Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

One Man and his Campervan on BBC2 Utterly hilarious!!!!

Does anybody know a contact with a small film production company that would be interested in funding the following project:
Driving around scenic UK coastal routes in a large luxury american Winibago camper with a full kitchen including Aga and filmed preparing and cooking meals from ingredients commonly found in most local deli's laced with splashes of wine from the several cases of best vintages from a top vitners. To add futher interest viewers could enjoy scenes of me
preparing and cooking seafood dishes on board charted luxury yachts moored off the odd private beach, no fishing rods, gritty muscles, stinking wild garlic covered in dog piss or some bone riddled fish steamed in a wet newspaper I promise!

yes, but in true TV biz tradition I have stolen your idea and now I will be doing it..

I cant believe this idiot was given time on the BBC.The licence payer is funding this pointless program.There is no direction,no visible skills from this character who resembles some sort of Rupert Bear on a jolly adventure.I think he should have been put on CBBC.The program is unintentionally hilarious for so many reasons.He doesnt represent the normal campervan owner, only a small minority of pretentious clueless 'weekend surfers' that we regularly see down here in Cornwall.They most definitely cant surf.
He also seems to have the mentality of a five year old and I love the bored expressions on the people he has so far encountered.
As for the 'cooking' my son and his real surfing friends are experienced in the art of knocking up fast,hot food when they get out of the surf.That is the real experience not a pillock pretending to be a mixture of Keith Floyd,Jamie Oliver and Rick Stein,without any of the charisma,flair or talent.What a total waste of licence payers money.I can only assume one of the producers is a pretend weekend campervan owner/surfer.

Out of interest, do you know Pig underscore In underscore Wig?

This thread is like the camper van version of the Richard Keys/Sky Sports story - stuff coming totally out of leftfield with real aforethought . . .

Martin Dorey, probably. And hello Diane from Cornwall! Another newbie with an axe to grind, straight in Martin's head.

Fucking hell now a lurker gets in on the act

Bizarro.

This is like watching some kind of surrealist theatre. Not only is the plot impenetrable, but also the players seem to appear and disappear without explanation.

Maybe it's an online pop-up art event.

I saw ten minutes of this lamentable show and the guy was acting like he was presenting a program for under fives.

Oh, and I imagine newbies were posting here because this thread is currently #4 for "One Man and his Campervan on BBC2" on Google so please don't be so rude to them.

Attachments

• 2011-02-15_204054.jpg
    2011-02-15_204054.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1
I saw ten minutes of this lamentable show and the guy was acting like he was presenting a program for under fives.

Oh, and I imagine newbies were posting here because this thread is currently #4 for "One Man and his Campervan on BBC2" on Google so please don't be so rude to them.

Was the ranking the cause of the arrivals, or vice versa?

I guess we'll never know.

Was the ranking the cause of the arrivals, or vice versa?

I guess we'll never know.
The thread being started and Tweeted would have started its climb up the ratings, but an individual post or two isn't likely to make that much difference.

@ed... OK. (As it happens, this page doesn't really rank anywhere with a simpler search term, e.g. "One Man and his Campervan".)

But that aside, I do wonder who this pig wig person is. They've read the book, know who his manager is... I think there's something more to this beef than pig is letting on.

@ed... OK. (As it happens, this page doesn't really rank anywhere with a simpler search term, e.g. "One Man and his Campervan".)

But that aside, I do wonder who this pig wig person is. They've read the book, know who his manager is... I think there's something more to this beef than pig is letting on.
We should be welcoming insider beef when it's about such a dire show that's been funded by licence payers.

Surely this thread is a walk in the park for the new posters (and cherry-popping longtime lurker) editor? Not much 'robust' Urban rudeness here :confused:

On a general note I'm sure we're all very pleased with the new heights of debate and interaction stimulated by visitors from twitter :D

They've read the book, know who his manager is... I think there's something more to this beef than pig is letting on.
tbf, a search on 'one man and his campervan' yields the name of his manager as the 4th result on Google....

how many of you lot have:
a camper
surfed
lived in devon or cornwall
eat at prick steins restaurant for dick heads

No
No
No
No - but would like to

just to let you know what most people i know would describe you as is an emit
the other peopl would call you a c**t

Dave - my ex-boyfriend - is that you!! :D

Do you also feel you have more in common with the Bretons than the English? If so you are Dave and I claim my £5.00. Or a dinner at Rick Steins.

eta: Btw you can say cunt on here....go on....I know you want to!

What is the correct accent for owning a campervan?

my hardnut cockney millwall supporting friend has a camper which he races at santa pod etc. campers are moneypits thats for sure - cost a fortune to run, petrol and spares. really polluting too

Back
Top Bottom