body weight and BMI when vegan diets were compared with continuing a normal diet without dietary changes (-7.4 kg and -2.78 kg/m2 respectively), than compared with other intervention diets (-2.7 kg and -0.87 kg/m2).

More here:

M and S has a new plant-based salami which tastes OK, even to a meat addict like me. I'll be happy to switch to fake meat once there's more stuff that tastes good.

Problem is the processing that goes into creating the fake meats is so convoluted it makes any environmental savings negligible.

You are talking total shit.

There’s no question that so-called meatless meat wins when it comes to the health of our planet. Plant-based meat, like all foods, has some impact on the environment, but it doesn’t come close to having the sort of impact on the planet that meat does.

To really see the difference, we have to look at a few key elements of environmental impact: water usage, land usage, and carbon emissions.

Studies have shown that it takes between 2,000 and 8,000 gallons of water to produce a single pound of beef; in contrast, it takes only about 300 gallons to produce one pound of tofu. Plus, livestock production contributes to more groundwater pollution.

Plant-based meat isn’t perfect. All food production requires resources, and meat-free meat is no exception. According to Mark Hyman, MD, the author of Food Fix, most of the environmental concerns around fake meat have to do with industrial farming—particularly the use of tillage, which destroys soil carbon.

“Thirty to 40 percent of all the atmosphere carbon comes from the destruction of soil, through tillage and agricultural chemicals. That leads to climate change,” Dr. Hyman says. “Of the one trillion tons of carbon in the atmosphere, about 30 to 40 percent, or 300 billion–plus tons, is caused by the damage to the soil, and the current growing of industrial crops is contributing to that problem.”

But pound for pound, ounce for ounce, there’s no doubt that plant-based meat is better for the environment. According to a report from the Good Food Institute, in comparison to conventional beef, an Impossible Burger reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 89 percent.

And the Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems study found that plant-based meat’s greenhouse gas emissions were 34 percent lower than farmed fish, 43 percent lower than poultry, 63 percent lower than pig, 87 percent lower than beef from dairy cows, and 93 percent lower than beef from beef herds.

1653944264588.png

Meanwhile, some farmers are getting ahead of the curve

Dr Nicola Cannon, associate professor of agriculture at the Royal Agricultural University, says it's not surprising dairy and cattle farmers may be considering going animal-free.
"The farming sector, especially the dairy industry, is struggling to meet the labour requirements at the moment, and what with the meat sector's ageing agricultural population, the crop sector is generally less intensive," she says.
"They're [also] being driven to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It's difficult for the livestock sector as they're burping and farting methane... it might make people think of moving to a simpler system and a plant-based system, where they've got more control of emissions."

You are talking total shit.

View attachment 324792

The bit you quote makes absolutely no mention of the point I was making, about the production process not about the farming itself.

Please actually read what is actually written before ignorantly dismissing it. I may be wrong but your response is, as you might say, total shit.

The bit you quote makes absolutely no mention of the point I was making, about the production process not about the farming itself.

Please actually read what is actually written before ignorantly dismissing it. I may be wrong but your response is, as you might say, total shit.
It literally addresses - and crushes - your claim that the 'processing that goes into creating the fake meats is so convoluted it makes any environmental savings negligible.'
I'm sorry if you're unable to understand what's written.

It literally addresses - and crushes - your claim that the 'processing that goes into creating the fake meats is so convoluted it makes any environmental savings negligible.'
I'm sorry if you're unable to understand what's written.
Sorry, but it simple does not. It mentions water in the production of tofu (which obviously isn’t a fake meat and is vastly simpler to produce than facon) in your first quote, but does not specifically mention any kind of secondary production process in the second quote.

The paragraph you didn’t quote gives a rather different perspective:

Even though meat substitutes are more environmentally friendly than factory-farmed meat, critics worry that plant-based meat might not be as good for the planet as it implies. According to the New York Times, neither Impossible Foods nor Beyond Meat—the two biggest players in the plant-based meat game—have disclosed the amount of greenhouse gas emissions they produce across the entirety of their operations.

Farming is only one part of the total climate equation. Without more information about the supply chain, water usage, and other operational factors, there’s no way of knowing the real carbon footprint associated with the plant-based meat industry.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it simple does not. It mentions water in the production of tofu (which obviously isn’t a fake meat and is vastly simpler to produce than facon) in your first quote, but does not specifically mention any kind of secondary production process in the second quote.

The paragraph you didn’t quote gives a rather different perspective:

Even though meat substitutes are more environmentally friendly than factory-farmed meat, critics worry that plant-based meat might not be as good for the planet as it implies. According to the New York Times, neither Impossible Foods nor Beyond Meat—the two biggest players in the plant-based meat game—have disclosed the amount of greenhouse gas emissions they produce across the entirety of their operations.

Farming is only one part of the total climate equation. Without more information about the supply chain, water usage, and other operational factors, there’s no way of knowing the real carbon footprint associated with the plant-based meat industry.
Soak it up and learn.

But years of research on the environmental impact of food make one thing clear: Plant proteins, even if processed into imitation burgers, have smaller climate, water, and land impacts than conventional meats. Apart from environmental impact, reducing meat production would also reduce animal suffering and the risk of both animal-borne disease and antibiotic resistance. The criticisms against the new wave of meatless meat appear to be more rooted in broad opposition to food technology rather than a true environmental accounting — and they muddy the waters in the search for climate solutions at a time when clarity is sorely needed.

The Beyond Meat burger uses 99 percent less water, 93 percent less land and 90 percent less fossil fuel emissions; the Impossible Burger uses 87 percent less water, 96 percent less land, and 89 percent less fossil fuel emissions than a quarter pound of regular ground beef. The statistics offer a rosy image of meat alternatives benefiting the environment in a big way.

“The pressure on the planet would be impacted in a huge and positive way,” if everyone replaced meat with plant or cell-based alternatives, Friedrich said. With the global population expected to swell to 9.7 billion by 2050, meat alternatives could be effective in creating a more sustainable food supply without forcing people to change their diet too drastically.

Eating plants is fundamentally more efficient than growing plants to feed animals and eating those animals. Even after accounting for the processing required to turn plants into plant-based meat, every study to date finds that replacing conventional meat with plant-based meat substantially reduces every environmental impact measured

So when you claimed that the "Problem is the processing that goes into creating the fake meats is so convoluted it makes any environmental savings negligible." you were, in fact, total total bollocks.

Dude, seriously, read the articles you post. Because they completely contradict your claim. The gfi piece, like the one you posted yesterday, solely talks about farming not processing. So it is 100% irrelevant.

The other mainstream media (ie not original research or by actual scientists) pieces largely do the same, but also includes this corking paragraph which also undermines your ignorant and arrogant statement

“Those companies make wild claims, but they don’t back that up with any independent attestment,” Springmann said. “Their claims are based on third-party potential estimates of emissions.”

Even if meat alternative companies back their products up with more studies, they don’t offer the best emissions solution. Cellular-based meat alternatives release five times the emissions as chicken, putting their emissions just under beef. Plant-based meat alternatives produce the same amount of emissions as chicken — which are about five times the emissions of legumes and vegetables.

Springmann recommends a flexitarian diet heavy on vegetables and legumes with a heavily reduced portion of meat. This amount of meat would equal one 100-gram burger (or 3.5 ounce) per week or choosing to consume chicken or fish just twice a week

Seriously, do you think you are going to convince anyone by just abusing anyone saying something different to your beliefs? Maybe try listening a bit so you actually reply with something relevant.

Dude, seriously, read the articles you post. Because they completely contradict your claim. The gfi piece, like the one you posted yesterday, solely talks about farming not processing. So it is 100% irrelevant.

The other mainstream media (ie not original research or by actual scientists) largely does the same, but also includes this corking paragraph which also undermines your ignorant and arrogant statement

“Those companies make wild claims, but they don’t back that up with any independent attestment,” Springmann said. “Their claims are based on third-party potential estimates of emissions.”

Even if meat alternative companies back their products up with more studies, they don’t offer the best emissions solution. Cellular-based meat alternatives release five times the emissions as chicken, putting their emissions just under beef. Plant-based meat alternatives produce the same amount of emissions as chicken — which are about five times the emissions of legumes and vegetables.

Springmann recommends a flexitarian diet heavy on vegetables and legumes with a heavily reduced portion of meat. This amount of meat would equal one 100-gram burger (or 3.5 ounce) per week or choosing to consume chicken or fish just twice a week.

Seriously, do you think you are going to convince anyone by just abusing anyone saying something different to your beliefs? Maybe try listening a bit so you actually reply with something relevant.
there's no critical appraisal going into his selection of articles, it's just 'ha! this'll show 'em' without any thought given to the scope of the article, the methodology, etc.

The other mainstream media (ie not original research or by actual scientists) pieces largely do the same, but also includes this corking paragraph which also undermines your ignorant and arrogant statement

Springmann recommends a flexitarian diet heavy on vegetables and legumes with a heavily reduced portion of meat. This amount of meat would equal one 100-gram burger (or 3.5 ounce) per week or choosing to consume chicken or fish just twice a week

So you just ignored this piece and its conclusion: "Even after accounting for the processing required to turn plants into plant-based meat, every study to date finds that replacing conventional meat with plant-based meat substantially reduces every environmental impact measured"

Plant-based meat emits 30%–90% less greenhouse gas than conventional meat (kg-CO2-eq/kg-meat).​

Worldwide, animal agriculture contributes more to climate change than exhaust emissions from the entire transportation sector.16,17 Animal agriculture’s emissions come from three major sources: conversion of forests and prairies to pasture and cropland,6,18 production of animal feed,19 and animal digestion and waste decomposition.6,20

The primary ingredients for plant-based meats, on the other hand, have very low greenhouse gas emissions,6 and additional processing accounts for only 13%–26% of plant-based meat’s climate impact.8,9 The cropland no longer necessary for animal feed could even be used to mitigate climate change through reforestation, soil conservation, or renewable energy production.21,22,23

Plant-based meat causes 51%–91% less aquatic nutrient pollution than conventional meat (g-PO43-eq/kg-meat).​

Eutrophication is a leading threat to global water quality, and animal agriculture is one of its primary sources.25 Eutrophication occurs when nitrogen and phosphorus runoff into waterways, stimulating the growth of algal blooms that suffocate aquatic life. Animal agriculture is doubly harmful, thanks to pollution from the fertilizer used on feed crops and the manure animals produce.26 Each of the largest pig farms produces more excrement than the city of Philadelphia, but they don’t have wastewater treatment facilities.20 Manure often sits in open lagoons before being sprayed over nearby fields, creating extreme health risks for local communities.20

Plant-based meat solves both problems. It requires a fraction of the cropland and proportionately less fertilizer. It also produces no manure, eliminating both the eutrophication and the direct human health risks associated with massive amounts of untreated animal waste.

And of course, there's also this:

In the United States, over 70% of medically relevant antibiotics are used in animal agriculture.27 Healthy animals are fed low doses of antibiotics to speed growth and prevent disease, causing bacteria to adapt and become resistant.27,28 Many of these antibiotics are used in human medicine, so when bacteria become resistant, hospitals can no longer defend against them.27,29 If left unchecked, by 2050 drug-resistant microbes could kill 10 million people each year (more than currently die of cancer) and cause a cumulative $100 trillion in economic damage (as much as the global economic crisis of 2008–2009).27

Plant-based meat requires no antibiotics at all. It also greatly reduces the risk of antifungal resistance, which can arise from the use of fungicides on crops,31 because plant-based meat requires much less crop production than conventional meat.

So you just ignored this piece and its conclusion: "Even after accounting for the processing required to turn plants into plant-based meat, every study to date finds that replacing conventional meat with plant-based meat substantially reduces every environmental impact measured"

No, I looked at who came out with those figures and - as the quote from springmann says - they’re highly dubious figures from the manufacturers themselves. I trust impossible burger to be truthful and honest to the same extent as if trust Brewdog.

The other points are, again, about farming. They’re entirely valid but they’re on a different subject. I’m not interested in defending farming practises or the meat industry. I just think it is grossly simplistic to believe going vegan is the only important thing and to ignore how highly processed foods (like current fake meats) are also really shit environmentally and health wise.

No, I looked at who came out with those figures and - as the quote from springmann says - they’re highly dubious figures from the manufacturers themselves. I trust impossible burger to be truthful and honest to the same extent as if trust Brewdog.

The other points are, again, about farming. They’re entirely valid but they’re on a different subject. I’m not interested in defending farming practises or the meat industry. I just think it is grossly simplistic to believe going vegan is the only important thing and to ignore how highly processed foods (like current fake meats) are also really shit environmentally and health wise.
Here's all those sources that you're dismissing out of hand because you apparently know better. No comment about the antibiotics either?

1. Roser M. Global Meat Projections to 2050. In: OurWorldInData.org [Internet]. 2019 [cited 1 Jul 2019]. Available: Global meat consumption
  2. Reinhardt RJ. Snapshot: Few Americans vegetarian or vegan. In: News.Gallup.com [Internet]. 1 Aug 2018 [cited 6 Jun 2019].
    Available: Snapshot: Few Americans Vegetarian or Vegan
  3. Meat supply and disappearance. In: ERS.USDA.gov [Internet]. 29 May 2019 [cited 6 Jun 2019]. Available: USDA ERS - Home
    data-products/livestock-meat-domestic-data/
  4. Chapin III FS, Matson PA, Vitousek P. Principles of Terrestrial Ecosystem Ecology, 2nd Edition. Springer Science+Business Media; 2011.
  5. Aleksandrowicz L, Green R, Joy EJM, Smith P, Haines A. The Impacts of Dietary Change on Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Land Use,
    Water Use, and Health: A Systematic Review. PLoS One. 2016;11: e0165797.
  6. Poore J, Nemecek T. Reducing Food’s Environmental Impacts Through Producers and Consumers. Science. 2018;360: 987–992.
  7. Khan S, Loyola C, Dettling J, Hester J, Moses R. Comparative environmental LCA of the Impossible Burger with conventional ground
    beef burger [Internet]. Quantis USA and Impossible Foods; 27 Feb 2019. Available: https://impossiblefoods.com/mission/lcaupdate-2019/
  8. Heller MC, Keoleian GA. Beyond Meat’s Beyond Burger life cycle assessment: A detailed comparison between a plant-based and
    an animal-based protein source [Internet]. University of Michigan Center for Sustainable Systems; 14 Sep 2018. Available: http://css.
    umich.edu/publication/beyond-meats-beyond-burger-life-cycle-assessment-detailed-comparison-between-plant-based
  9. Dettling J, Tu Q, Faist M, DelDuce A, Mandelbaum S. A comparative life cycle assessment of plant-based foods and meat
    foods [Internet]. Quantis USA and MorningStar Farms; Mar 2016. Available: https://www.morningstarfarms.com/content/dam/
    morningstarfarms/pdf/MSFPlantBasedLCAReport_2016-04-10_Final.pdf
  10. Rosenfeld D. Beyond Meat is re-imagining meat in El Segundo with great success. In: DailyBreeze.com [Internet]. 26 Oct 2018
    [cited 6 Jun 2019]. Available: Beyond Meat is re-imagining meat in El Segundo with great success
  11. Roser M, Ritchie H. Yields and land use in agriculture. In: OurWorldInData.org [Internet]. 2019 [cited 6 Jun 2019]. Available: https://
    ourworldindata.org/yields-and-land-use-in-agriculture
  12. Díaz S, Settele J, Brondízio E. IPBES global assessment summary for policymakers [Internet]. United Nations; 6 May 2019. Available:
  13. Hayek MN, Garrett RD. Nationwide Shift to Grass-Fed Beef Requires Larger Cattle Population. Environmental Research Letters. 2018;13:
  14. Peters C, Picardy J, Darrouzet-Nardi A, Wilkins J, Griffin T, Fick G. Carrying Capacity of U.S. Agricultural Land: Ten Diet Scenarios.
    Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene. 2016;4: 000116.
  15. Shepon A, Eshel G, Noor E, Milo R. The Opportunity Cost of Animal Based Diets Exceeds All Food Losses. Proceedings of the National
    Academies of Sciences USA. 2018;115: 3804–3809.
  16. Gerber PJ, Steinfeld H, Henderson B, Mottet A, Opio C, Dijkman J, Falcucci A, Tempio G. Tackling climate change through livestock:
    A global assessment of emissions and mitigation opportunities [Internet]. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations;
  17. Available: http://www.fao.org/3/i3437e/i3437e.pdf
  18. Edenhofer O, et al., eds. Climate Change 2014: Mitigation of Climate Change: Contribution of Working Group III to the Fifth
    Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press; 2014.
  19. Vermeulen SJ, Campbell BM, Ingram JSI. Climate Change and Food Systems. Annual Review of Environment and Resources. 2012;37:
    195–222.
  20. Kebreab E, Liedke A, Caro D, Deimling S, Binder M, Finkbeiner M. Environmental Impact of Using Specialty Feed Ingredients in Swine
    and Poultry Production: A Life Cycle Assessment. Journal of Animal Science. 2016;94: 2664–2681.
  21. Hribar C, Schultz M. Understanding Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations and Their Impact on Communities [Internet]. National
    Association of Local Boards of Health; 2010. Available: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/docs/understanding_cafos_nalboh.pdf
  22. Stehfest E, Bouwman L, van Vuuren DP, den Elzen MG, Eickhout B, Kabat P. Climate Benefits of Changing Diet. Climate Change.
    2009;95: 83–102.
  23. Smith P, et al. How Much Land-Based Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Can Be Achieved Without Compromising Food Security and
    Environmental Goals? Global Change Biology. 2013;19: 2285–2302.
  24. Lamb A, et al. The Potential for Land Sparing to Offset Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Agriculture. Nature Climate Change. 2016;6: 488.
  25. Herrero M, Wirsenius S, Henderson B, Rigolot C, Thornton P, Havlik P, de Boer I, Gerber PJ. Livestock and the Environment: What Have
    We Learned in the Past Decade? Annual Review of Environment and Resources. 2015;40: 177–202.
  26. Selman M, Greenhalgh S, Díaz R, Sugg Z. Eutrophication and hypoxia in coastal areas: A global assessment of the state of knowledge.
    World Resources Institute; Mar 2008. Available: https://wriorg.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/pdf/eutrophication_and_hypoxia_in
    _coastal_areas.pdf?_ga=2.112570948.1338149515.1558621682-700640967.1556910199
  27. Mateo-Sagasta J, Marjani Zadeh S, Turral H. Water pollution from agriculture: A global review: Executive summary [Internet]. Food
    and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and International Water Management Institute; 2017. Available: Under Construction.
    org/3/a-i7754e.pdf
  28. O’Neill J. Tackling drug-resistant infections globally: Final report and recommendations [Internet]. Review on Antimicrobial Resistance;
  29. Available: https://amr-review.org/sites/default/files/160518_Final paper_with cover.pdf
  30. Marshal BM, Levy SB. Food Animals and Antimicrobials: Impacts on Human Health. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2011;24: 718–733.
  31. No time to wait: Securing the future from drug-resistant infections [Internet]. United Nations Interagency Coordination Group on
    Antimicrobial Resistance; 2019. Available: https://www.who.int/antimicrobial-resistance/interagency-coordination-group/IACG_final
    _report_EN.pdf?ua=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosscience&stream=science
  32. Fisher MC, Hawkins NJ, Sanglard D, Gurr SJ. Worldwide Emergence of Resistance to Antifungal Drugs Challenges Human Health and
    Food Security. Science. 2018;360: 739–742.
  33. U.S. plant-based market overview [Internet]. The Good Food Institute; 2018. Available: Retail sales data: Plant-based meat, eggs, dairy | GFI
Header image courtesy of Beyond Meat

Back
Top Bottom